PDA

View Full Version : Question about a banshee?????won't start

quadboy1988
05-02-2005, 03:39 PM
i just got my banshee motor back and put everything back the way it was...i try and start it it wunt kickstart it will tr y but it doesnt start...so i go and buy sum new plugs didnt work...they i tried pop starting and it ran....how come it wunt kickstart???

2muchquad
05-02-2005, 09:59 PM
the timing plate isnt put on correctly.its possible whoever assembled it didnt align the marks on the stator.its probably too advanced.:D

Meat
05-02-2005, 11:05 PM
the timing plate isnt put on correctly.its possible whoever assembled it didnt align the marks on the stator.its probably too advanced

Why would you assume he took the stator plate off the motor :confused: He didnt mention anything about splitting the case or removing the timing plate. Let just assume he did take the timing\stator plate off, if its a stock stator plate its impossible to bolt it up in the wrong position :ermm:

Whenever you have troubles like this one you need to do the basic troubleshooting proceedures. There's a good chance you just have the engine flooded. Check for spark and check for fuel flow. Check the engine compression. Make sure the plugs aint fouled. DON'T USE STARTER FLUID. Pour a capfull of premix gas in the spark plug holes and try to get it fired up on this gas. A fresh engine will have lower compression compared to one thats fresh but "broke in". Try to get it started so you can start "breaking the engine in". Take a compression reading on the new virgin engine and keep taking compression readings while your breaking the motor in. The compression will rise a few lbs as the piston rings seat and it should be easier to start.

Banshee's are cold blooded and when its cold outside, or when they have sat without being run for awhile, they can be a sonfa***** to fire up. You'll need to learn\figure out that Banshee starting proceedure and how to clear a flooded motor.

Use NGK B8es or BR8es spark plugs gapped at .030

And finally...... do you have any ignition mods, like an aftermarket timing plate, a degree key or an afmkt CDI box ??