PDA

View Full Version : Stock Shock Rebuild

pkb324
05-02-2005, 03:33 PM
What do you all think is the best option for rebuilding my stock shocks? DeRisi, GT thunder... and for those of you who have done this..does it take care of the fading front shock problem i currently have with stock shocks? any comments i can get would be awsome

05-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by pkb324
What do you all think is the best option for rebuilding my stock shocks? DeRisi, GT thunder... and for those of you who have done this..does it take care of the fading front shock problem i currently have with stock shocks? any comments i can get would be awsome

Derisi is by far better, but you pay a lot more, GT thunder is also a great shock builder and a lot cheaper, yes it takes care of the fading and everything, especially if you go with derisi's valving and everything, but your gonna have to throw out some cash for all of that from derisi, GT thunder would work great if your on a budget

JH_Racing188
05-02-2005, 05:22 PM
JH Racing did mine and i couldnt be happier..... didnt even have to mess with them they were ready to ride.....:blah:

Out_Sider
05-02-2005, 06:22 PM
derisi racing IMO is the best person to go to for your suspension needs ;)

Pappy
05-02-2005, 06:26 PM
if money isnt a concern then Derisi and GT Thunder are hard to beat. we have the stock rebuilds from C & D racing on one 450R and absolutley love them. it was also half the price of the others.

the best way to approach this is to get the money together, then make some phone calls talking with each builder about your needs. one of them is sure to fit the majority of your needs and be in your price range.

i for one am happy that we finally have stock shocks that can be rebuilt to a level where most riders are more then happy and not spend the mortgage payment for them:p