PDA

View Full Version : Tim Farr's 450r???

blake_mx_racer
05-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Anybody got a list of all the mods Tim Farr has on his 450r. I've looked all over the internet and cant seem to find none.

Blake

iceracer65
05-02-2005, 03:39 PM
everything within the 50" width and 450cc limits...you name it, its got it:devil:

quadjeff
05-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Baldwins name on motor but it is really factory honda... It is hard to say in the motor arena.. It is sick fast.. I have seen it first hand..

250xridamatt
05-02-2005, 04:51 PM
The only stuff you are going to find out is the things you see looking at his quad. You will never find whats done to his motor. Racing is competitive, they probably have many little secrets only the pros know about.

xcyfz450
05-02-2005, 05:14 PM
in the latest dirt wheels has anybody noticed where his oil cooler is its not where it comes factory????????:confused:

yfzrider93
05-02-2005, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too. Probably gets better air flow where he has it.

Pappy
05-02-2005, 05:44 PM
:p

blakefoote
05-02-2005, 07:44 PM
i dout any of us will vere find out what all in the motor,but if u ever do it will never run as good as his,secets r secrets,and theres some stuff u tell and some u don't.thats y his honda is so fast and why most other honda builders r stratching there heads:D

brink400
05-02-2005, 10:08 PM
And he doesnt have to worry about long term reliability too, he probably races on that motor for one MAYBE two weekends then its designated for practice until he blows it, so im sure they do some stuff to those motors that most people looking for good reliability wouldnt even think about doing.

nosliw
05-02-2005, 10:52 PM
it's probably like drag racing. everyone gets really freaky about letting cameras and people see their engines when theyre apart because they think they have done something special, but they all do the same thing.

Jersey450R
05-03-2005, 04:54 AM
Tim Farr's motor is probably 99% custom. He definitly has a custom cam profile and piston. His porting is probably untouchable. Custom flywheel most likely. We can never compare our quads to the top pro production riders because unless any of us make it there, we will never have a clue of what exactly the pro tips and tricks are.

quadjeff
05-03-2005, 07:39 AM
His oil tank is lowered and also his motor is a 1/2 inch lower. Better center of gravity and also lowering the motor helps the quad hook up better and will not take your rear travel away. Less squating when on the gas.. Alot of guys are lowering the motors. We have done two bikes for MX. XC is not required

Jersey450R
05-03-2005, 11:29 AM
How do you lower a oil tank on a 450R? There is no oil tank.:rolleyes:

450ex
05-03-2005, 12:07 PM
he meant oil cooler

Yamahauler_04
05-03-2005, 12:16 PM
I thought the motor could not be moved per the ATVA?

quadjeff
05-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Sorry oil cooler... The rules are kinda of a gray area. They read stock frame but do not spell out moving the motor. Next time you are at nationals go check out his quad..

blake_mx_racer
05-03-2005, 04:57 PM
I am planning on going to Loretta Lynns race i think in August is what a friend told me so i will be sure and look at his bike.

Blake

cdalepilot
05-03-2005, 05:10 PM
this is a good thread, some really good info on a pro's set-up

440ex kid
05-03-2005, 05:28 PM
How exactly do you lower the motor? If you used different motor mounts how would you get it to sit lower on the swingarm bolt?

jeepnrocks
05-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by 440ex kid
How exactly do you lower the motor? If you used different motor mounts how would you get it to sit lower on the swingarm bolt?
maybe the front of the motor sits lower because its tilted ?

roostin_dale
05-03-2005, 09:29 PM
I would like some more info on lowering the motor if anyone has some info!

benwa450r
05-04-2005, 06:13 AM
You can't lower the back of the motor but you can lower the front by making custom front and top engine mounts.

05-04-2005, 06:45 AM
Is it just me or is Farr's hood slimmer then everyone elses this year :confused: :huh

quadjeff
05-04-2005, 07:04 AM
You have to remove and re-mount your lower mounts. And the the real fun is moving your pivot point on the swingarm. Re-weld, ream the hole again (The drill and reamer are really expensive) Once you do that re-mount your swingarm. You will notice first the counter shaft sprocket and the rear sprocket are in line. What I mean by that is you take out that angle your chain is setting on the slider. You all notice you loose around a inch of travel when you sit on your quad.. Now you already will have that perfect level quad not wasting the first inch or so of travel also it really helps the traction and handling. Sorry I have a broken arm so I am typing one handed. I will see about posting Pics. You want to be an excellent fab guy to complete this. This is a Huge task.. Check out Farr's. My explanation is not so great.

Hawk III
05-04-2005, 01:50 PM
or you can just wait for the 06' to come out :)

cinigen9
05-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by quadjeff
You have to remove and re-mount your lower mounts. And the the real fun is moving your pivot point on the swingarm. Re-weld, ream the hole again (The drill and reamer are really expensive) Once you do that re-mount your swingarm. You will notice first the counter shaft sprocket and the rear sprocket are in line. What I mean by that is you take out that angle your chain is setting on the slider. You all notice you loose around a inch of travel when you sit on your quad.. Now you already will have that perfect level quad not wasting the first inch or so of travel also it really helps the traction and handling. Sorry I have a broken arm so I am typing one handed. I will see about posting Pics. You want to be an excellent fab guy to complete this. This is a Huge task.. Check out Farr's. My explanation is not so great.

jeff - have any pics of the finished product - sounds interesting. Do you have to run a longer kicker and adjust the intake side for clearance?

Carson

xcyfz450
05-04-2005, 04:20 PM
yes his hood really looks alot slimmer then mine:confused:

05-04-2005, 04:42 PM
is it legal to lower your engine like that for gncc?

Jeff2269
06-09-2005, 11:14 PM
White brothers builds tims motors

CdaleXtreme
06-10-2005, 10:06 AM
an aftermarket accessory company builds Tim's Motors...OK.

Jeff2269
06-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Yup, ask around, do some research.

MD450r
06-10-2005, 05:04 PM
About the slimmer hood. In the most recent issue of dirt wheels there is a Quad Tech advertisement and on the left there is a skinny looking hood that says Tim Farr by it and all of the way on the right is the vented hood that says John Natalie by it. Its a pretty small picture but the hood looks like it is not as wide as the standard one I have.

This is sometheing I think I read in a magazine once. If anyone can tell me if its true. I think it relates to the topic of the motor being lowered in the frame.
You take these three points, the countershaft the swingarm pivot and the axle centerline. When the atv is under hard acceleration the tension of the chain tries to create a straight line between the center line of the three points I gave above.

If you look at a yfz the counter shaft sits low in relation to the swingarm pivot. Whenever I see one taking a sweeping turn under power they seem to stay very low to the ground and the same under hard acceleration.

Im sure a part of it is suspension setup but I would still like to know if what I have said above is true or completely off base.

Aaron

bbrad mulvey
06-11-2005, 12:22 AM
yes Tims hood is more narroow. If you go to Quad techs site you will see that they just released the new slimmer hood that is on Tims quad. Most of us have the wider one. As far as White bros building the engine, I would believe it. Because I know that Yoshimura builds Gust and Jones engines. You can even buy the kit from yosh. When I ordered my piston kit from Mark Baldwin. He said that EVERY thing that is in tims quad is something anybody can buy off the shelf from his store. The only real big thing is that they run a custom grind cam in that motor. But everything else is off the shelf.

roostin_dale
06-11-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Jeff2269
White brothers builds tims motors

hehe, that was a joke right?

:huh

Jeff2269
06-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Nope, do some research and thats what youll find

450Rcarbonpro
06-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Yes White Brothers does do all tim farrs motor work. They do all team honda riders atv and dirt bike. yes they do all the top honda dirtbike riders.................Call and ask them I you don't believe us. Also they don't do any head work for the general public or any motor work at all for that matter. They have been building the top secret factory bikes motor's for years it was just a secret so now you know. They know things others just don't and with factory money from the dirtbikes they can do just that through r&D. Lots of resources and Honda backing gets the job done.

Jeff2269
06-12-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by 450Rcarbonpro
Yes White Brothers does do all tim farrs motor work. They do all team honda riders atv and dirt bike. yes they do all the top honda dirtbike riders.................Call and ask them I you don't believe us. Also they don't do any head work for the general public or any motor work at all for that matter. They have been building the top secret factory bikes motor's for years it was just a secret so now you know. They know things others just don't and with factory money from the dirtbikes they can do just that through r&D. Lots of resources and Honda backing gets the job done.

Maybe now they will believe what i said.

Hondacrf15
06-13-2005, 02:46 PM
Mark Baldwin from Baldwin Motorsports builds Tim's motors. They just run some of White Brothers components. I was just at Baldwin's and he was rebuilding the motor on the race bike.

450Rcarbonpro
06-13-2005, 03:10 PM
Baldwin maintains tim's motor but does not build the internals. he might change the oil, lube the bearings, ect............But White brothers Build and designs all Team Factory Honda riders. This is not Tim's choice or Baldwins's it is hondas Corporate decision. His first year with honda Baldwin did build tims internal motor mods but that end after year one. This year it is all whiteBrothers. Tim Farr himself has mentioned this in personal interviews. Do some more research.

roostin_dale
06-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Ive done research and all i can find says baldwin does it..show me somehwere that says white bros does.

And what about the big Baldwin add in Dirtwheels that has a pic of Farr and says "who builds your race motor"

450Rcarbonpro
06-13-2005, 03:52 PM
That is advertising genius! Call white Brothers and ASK? Anyways I also have sources in the know that have told me what I had alread found out. Also ATV's are being brought into the factory dirtbike relm. Honda has all thier motors done by Whitebrothers. This is hondas decisions not Tim Farr's or Baldwin Motorsports. And of course Baldwin will ride Honda's coat tail. Like I said Balwin builds as in assembles tims motors. Alll internal work is done by whitebrothers ie: head design, cam, piston, crank, ect............................... In the sense of the word Build as in assemble's motors is much different than internal modifications. We should say he bolts tims motors together. Also baldwin does do head porting and other motor mods You just wont get what tim has in his motor because it is from whitebrothers.

450Rcarbonpro
06-13-2005, 04:03 PM
When I talk to white brothers befor the race season they had tims motor or should I say motors at thier factory in California That is a long ways from ohio and a long ways to ship a motor for an exhaust. Did you notice he runs a whitebrothers pipe this season with a custom bend. Look at the team honda dirtbike team and you see the same thing. Huh. Tim Farr races for team honda not Baldwin motorsports. It is the end of the good ol boy days and hellow to factory support or should I say control. That is how the factory teams work. Eventually Few aftermarket parts will be on the factory atv's as more and more will be Factory designs much like the dirtbikes. And none of it will be sold to the public same as the dirtbikes. The days of building the same quad as the pro guys is soon to be over as the parts used will just not be available.

Warnerade
06-13-2005, 05:38 PM
ya..its definately white brothers behind hondas engine work.

Jeff2269
06-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Mark Baldwin is Tims mechanic, and thats about it. Mark doesnt get the credit for Tims lightning fast bike, white brothers does. White brothers will probably be doing Natalies motor next year.

roostin_dale
06-13-2005, 06:22 PM
im not arguin with you guys. You sound like you know what your talkin about. Its just that this is the first thing i have evr heard about white bros building motors...

bbrad mulvey
06-14-2005, 12:28 AM
I dont mean to beat the dead horse but let me again point you towards Yoshimura and Suzuki, if you got to the yosh website, you will find the kit that goes in Doug gust machine is for sale to public.
I am sure there is much more done than just bolt on and minor head work to make i in the Pro series these days. But even if you call and ask Mark Baldwin he will tell you every thing that goes in

Tims motor is readily available to the market. The area you will find the difference is in the head and cam shaft. He will not say antthing about the cam except that it is a custom grind.
The reason I know this is because I have "the same piston" that Tim runs in his machine, Mark sold me this piston. It is a custom piston that I have heard NO body on any boards talk about yet.

But like I said, I believe that White Bros has their fingers in Honda just like Yosh has their fingers in Suzuki.

Another thing is suspension, unless you have a full ride sponsorship you will NEVER get the good stuff I dont care how much you have. Their stuff is literally custom tailored to each rider.

Warnerade
06-14-2005, 12:44 AM
brad...maybe the KITS are available..but it will never be the same, becuase there is so much R&D into their motors...and your right about the shocks, i find it very hard to beleive natalie's fox shocks are realy just compressed air pockets...i bet there is oil in those things...springs...whatever works best. I just cant see compressed air holding up to that much pressure without leaking.

Prey
06-14-2005, 07:10 AM
i did not think Tim was a factory sponsored rider?

and even at that, i know of factory sponsored riders taking their bikes to mechs outside of their factory deal

i wont get into names, but i have seen this

44oEX
06-14-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Prey

WOW where have you been for the past months, hiding under a rock:eek2:

Warnerade
06-14-2005, 09:51 AM

and even at that, i know of factory sponsored riders taking their bikes to mechs outside of their factory deal

i wont get into names, but i have seen this i can guarantee you no factory ATV rider take their quads elsewhere.

bbrad mulvey
06-14-2005, 10:24 AM
Nacs you are totally right and that is what I was agreeing with, the kits are available but the "kit" that goes into a factory rider has some special things done to it again things that us riders/racers will never know about unless we make it to the same final line up as them. I agree abou Natalie's suspension too. .. He has the goods. And they are so trick looking too, but has fox offered those to us yet...

Jeff2269
06-14-2005, 10:55 AM
October is when the new fox shox come out. I am about to order mine.

Prey
06-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
i can guarantee you no factory ATV rider take their quads elsewhere.

i can guarentee they do, if i wanted to bad enough, i could tell you where to go to see it for yourself........but i dont care that much

Prey
06-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by 44oEX
WOW where have you been for the past months, hiding under a rock:eek2:

thought baldwin was his primary sponsor, kinda like alba is to ellis and was to borich

Warnerade
06-14-2005, 01:21 PM
i can guarentee they do, if i wanted to bad enough, i could tell you where to go to see it for yourself........but i dont care that much So, let me get this straight...you didnt even know that tim was a factory honda racer....yet you can prove he takes his quads else where for work. You may not care enough to prove it..but i'd sure like to see your proof.

Prey
06-14-2005, 01:40 PM
So, let me get this straight...you didnt even know that tim was a factory honda racer....yet you can prove he takes his quads else where for work. You may not care enough to prove it..but i'd sure like to see your proof.

first off, i did not say farr took his quad anywhere, you should re-read what i said.

like i said, its not worth me loosing my connection with this builder just to prove it to you

Warnerade
06-14-2005, 03:16 PM
first off, i did not say farr took his quad anywhere, you should re-read what i said.

like i said, its not worth me loosing my connection with this builder just to prove it to you you didnt sya farr's name...but you also didnt specify...and if its not worth losing your "connection" why even bring up that you can prove it, if you wont? I dont care what your "connection" tells you...I just cant see taking factory bikes to other, local bike shops..when factory's have the money to have the best sutff, standing behind it with R&D.

jrspawn
06-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Well, i didnt want to have to reveal the secret, but i guess i will.............. I build Tim farr's engine's:eek2: :blah: Just kidding. The bottom line is, along with all the good things that go with factory involvment, also comes the "secret" stuff. In all types of racing when factory's get involved, they say "buy the same stuff our pro's use" Well you can buy the similar parts, but its not the same, they engine builder's all have their little tweaks and different adjustments for their"pro riders". Everyone has to realize also that once these bikes start making over 50hp(which most of the national kits will get you close with piston,cams, porting, etc..) the pro bikes might make just a hair more than that, such a close difference that an ameture probably wouldnt be able to use what little power extra power they have. Regardless, of who is building who's engine's, they are all lightning fast, and above that more credit should be due to the pro's riding them for their talent.

Thank you
Justin

Prey
06-14-2005, 05:27 PM
you didnt sya farr's name...but you also didnt specify...and if its not worth losing your "connection" why even bring up that you can prove it, if you wont? I dont care what your "connection" tells you...I just cant see taking factory bikes to other, local bike shops..when factory's have the money to have the best sutff, standing behind it with R&D.

its not what my "connection" told me, its the fact that i was sitting on a factory pro riders race bike at his shop......... like i said, i could prove it if i wanted, but its not worth it to me to make you happy and i beleive that is what i originally said in the beggining.

im offering you FACT.....if you choose to not listen then so be it

iceracer65
06-14-2005, 05:35 PM
ALL the motors run good...its like pick up sticks. rider preference and over all torque....which honda leads ;)

450Rcarbonpro
06-14-2005, 05:43 PM
First there are only 3 real factory riders in mx. Farr for honda Gust and Jones for suzuki. They have sighned contracts. The rest like Ellis only get bikes not full r&D support. Goodman is now getting bikes from suzuki and Natalie for Honda. But only first 3 have real factory deals. Natalie is suppose to get full support next season. I bet he will be forced to use white brothers instead of Sparks. That is how the factories work. They are not interested in aftermarket parts. They believe races won sell stock bikes. They want nothing more. Walsh Racecraft has a signed deal with Honda and suzuki. He designs the chassis components for both. I know for a fact that you can't buy the same arms or swingarms or linkages that he produces for the factories. This is just how it is going to be. Sure some parts are availabe like pistons. There are only 2 or 3 good sources and they are the only companys that produce them. So common parts will be released. Now most of them use higher compression pistons than are generally sold. They are unreliable and not suitable for public use. I could go on and on but point being that factories do things different than our traditional aftermarket arena. you will all bite your tongue when Natalie runs the White brothers exhaust. That will be the tell tell sign.

450Rcarbonpro
06-14-2005, 05:49 PM
Also Gust, Farr, Jones are make around the 1 million mark. there is no way the factories would pay them this kind of money and allow them to do thier own things. This is a job for them not some racers pipe dream. They get up everyday to race nothing else. Think of it like your daily job only they like thier job.

woodsZrider
06-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by blake_mx_racer
Anybody got a list of all the mods Tim Farr has on his 450r. I've looked all over the internet and cant seem to find none.

Blake

NO ONE CAN GET CLOSE ENOUGH TO HIM TO FIND OUT!!!!!:D

44oEX
06-14-2005, 09:31 PM
thought baldwin was his primary sponsor, kinda like alba is to ellis and was to borich

yes baldwin WAS his primary sponsor...Now American Honda is his primary sponsor.

Man you didn't know he got a factory ride, how can you know you "source" has there bike if you don't even know they have factory ride.

Warnerade
06-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by 44oEX
yes baldwin WAS his primary sponsor...Now American Honda is his primary sponsor.

Man you didn't know he got a factory ride, how can you know you "source" has there bike if you don't even know they have factory ride. he stated above..he didnt specify farr...

like it was stated, all 3 FULL RIDE factory MXers are getting paid a very substantial amount of money...for them to tkae their work elsewhere...without honda, suzuki..or whoever know...like they wouldnt find out when they tear the bike down "who did this" would come out of their mouths. I dont care what you heard...or what you "saw"...that'd be like saying when Sparks did farr's motors...he still took them to a local shop to do some extra tweaking, to get more hp. Ill simply ask Goodman next time i see him.

bbrad mulvey
06-15-2005, 01:32 AM
Im with nacs and carbonpro all the way. they may offer the marginal amount to public but you will never get the real stuff. And I dont think that you will ever see a pro bike at a Ma and Pa shop either. Sponsors would throw a black flag up in a second if they founf out about that one!

Wow are you serious about the top riders making that much money? When I heard they made more than normal living wages I never thought that it would be in the7 digit figures!

TCracin440ex
06-15-2005, 03:01 AM
Baldwin maintains tim's motor but does not build the internals. he might change the oil, lube the bearings, ect............But White brothers Build and designs all Team Factory Honda riders. This is not Tim's choice or Baldwins's it is hondas Corporate decision. His first year with honda Baldwin did build tims internal motor mods but that end after year one. This year it is all whiteBrothers. Tim Farr himself has mentioned this in personal interviews. Do some more research.

i beg to differ....his first year as a factory backed rider...mr. curtis sparks was building his motors...thats a fact that came from sparks himself

far as finding out what his specs of his bike are...im going to steal 1...and imma sell race secretes and make millions...LOL

TCracin440ex
06-15-2005, 03:03 AM
luckily sparks aint updated his site in a while so

read um and weap

http://sparksracing.com/center/trx450r/TRX450_450.htm

Warnerade
06-15-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by bbrad mulvey
Wow are you serious about the top riders making that much money? When I heard they made more than normal living wages I never thought that it would be in the7 digit figures! i heard that only bill ballance is making 7 digits...but, i know the other 3 in mx are high in the 6 figures.

450Rcarbonpro
06-15-2005, 04:29 PM
tcracing440ex You are correct Sparks did his head work and cam. I just forgot to mention that earlier. This is kinda funny because I was thinking about that today. I was gonna post it tonight. Anyways I have some pics of prototype aarms that Tim Farr wanted to test for next season. They are really SICK. Actually I have the aarms. Anyone want to see a pic send me your email and I will let you see them.

450Rcarbonpro
06-15-2005, 04:32 PM
Also I heard from a second party to Bill Balance that he makes between 240,000 to 260,000 a year. I was told 2 weeks ago. It was a credible souce who races with him alot. Could be off a little??

TCracin440ex
06-15-2005, 05:00 PM
e-mail them to me....TCracin440ex@aol.com

Prey
06-15-2005, 05:30 PM
you didnt sya farr's name...but you also didnt specify...and if its not worth losing your "connection" why even bring up that you can prove it, if you wont? I dont care what your "connection" tells you...I just cant see taking factory bikes to other, local bike shops..when factory's have the money to have the best sutff, standing behind it with R&D.

im not trying to flame ya dude......

it was worth saying because its absolutely true.

according the ATVA, Mark is Tim's builder and maintaner and unless someone personally knows farr or baldwin and says different, I will beleive ATVA.

with that said, why is it so hard to believe what i am saying when honda saw fit to outsource their engine building to Mark.

like someone mentioned before, the factories are trying to sell bikes, they think they sell bike by who wins, do you REALLY think they are above linking with people that can help them do that so they can increase their profit line.

TCracin440ex
06-15-2005, 05:35 PM
mark baldwin used to be tims engine builder back before he was factory backed...mark also used to be tims number one sponsor but now honda is...and white brothers is building tims motors

mark might assemble them, and maintain them...afterall mark is just a mechanic...i dont think paul turner and ryan cox (team suzukis mechanics) doin gusts and jones engines they just turn the wrenches on them.....yoshi does all the real work

TCracin440ex
06-15-2005, 05:39 PM
if you looked....last year mark was just a mechanic for tim...curtis sparks was building tims motors...and i might be wrong but i think curtis sparks has always built tim farrs motors

so i dont see how you could say that mark is tims builder

Prey
06-15-2005, 05:47 PM
tc, i posted that based on this article from atva summary of this years glenn helen race

http://www.atvaonline.com/News/05/GlenHelenMX.asp

450Rcarbonpro
06-15-2005, 05:54 PM
Interesting that is slightly miss worded. Builder could be taken out of context. Trust me he tuned the motor not built the parts.

Prey
06-15-2005, 05:58 PM
i would not say that either, but...i would say that if he was responsible for the head work/cam selection/ignition selection/carb setup then thats pretty close to building the engine minus hand fabbing the cam and piston

i dont know that he was responsible for this, but when someone says builder to me vice mechanic it means the above plus chassis/suspension

450Rcarbonpro
06-15-2005, 06:09 PM
Oh prey......................Ive said enough.......and tcracin440ex has seen my pics to prove my credibility. And also most of the parts like ignition and that stuff are Honda CRF 450 parts. For a while he had to use the crf 450 clutch lever and hot start. Alot of the stuff on his bike are honda parts.

TCracin440ex
06-15-2005, 06:13 PM
i dont think you can completely credit mark baldwin for tims motor....sorry...mark might put the fine tuning on the motors...but thats about it

the real deal comes from whitebrothers...

carbonpro just let prey believe what he wants to believe...and you can believe what you know....

Prey
06-15-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
i dont think you can completely credit mark baldwin for tims motor....sorry...mark might put the fine tuning on the motors...but thats about it

the real deal comes from whitebrothers...

carbonpro just let prey believe what he wants to believe...and you can believe what you know....

actually i specifically said that i dont know that he does all that, it was my definition of builder

Jeff2269
06-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Can you send those prototype arms to jeff2269@hotmail.com .. thanks

450Rcarbonpro
06-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Let me clarify because I am getting emails requesting tim farrs aarms. I had walsh design these aarms for me specifically. Both teams were let in on the project and they became very interested in my aarms. Walsh designed them and showed them to a select crowd of pros. He does not sell this complete product but will in the future. Tim farr wanted to test them. All of team suzuki wanted a set fabbed for testing as the prototypes were honda's. The the rest of the info is disclosed so that is all I can tell you. They are really sweet and nothing like them in the market today.

Jeff2269
06-15-2005, 06:44 PM
10-4 buddy, can you send me some pics of them? Im interested!

Warnerade
06-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Jeff2269
10-4 buddy, can you send me some pics of them? Im interested! if the information is disclosed...and they are prototype...would you realy think they would want pictures floating all around?

450Rcarbonpro
06-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Yes they are prototypes but it was my project. They wanted what I had worked on with walsh to design. What they did with the rest of what I help with is not for me or you to know. But lets say more parts were made I just don't know what. Even my info gets cut off at some point. Also I addressed posting pictures with Walsh. Not a problem. When I get a chance I will post a thread only for these aarms with lots of detailed pic. Will that suffice.

Jeff2269
06-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Can you email me a few pics? It sounds like its going to be a little while before you post them on here?

44oEX
06-15-2005, 09:55 PM
send them to me to I would like to see....ecc0047@umoncton.ca

thanks

MrP
06-16-2005, 10:43 PM
This is not Tim's choice or Baldwins's it is hondas Corporate decision.

LOL..........Is it Honda's Corporate decision to not have Tim Farr have one Honda Sticker on his rig or one Honda tent.

I dont know who to believe on who is building Farr's motors. LOL.

roostin_dale
06-16-2005, 10:50 PM
After reading all of this i still think baldwin builds them. I have raced alot of nationals and Baldwin is ALWAYS the one doing motor work. They dont have a hond rig or tent as MrP said...

The only people ever at farr's rig are Baldwin, farr himself, and his wife. Noone form honda, no one from white bros, and no one from sparks....you guys say what you want but untill farr or honda says it themselves, i am stickin with baldwin on this one.

Jeff2269
06-16-2005, 11:10 PM
You go right ahead and think what you want, but all the info is right in front of you. The FACTORIES are getting involved in atv racing now, so you can start to kiss most of the aftermarket engine builders good bye. White brothers does ALL of team hondas motors, including tims.

Prey
06-17-2005, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
After reading all of this i still think baldwin builds them. I have raced alot of nationals and Baldwin is ALWAYS the one doing motor work. They dont have a hond rig or tent as MrP said...

The only people ever at farr's rig are Baldwin, farr himself, and his wife. Noone form honda, no one from white bros, and no one from sparks....you guys say what you want but untill farr or honda says it themselves, i am stickin with baldwin on this one.

dont forget about wayne mooradian, he is ususally there too

MrP
06-17-2005, 09:42 AM
so you can start to kiss most of the aftermarket engine builders good bye

Thats funny bro..............Have you ever even been to a National?

bbrad mulvey
06-17-2005, 10:18 AM
No but I really really want to! Are you offering to make us!lol. I hate living on the west coast, especially up north. There is nothing here but rocky soil and no large entertainment. That is why I am trying to figure out where to move;)

Cody_300ex
06-17-2005, 11:01 AM

Actually last year and the year before, curtis sparks HIMSELF, was at Farr's , Hitt's, and Goodmans tents at the paducah TT national cause they alway set up in the same order right beside each other. And last year I do sparks had something to do with farrs motor, cause They said that the whole top five was sparks motors, It was Hitt in 1st , Farr in 2nd, Little in 3rd, Goodman 4th, and I cant remeber 5th.

Warnerade
06-17-2005, 11:06 AM
yes, last year curtis was doing farr's motors.

roostin_dale
06-17-2005, 01:26 PM
I know sparks did his motors last year...but there is nothing in my quote about LAST YEAR...

Warnerade
06-17-2005, 01:31 PM
I know sparks did his motors last year...but there is nothing in my quote about LAST YEAR... chill tater...i was confirming lil 300ex kid

roostin_dale
06-17-2005, 01:37 PM
chill tater...i was confirming lil 300ex kid
lmao, tater? haha...i know you were, i was just stating that i never said anything about last year... ;)

Cody_300ex
06-17-2005, 02:01 PM
lmao, tater? haha...i know you were, i was just stating that i never said anything about last year... ;)

Yea, your new names tater! Kinda like brians willy wonka and johns banana boi

Warnerade
06-17-2005, 02:06 PM
word

redrider9045
06-17-2005, 03:42 PM
The only thing u can find out about all pros bike is what you can see they dont sell what is done in the engine execpt little stuff like cam piston valves and egnition that good stuff but if you got a guy off the street that built his engine just like farrs Farrs would win those bikes are so dialed in to ther core

roostin_dale
06-17-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
Yea, your new names tater! Kinda like brians willy wonka and johns banana boi

thanks for labeling me!....

Cody_300ex
06-17-2005, 09:24 PM
tater is a lot better than banana boi!!!

H-Bomb09
06-20-2005, 05:54 PM
Let me clarify because I am getting emails requesting tim farrs aarms. I had walsh design these aarms for me specifically. Both teams were let in on the project and they became very interested in my aarms. Walsh designed them and showed them to a select crowd of pros. He does not sell this complete product but will in the future. Tim farr wanted to test them. All of team suzuki wanted a set fabbed for testing as the prototypes were honda's. The the rest of the info is disclosed so that is all I can tell you. They are really sweet and nothing like them in the market today.

So does that mean that your getting paid for the design?

CdaleXtreme
06-22-2005, 02:46 PM
I was 6 inches away from Tim Farrs front end this weekend and there is nothing different about his Walsh A-arms than mine. Could something be different by a couple degrees? possibly.

The rear end is the same style linkage as my savior linkage. Could the geometry of the linkage be slightly different, maybe. But doubtfull.

The Linkage used on Suzuki's factory bikes: Doug, Jones, Spader. Is a one off billet linkage only available to the big 3 riders. Goodman, lawson or Ragon dont have them, nor is it available to the public.

I talked to Mike Walsh the other day, and he said the Suzuki A-arms are available to the public but the rear linkage system is not.

I didnt have a micrometer out measuring linkage distances but there are very close to what is being sold to the public.

450Rcarbonpro
06-23-2005, 10:16 PM
No. Walsh designed them. And what makes them special is not a different design by geometry. Anyways you could buy them from walsh if you want to spend alot of money.

CdaleXtreme
06-24-2005, 09:11 AM
Well that only leaves Titanium, which makes perfect sense. Thats pretty cool though! and Jeesh I thought Walsh's Chromoly stuff was expensive. ;)