PDA

View Full Version : What to get For Cannible??

Foxrage
05-18-2002, 02:00 PM
What should i get for my soon to hopefully be cannable? The first thing im going to get is Propeg nerfs. Than im not sure what to get after that. If i get my job this summer i will go all out but if i dont get my job ill still make around a grand so want to decide what to get. I was thinkin A-arms, Steering stem, TAG T-2, and axle and maybe some carbon fiber scoops if i make some extra. Can i add a triple rate spring to dual rate shocks?? Thanks

Cannibal440
06-12-2002, 03:25 PM
Get skid plates. Protect your aluminun frame

JabberJaw
06-12-2002, 03:36 PM
HMF pipe, and moto chip remapping! Less than 200.00, awesome power gain.

JBBSPEED
06-12-2002, 07:51 PM
Taller front tires they come with ones that fit a blaster! yes skid plate and HMF pipe and remaping.

Derno24
06-13-2002, 03:30 PM
Pipe and remapping from rs performance.

06-13-2002, 03:51 PM
shock wears, grips, handlebars, remap, pipe, and tires someday

06-27-2002, 12:21 AM
SELL IT AND GET A YAMAHA!! MUAHAHAHAHA:devil :eek: :D

06-27-2002, 10:02 AM
i see its 4:20 fmfblaster? what have u been smoking? buy a HONDA! sell that crap man:D

06-27-2002, 12:30 PM
haha, i'm happy with my blaster.. maybe when i decide to move up i'll get a 400.. if i have the money to mod it.. not a big fan of the stock look of them, but they still look cool

roostin_dale
07-11-2002, 09:04 AM
pipe, skids, nerfs, axle, uhhhhhhhh i think thats it

MxDale71
07-11-2002, 10:24 AM
The stock handlebars are junk, just like any other set of steel bars. I would buy nerfs and a kill switch, then handlebars, than axle, and 18" Tamers. I don't know what you would want to do with the shocks. I got one of the earlier Cannibal's that have Ohlins all around so my stock shocks are okay for me right now. The rear Ohlin shock is awesome. I mean it hasn't bottomed out yet and I have had some bad landings, but I don't know if the 03 models come with Ohlins rear shock. The Cannondale's have plenty of power. I would just work on the chassis before you add a pipe and remapping.

Good luck, and I hope you have fun with your soon to hopefully be Cannibal. :D

Sleeping Catfish
07-11-2002, 11:34 AM
i heard a steering damper really improved the handling.

Sleeping Catfish
07-12-2002, 11:42 AM
holy chit! you were right mxdale71! i can't get a new silencer, gas tank, or coolant tank from cannondale! how much do you think a gas tank is? i was sure they would just replace these things! things like this make me hate cannondale. the root of the problems is my chitty dealer.

Nausty
07-12-2002, 08:41 PM
I would keep the stock itp holeshots. No use in spending 200 bucks for new tires when your stock ones are already GREAT tires which are probably as good as turf tamers. I would do what jabber said right after nerfs and skids and just keep your stock bars until they bend.

DiceMan400
07-15-2002, 07:59 PM
You know what you can get for the C-dale......... A match....... Dont forget to put it in the gas tank......:D

roostin_dale
07-15-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by DiceMan400
You know what you can get for the C-dale......... A match....... Dont forget to put it in the gas tank......:D

Whats wrong with the c-dale:confused:

Foxrage
07-16-2002, 08:49 AM
Heres what i have so far herrman LT with elka quadrates and redone rear shock, Herman Stem, Tag t-2, Magura clutch, PCP radiator shrouds, RPM Axle, Hmf pipe with nacs mapping, AC Propeg nerfs. Sound Good??

Quadfreak you stole my TITLE (NACS RACER) Damnit

MxDale71
07-16-2002, 12:42 PM
Sleeping Catfish, don't think I forgot who you are. I don't see why you expect Cannondale to replace parts on a quad that you bought used. If you buy anything used, it will have NO WARRENTY unless the Dealership is doing some kind of special deal, but that usually only happens in the automotive world. I don't wanna get in some kind of arguement but if you buy something used (Especially Hi performance quads), you have to expect problems, and there is NO WAY you can blame Cannondale for that. They give everyone the chance to have parts replaced UNDER WARRANTY, and I know they replaced an engine rail for you even when you weren't under warranty, so that alone is already above and beyond ANY OTHER company. The problem is, that costs them to much money and it's even worse when Cannondale's Tech guy says it's nothing for everyone to worry about (obviously telling us that the crack in your frame was your fault or the previous owners fault). I know you probably don't want to hear this, but Cannondale did the right thing by not replacing your gas tank and what ever else for free. They are a new company that is still paying for a multi-million dollar factory, so that they could build the best, most powerful, and least detuned quads that the people have been asking for for YEARS. They can't afford to replace parts on "non-warranty" quads. Yeah, they could afford to fix yours, or even just give you a completely new quad, but there are more people out there besides you. If they were to replace a $100 part for everyone, they would be spending millions of dollars, so they HAVE TO limit it down to those quads still under warranty. You should be glad they replaced you engine rails. No other company would have done that for you, even if you were under warranty. Think of all the 01 Raptor owners with their bad trannies, or the Z400 owners with their weak axles'... they aren't getting any help from the factory.

Diceman400 is just mad because Cannondale's are better.

Nausty - the stock Holeshots SUCK @SS on the track. Trust me.

roostin_dale
07-16-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by NACS400EX
Heres what i have so far herrman LT with elka quadrates and redone rear shock, Herman Stem, Tag t-2, Magura clutch, PCP radiator shrouds, RPM Axle, Hmf pipe with nacs mapping, AC Propeg nerfs. Sound Good??

Quadfreak you stole my TITLE (NACS RACER) Damnit

oops...i didnt notice! I changed it for ya!

Nausty
07-16-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by MxDale71

Nausty - the stock Holeshots SUCK @SS on the track. Trust me.

I havn't ridden them but I NEVER complain about the handling of my machine and my stock tires after riding a blaster with those huge bubble tires. Lol go into a 180 on the dirt on that:D I can't imagine the cannondale would handle bad enough to need to replace the brand new tires with it that are still good imo because lots of pros run holeshots.

Foxrage
07-16-2002, 05:41 PM
Quadfreak i was j/k you can keep it we can be partners.

MxDale71
07-16-2002, 06:42 PM
Nausty - The pro's are also 50 inches wide and are running Holeshot MX's. The 20 inch holeshots on the Cannibal and Speed don't corner well. I'm sure they are better than Blasters though :D hehe.

roostin_dale
07-16-2002, 06:43 PM
ok.....

I'll change it back soon
I want to see your quad when your finished....sound like its gunna be pretty cool

DiceMan400
07-16-2002, 06:49 PM
I was just playin...... The only thing wrong with the C-dale is its not a HONDA.....:D They actually run sweet and are pretty damn fast....... Faster than a stock 400:grr ....... But thats OK all ya gotta do is get a 440 kit and they cant come near the EX...... Unless they get a bigbore kit.......It just a big circle......

roostin_dale
07-16-2002, 08:09 PM
400ex is always the best....it can't be beat:o