PDA

View Full Version : riding boots

zlam27
05-01-2005, 10:42 PM
hey,

well im about ready to buy my first pair of riding boots and just wanted to see what others had to say about what brand you have, how you like them, and any other comments on them.

im gonna get some alpinestars tech 4's. do the tech 6, 8, and 10 even come in ATV soles?

basically im tired of riding in work boots and i figured it was time to get a dedicated set of riding boots. they seem to last pretty long too.

zach

aci clay
05-02-2005, 07:09 AM
don't worry about getting a boot with an atv sole just get one that has alot of support. try a tech 6 or if you can afford it a tech 8. they are both much better boots than the tech 4. plus they will last alot longer.

TORO1968
05-02-2005, 07:44 AM
I have Tech 6's - the older style ones. The boots are awesome...probably one of the best purchases I have made yet. Once you ride with them, you'll wonder why you ever rode without them. I know I definitely feel safer with mine on!

I agree w/aci clay about the ATV sole, the MX sole seems to be fine.

With boots, you definitely get what you pay for, so go with a top-quality brand and model if you can afford it.

-Jordan

Doibugu2
05-02-2005, 08:26 AM
I don't have the atv sole, but trying to get your quad unstock on an up hill or down hill in the mud with the MX sole, I couldn't tell you how many times I've slipped.

My next pair will deffiantly have the atv sole.

Don't get me wrong, 99% of the time, the MX sole is fine.

SIDI makes good boots too, and I know they have some with ATV soles.

Teufel
05-02-2005, 08:34 AM
Alphine Stars tech 8 !

zlam27
05-02-2005, 02:37 PM
can you even get the tech-8 in an ATV sole? it may not be necessary, but i think i would rather have it if i have the choice.

im going with the tech-4 because alpinestars is a good brand, the tech series seem to be really good boots, and the 4's come in the ATV sole at a reasonable price.

ill have to look at the SIDI boots and see how they stack up.

zach

gratzracing24
05-02-2005, 06:19 PM
i have a pair of fox boots...i love them...i never ride without them...my foot got caught on my tire last year sucked me off the bike and its on camera it looks like my ankle woud snap...but i didnt feel a thing and the only thing it did was scrape up my knee!
i love them