PDA

View Full Version : ESR airbox eliminator kit

crazyracer250r
05-01-2005, 09:59 PM
i was wondering in the esr catalog it says that the airbox eliminator kit for the r is great for the hills and the strip but is it good for mx to looks to me like it would fall off with all the jumping could anyone tell me how it holds up

Tom TRX250R
05-02-2005, 12:33 AM
The ESR airbox eliminator kit works great for MX. I don't personally run it due to sometimes trail riding but my two friends with 86's run them with no problems. We ride mx a lot and go to the dunes and jump a lot with no problems of grit in the motor or loosening. Just make sure to run an outerwears.

JTRtrx250r
05-05-2005, 01:51 PM
I just scored 1 of these..

Is it a power increaser in any way?

I also scored 1 of those airbox eliminators where the filter and airboot attach to the bracket(along w/ the resi) that mounts on the frame

and wonder what unit is the better of the 2

I ride alot of woods these days and was "slightly " concerned about sucking in water but am stoked and really want to try them out, any bad things w/ either?

baseballplaya23
05-05-2005, 05:47 PM
hey jer i run the ESR airbox eliminator and i love it. i have ridden in muddy conditions with it and havent sucked anything up. you can deffinately feel a power increase with it. well atleast i did. lol. let me know what u think of the other one if u try it,

JTRtrx250r
05-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Cool, yup... lookin' forward to trying them out, I'll definitly let you know bro! Got a 39 pwk to check out at the same time! WOOT!:D :cool: :macho not too very often I get to get out and try out new stuff anymore so Im stoked!! haha

Wish there was a cool place to ride around here dammit!:mad: :D
Its been almost a yr!

Tom TRX250R
05-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey Jeremy,
I wouldn't neccesarily say the ESR airbox eliminator kit gives more power but it does help with throttle response. I have been thinking of putting one on mine for over a year but haven't wanted to ever since my friends 86R sucked up water through the filter. He is running an outerwears too. I would rather stick to the airbox and have the extra safety of not sucking up something into the motor. Though if you were doing strictly duning they are perfect. Just not times when you might run into the occasional creek!!:(

beerock
05-09-2005, 06:53 PM
there is one of misconception about the airbox eliminator kit.

1. you lose a small amount of bottom end(no venturi boot)

2. you gain about two jets up on the main.

throttle response is a little crisper from 1/2 to 3/4 but 1/4 to half is more sluggish.

I ran this set up for a while then i sucked in water and killed a brand new motor. needless to say its sitting in a crate with 3 other filters. I wont use it again.....

just think, even if your in dunes, if you come up to a puddle and happen to go over WOT that set up will suck in water and kill your motor.