PDA

View Full Version : 450r Or Yfz450 Handling!!!!

UtheMoFo
05-01-2005, 09:20 PM
OK im thinking about gettin the honda or the yamaha...and yes i have done my home work and yes i know about almost everything the magazines say and i would like some personal opinions....

What bike handels over all better? I have a 400ex and i absolutly love the handling.... Yamaha is know for their not so good handling bikes and honda is imfomus for their great handling bikes.

so which one handels better over all???

thanks....

cheetah
05-01-2005, 09:43 PM
They are both great handling quads and I think either choice you make you would be happy with. I think they yfz has a slightly lower center of gravity over the R. However, the yfzs are cramped for taller riders. The Rs just feel better to me as a taller person (6' 3"). I think this comes completely down to preference on how the bike fits to each person. My advice would be to try and ride both before making your deicision. When I first got on the R it felt to me like it was tippy. As I rode it I became more comfortable on it and now I wonder what I was thinking before. When I rode the yfz I felt like I could just yank the bars one way pegged out and it would spin before tipping. I say the R because it fits me better as a taller person, but both are great handling machines and it's up to you on which you think feels best.

Doak450r
05-01-2005, 11:42 PM
i think the front suspension on the 450r is better but in the rear the yfz has got it beat.

05-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by cheetah
They are both great handling quads and I think either choice you make you would be happy with. I think they yfz has a slightly lower center of gravity over the R. However, the yfzs are cramped for taller riders. The Rs just feel better to me as a taller person (6' 3"). I think this comes completely down to preference on how the bike fits to each person. My advice would be to try and ride both before making your deicision. When I first got on the R it felt to me like it was tippy. As I rode it I became more comfortable on it and now I wonder what I was thinking before. When I rode the yfz I felt like I could just yank the bars one way pegged out and it would spin before tipping. I say the R because it fits me better as a taller person, but both are great handling machines and it's up to you on which you think feels best.

I went with the R also, and im 6' 1'', i like it a lot better then the YFZ, i like the power better, and overall i like the whole bike better, plus the seat isnt a wood block like the YFZ :devil:

redrider9045
05-02-2005, 03:41 PM
honda

UtheMoFo
05-03-2005, 04:53 PM
hey thanks alot guys...i have ridden the honda but that was just at pimso beach so i couldnt really tell. i am not as tall as you guys 5' 8''. haha only 16. but i think you guys are right i should ride both first. thanks alot.

please more opinions!!!
thanks...

cheetah
05-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Doak450r
i think the front suspension on the 450r is better but in the rear the yfz has got it beat.

i'll agree with this too, but it's amazing what a little linkage can do.:devil:

mofo, ithink you hit the nail on the head. ride them both and see what fits your style.

Doak450r
05-04-2005, 05:59 PM
yeah what linkage would you consider running

05-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Honda Honda Honda :macho

05-04-2005, 06:05 PM

elka or herrmann

i run herrmann linkage, elka shocks

Kilabanshee
05-04-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm 6,3 and the 450r is perfect for me. The 450r feels alot more comfortable in the woods compared to the yfz. Like almost everyone else said the yfz is much more uncomfortable and doesn't seat tall riders very well. The yfz sits lower and this makes it feel more at home on the mx track out of the box. Remember there is nothing like Honda's reliability!

cheetah
05-04-2005, 06:50 PM

I run elka personally and have no complaints, but I have not ridden anything else to compare it to.

UtheMoFo
05-04-2005, 09:59 PM
thanks alot.... keep the replies coming...

thanks