PDA

View Full Version : Buried my quad!

sly400ex
09-13-2001, 03:40 PM
Over the weekend I buried my 400 in about 4 feet of water. I didn't hesitate to change the oil as soon as I got home, BUT, I ended up flushing the oil about 8X before the oil wasn't coming out milky. I didn't have my air box lid on (I have a pipe) so that was a mistake. So what do you folks generally do if you know you are going to be playing in some water? And what have you found to be the most effective flushing technique? thanks to all responses:D

trx400ex
09-13-2001, 05:18 PM
you cant keep it goin through 4 feet, well i do alot of water riding. obviously you need to put the lid on. also let it drain after every few passes, also the 400 is geared a little high for extreme water crossings, always be carefull and have a couple people ready to help in case something goes wrong

09-13-2001, 09:13 PM
buy a rubicon

sly400ex
09-14-2001, 07:39 AM
I know the machine isn't suppose to go in water like that, I'm not an avid water rider, and yes it did die in the water. The water was well over the fenders. At the time, I was just trying to get to a small mx track. Lesson learned.;)

09-14-2001, 07:56 AM
Me and my friends have done alot of water rideing. When there is a questinable section we get off and walk it. If we think we can make it, will try. But if it is two deep we will take two guy to one quad and walk them acoss. Holding them out of the water far enough so water can't get it. In the water the quads are a lot lighter. It's always gotten us were we want to go.:cool:

MOFO
09-14-2001, 10:28 AM
I keep my stocker lid with my quad. If I am going creek riding, I always put the stock lid back on.

Eric