PDA

View Full Version : land question

newyorkboy
05-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Iam looking into buying a house in the contry and would like to put a track on it.The track will be for just for my 10 year old son and I to practie on.I would like to know how many acres would be good for a track not to big and not to small.I know the more acres is better but the land is too much here so the less land I need the better.So I what iam trying to say is how many acres should I buy for a track.

400exrules
05-01-2005, 04:57 PM
my uncle has a 5 thousand acre deer camp......seems sufficient:devil:

Hondadudeehhhh
05-01-2005, 05:08 PM
i have 3 at my house and i dont really have a "track" but i have a few jumps. 5 acres would be nice but 6-10 would be perfect

05-01-2005, 05:19 PM
my track is one acre yet i still have a 70 foot table top on it so that should say soemthing

Butters
05-01-2005, 05:24 PM
yeah if you wanted a good track and still wanted to have a yard i would think 6.5 would be a good number.

quadryder
05-01-2005, 05:30 PM
as much as you can afford:D :p

bansheeguy77
05-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by quadryder
as much as you can afford:D :p

yep what he said. it all depends on what u can afford, and what you want to do with it. perhaps design a track you would like? then see how much you would need. an acre is big but it would have to be pretty tight if you want bigger stuff.

TheFontMaster
05-01-2005, 07:19 PM
There is an old track up the road from me thats on mabey 1 1/2 to 2 acres, it's pritty tight, with alot of turns, but they still managed to put a 40 foot table and a couple smaller doubles on it. For a 10 year old kid on a mini that would be perfect I think, But you would want more room for when he gets bigger.

And what's up with your name, its newyorkboy but you live in wisconsin?

newyorkboy
05-02-2005, 03:06 PM
And what's up with your name, its newyorkboy but you live in wisconsin? [/B][/QUOTE]

I was born and raised in new york but now I live in wisconsin.

Hondadudeehhhh
05-02-2005, 03:19 PM
just depends on where the house is sitting. If your house is fairly close to the road than you would be fine with 4 acres. but like everyone else said how ever much you can afford. The track would be sick if it was on 2 acres. And we all know you are saying its for your "son" but we know the truth. you're going to want to tear it up ;)

newyorkboy
05-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Ok I will be on it more then my son but I have to tell my wife it is for are son.

05-02-2005, 04:43 PM
what do you ride and what rideing style are you like do you race mx or do freestyle cuz if your a big time mx racer then you would want more property for more technical doubles and rthym sections but if your into freestyle as my self its great to have 4 or five hits but even if you had one or 2 jumps its enough.

newyorkboy
05-02-2005, 05:42 PM
what do you ride and what rideing style are you like do you race mx or do freestyle cuz if your a big time mx racer then you would want more property for more technical doubles and rthym

I race c-class and my son is in his first year of racing pee-wee.I have a z400 but iam going to move up to a 450 soon and my son has a lt80.He need a track so he can practie going over jumps because he like mx alot.I need a track because I hate coming in last all the time.Ok i dont come in last all the time sometimes people crash so i move up 1 or 2 spots from last.

DIRTtrackLEGEND
05-02-2005, 05:58 PM
buy as much as you can and design the track later

PEACE

DtL