PDA

View Full Version : 250x electrical problem

honda250xrider
05-01-2005, 07:39 AM
I have a 250x and whenever i go to fire it up it will start fine the first time i start it up. but whenever it starts up and gets a little warm and then i shut it off it will never start back up again intill about 20 minutes later. I have replaced the stator box and that did nothing to help. Im really not sure what it could be at this point.

thanks,
Lance

honda250xrider
05-01-2005, 03:54 PM
bump

dork
05-12-2005, 12:23 AM
what did you replace, the cdi box or the stator coils?

bradley300
05-12-2005, 07:06 AM
are you leaving your choke on?

i know, dumb question, but ive done stupid things like that before (kicked on my blaster for 10 minutes before i realized the key was still off,lmao)
and that would be a cheap fix

honda250xrider
05-12-2005, 08:46 AM
I have not replaced the cdi box yet but i have 3 others that i have tried switching on and off, also the same with the regulators, I have bought a brand new stator coil, and also the little black box that connects to the stator inside the sidecase. also i have replaced the coil for the spark plug and that did nothing to solve my problem. I have a cdi box on order from sparks and i'm waiting for that to come in and see how that goes. Well i finally got my lectron carb dialed in right and it seems to help out the motor quite a bit compared to the stock. I have had problems with this carb before but i am almost positive the carb is not the problem. The only other thing to replace electrical after the cdi arrives is the wiring harness which i cannot see that going bad but i guess it could happen.