PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on my 1st gncc

duke416ex
04-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Well I went to Loretta's today. Dange it was a muddy mess, I feel sory for everyone camping down by the creek. Decided to run 16-24 first year rider. Didn't get a good holeshot, but did manage to pass quite a few ppl before the first check in point, where I noticed my airbox(containing my battery had fallen). After that it was all down hill.
Everytime the bike died, or the air tube came disconnected, I had to take the seat off and mess with wires and put everything back so I could ride. Needless to say it took me 1 hour and 54 min. to make one lap, but I got it. So if anyone happened to see a guy on either side of the trail in the 1st race today on a red 400ex with his fenders off or if he helped you get unstuck, that was me! I figured I wasn't gonna win so I just tried to help ppl along the way. Hope someone appreciated it!
All the bad stuff gone, I did have fun even though I didn't do very good or get to actually race very long. I did get like 22 out of 30 or 31 b/c the rest dnf. I will be back though and I may try the ms summer camps too.
I hope everyone else had a good race and enjoyed the mud. Oh yea, to the woman on the yellow z400 I believe it was, you made the muddy look look pretty good. I watched you climb a creek bank too, very good riding. Looks like the guys might have to step it up, a girl was in like 5 overall in the first race and the ones I saw in the trail were gettin it!!

Pappy
04-30-2005, 08:18 PM
atleast you can say you did it!

that had to be one heck of a 1st gncc for ya:(

duke416ex
04-30-2005, 09:06 PM
I did keep my spirits up though and want to race some more. It did suck to end up not even being able to be competitive. I forgot to include that my brother ran the same class as me and placed 2nd. That helped a little, one b/c he is my bro and 2 b/c me and him have rode together for so long we have bout the same paces and it made me feel like if my bike had stayed together, if, that I would have had a much better finish, possibly top 5.

hardkoratvmxr
04-30-2005, 09:32 PM
congratulations duke. maybe sometime you want to go and practice on the motocross track with me in kentucky we will see who is fatser and hang out.i would love to see your cdal and your other rides. i will send you a pm. if you want to ride. or you could send me one.

duke416ex
04-30-2005, 09:43 PM
Yea just pm me sometime when you are gonna be on a track down here some where. I can tell you right now you will beat me on a motox track. I lost my nerve for big jumps a few years ago, but maybe I will get it back. I think balance moto x is racing next weekend. Come down if you can, posed to be an awesome track.

hardkoratvmxr
04-30-2005, 09:45 PM
i have to work all weekend due to mothers day and i usually just go and practice on sundays because i work fridays and saturdays. when i go to poole kentucky, or little sturgis i will pm you. i would like to go to ballence motox but i dont know when practices are. and i would prolly have to take off work.

bradley300
05-01-2005, 07:35 AM
if anyone got stuck coming out of the creek after the first checkpoint, that was me!

dirtriderex
05-01-2005, 02:09 PM
that was my first GNCC, I ran c-class(16-21). I managed to get 2nd place holeshot and stayed in my position until on the 3rd lap my rim just flew off:mad: . The nuts came loose, then to top it off I lost my wallet watching the pros. If anyone knows anything PM me!

jja125
05-01-2005, 03:09 PM
duke,

thats too bad about your airbox coming off. i'm sure you'll do better next time. that was my dad and i that were sitting talking to you guys on the side of the podium while they were doing the awards during the afternoon race.

duke416ex
05-02-2005, 07:24 AM
jja125,

Thanks for the encouragement. I don't know how many more gncc I will make it to this year, but if you run mid south I may see you there. Good luck the rest of the season!!

dirtrider

I think my bro saw you, he said he knew one guys wheel came off and I saw that someone broke an aarm, maybe we will have better luck next time.

dirtriderex
05-02-2005, 07:29 AM
Yeah, I rode my quad back hanging off the right side of the nerf bars.

quad_45
05-02-2005, 07:36 AM
That was an AWESOME race! One of my best finishes. I would have to say it was one of the most technical tracks, it was more of a rider ability than who has the biggest motor. There was not alot of places to pass, the hills were a slippery mess, the creek beds got deep in some spots and there where quads EVERYWHERE. For those who raced, I give you alot of credit, even if you didn't finish you should be proud to say you tried! :muscle:

jja125
05-02-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
that was my first GNCC, I ran c-class(16-21). I managed to get 2nd place holeshot and stayed in my position until on the 3rd lap my rim just flew off:mad: . The nuts came loose, then to top it off I lost my wallet watching the pros. If anyone knows anything PM me!

i was mad cause my rim flew off at the south carolina race cause my dad forgot to torque the lug nuts, but at least i didn't lose my wallet after the race. that sucks man. :(

smr
05-02-2005, 09:46 AM
That was my first GNCC...man I had a blast. I finished 9th in the 35+ C class.

dirtriderex
05-02-2005, 11:02 AM
Yeah I'm lucky I car pooled other wise I would have been out of luck for money. It was funny though b/c it was muddy but you did not sink into the mud

Meek
05-03-2005, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
if anyone got stuck coming out of the creek after the first checkpoint, that was me!

What is your story, spill it.

bradley300
05-03-2005, 10:47 AM
i shut it off and started pushing it out of a rut, and it hasnt run since. no to mention the guy pulling me in ripped my bumper off, damn hoseclamps. i knew they werent that strong, geuss i'm emailing PRM again:mad:

Meek
05-03-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
i shut it off and started pushing it out of a rut, and it hasnt run since. no to mention the guy pulling me in ripped my bumper off, damn hoseclamps. i knew they werent that strong, geuss i'm emailing PRM again:mad:

lol:eek2: lol

bradley300
05-03-2005, 10:59 PM
well the motor is fine, its has compression and feul, just not getting spark. i'll have it ready for the Penton

jja125
05-04-2005, 01:11 PM
hey bradley,

you're on a blaster right? my dad and i just went through some kind of mystery on my old blaster when we tried to get it running the other day, and it sounded like the same thing. there is some kind of electronic throttle cut off device that won't let it get spark if the throttle gets stuck wide open. i can't remember how he got it fixed though. i think you just had to pull the wire connection apart and then put it back together again, but not sure. i can ask him about it if you think this is your problem. i'm pretty sure there's something in the service manual about it, but i never knew it was on there.

bradley300
05-04-2005, 10:46 PM
thats the TORS, which i have had blocked off for a while, i'm almost positive its the cdi box

jja125
05-05-2005, 07:31 AM
TORS - yep, thats what i was talking about. i figured you already knew about it, but just checking. i had never had a problem with it before, but sadly enough our blaster was in such disrepair the air filter had fallen apart and a screwdriver actually vibrated out of the toolkit and down into the airbox, then vibrated into the carb intake and stuck the throttle wide open causing the TORS to shut it down. it took a while to figure that one out cause the screwdriver was black and you couldn't see it till he took the carb off. that blaster had been sitting in our barn for about 7 years. once the screwdriver was out it still runs perfect. they are tough little machines :D