PDA

View Full Version : has neone every done this before?

bigbadbrad
05-18-2002, 06:33 AM
i went on a ride and saw this guys 300ex i was looking to see if he had a pipe and he didn't but then i went to the back of the machine and saw that he had his baffle out. i said to myself i gotta try that when i got home. so i did . what i did was take out those 2 screws on the back and pulled the baffle out with some pliers. i reved it to see if was loader and was not that much louder so i went for a ride and when i just twisted the throtle(a have a twist throttle) just a bbit even with my weight forward some the front end came up a few inches. it felt like it got more horsepower and it did sound a lot better. has neone ever done this before? i am prety sure it did not loose the spark aresstor becuase there is no sparks coming out the back and the baffle did not ever have screen on it anywheres. thanks everyone:confused: :D

nakomis0
05-18-2002, 09:33 AM
I think guys do that alot.

Should just take a peek at your spark plug, to make sure your not running lean.

05-18-2002, 09:41 AM
Thast how i ran my 250x until i got my FMF.

05-19-2002, 11:09 AM
Hey what did all you guys do about the welds did you grind them out and also can you put the baffel back in? Thanx if you can put it back in i think im gonna do it.