PDA

View Full Version : burgard a arm bushing help

400nate
04-30-2005, 07:54 PM
just need some quick info......i got a set of burgard a arms...they where hard to install.....well once i got them on the bushings where they mount to the frame are so tight they hold the arms up....they bind..i'm looking into this tomorrow cuz i just bolted up my new elkas and they wont extend out.....i even tried the preload to over come this but all it did was mash down the upper two spring and made it ride like a rock and still not extend....funny thing is with my stock shosk the whole suspension worked fine it was just real soft i would bottom out.....
these shock were supposed to be set up for my weight...do u think they are wrong....n e way i plan on either removing these bushing and making spacers..or filling them down to fit....

Pappy
04-30-2005, 07:57 PM
i had the same problem a few days ago. i milled down the bushings and then everything was fine.

i also called burgard and gave him the info. he is checking the latest batch of bushings to see where the problem is.

400nate
04-30-2005, 08:00 PM
thanks this will help alot....it may be more batches i have had my arms for bout 2 months or so now....and just installed my new shocks today......so now i really noticed it..........thanx again

Pappy
04-30-2005, 08:09 PM
im not sure how long ago they switched from the harder compound back to the softer compound bushings. i liked the harder ones but had to shave everyone of them down.

gojk
04-30-2005, 08:18 PM
Mine needed quite a bit shaved off of them too. They really need a lot shaved off if you powdercoated the frame also.

400nate
04-30-2005, 08:19 PM
yeah i did powder coat the frame.....never thought of that guess i'll have alot of work to do tomorrow..after the races......thanx