PDA

View Full Version : took 2 nasaty spills today

YFZ450Ridr
04-30-2005, 07:02 PM
well, today me and my dad went riding. the weather was PERFECT, 60 out no rain or clouds. i go warm up, smoking the local hill billlies threw berms, shallow woops, and small jumps always fun.

me and my dad went off riding and decided to practice wheelies. i had an awesome wheelie going from 1st gear and i was up to 4th. now on my bike,250ex, 4th gear is completly balance, not enough power to keep it up that way. well i went to far back, didnt tap my break and i flipped. my dad and a few guys watching said i rolled with it a few times and it ended on top of me. i felt nothing for the first 20 miuntes, but then the pain settled in. my thigh is jacked up and my left hand/wrist is swollen to twice its normal size and if i move it, feels like its being hit with a hammer. but, i rode the rest of the day with it, sucking it up.

after about 3 hours, we cut back into the woods. even on my small bike and my dads warrior, we cook threw the woods,4th 5th gear kinda stuff. we took a little break infront of a small 40 foot hill with rocks here and there. by the time i hit 3rd gear and the middle of the hill, i had to dodge a few rocks. well i downshifted and hit a rock and my front tires came up and rode up a tree or something, and again my bike is on top of me. my dad got it off me and i stand up and my nuts hurt so bad. turns out, the bars ripped a hole in the crotch of my pants the size of a watermelon. after 3 minutes it was the worst pain i had EVER felt in my life. my crotch felt like it was on fire and on top of that i got racked by the falling handle bars of my 250.

i looked at my bike and both of the tie-rods are bent to no return. and my front wheels look like this / \

after all of this, we rode back to the truck and left. now i can barley move my body and i have my left hand wrapped up, which i cant move without some pain. sorry for the length, but my dad said the crashes looked pretty freaky and scared him chitless.

FasstMidnightZ
04-30-2005, 08:15 PM
suxs man, hope you get better man

Punk'd
04-30-2005, 10:13 PM
Man that sucks James.. Good thing I wasnt there to see. I hate when my friends wreck, scares the crap out of me and I dont know why. Kind of like the time I flipped on that hill.. that scared ya didnt it? lmao.. Hope you get better man! Get one of them rubber sacks you can put ice in for your dong haha!

Doak450r
04-30-2005, 10:41 PM
yeah i took a nasty spill today too i flipped over my bars and broke my colour bone i might have to get surgery on it yuesday.the bone broke and its seperated about an inch now hurts like hell.

BKex
04-30-2005, 11:15 PM
that sux, im pretty sure i just broke my hand about 30 min ago had the quad flip on me and pinned my hand undeneath the handlebars

trick450r
05-01-2005, 07:17 AM
how can you guys fall so much...i race and i have never fallen off a quad on 11 years....

sickmojave
05-01-2005, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by trick450r
how can you guys fall so much...i race and i have never fallen off a quad on 11 years....

Even the best crash. so if you never crash then you must ride like my mom ;)

blaster_rider68
05-01-2005, 09:04 AM
man that sucks..........sounds like you did alot of damage to the quad and yourself

DeerNuts
05-01-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by sickmojave
Even the best crash.

Damn rite they do. It doesnt matter how much experience you have, you are still suscecptible to crashing.

Do you think Evel Knieval was a chitty rider?? Hell no. Did he crash a lot? Hell yes he did.

YFZ450Ridr
05-01-2005, 11:04 AM

u just jynxed yourself for life:eek2: knock on wood.

but this morning i could barely get outa bed. both time i fell on my left hip and leg and i got a big bruse and hurts to walk. i condisder myself lucky for falling once in sand and the other time i missed all the rocks in the trail.

Disaster
05-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Doak450r
yeah i took a nasty spill today too i flipped over my bars and broke my colour bone i might have to get surgery on it yuesday.the bone broke and its seperated about an inch now hurts like hell.

And ur typing man thats gotta hurt.

2001300exguy
05-01-2005, 07:50 PM
i took a pretty bad spill today on a 40ft step up. went up it and got vertical somehow. landed on my grab bar pretty much and slid down the hill on my back. snapped my grab bar off and my pipe pretty much folded. the funny thing is my neighbor did the exact same thing on the same jump right before i jumped and i was riding behind him. i got some pretty bad road rash on my back though, but i still got lucky

Syrus
05-01-2005, 07:59 PM

Hey not flaming or anything but cmon, your no pro racer, and everyone bails one time or another. Your day will come, maybe u need to ride a bit faster :)

The way I look at it... If you dont wipe out, or not going dast enough :) Then again, i ride quick, everywhere, and i dont bail much either. Only time i find myself on a bail is going up hills downshifting and poppin it stright up backwards. or doing donughts and flipping.. ya thats happend :P

05-01-2005, 08:16 PM
this morning i had the wrst spill off my life!!...i piced up my bowl of cerial triped over my cat and spilled it every where man that sucked to clean up:eek2: nahh im just smartassen but ya im like the best rider in the world yet i still wreck all the time:blah:

YFZ450Ridr
05-01-2005, 08:24 PM
went to the Doc today and they confirmed my left hand is fractured(sp?). they said i was absolutely mad for finishing the day with it, for about 3-4 hours.

Doak450r
05-01-2005, 11:10 PM
Disaster quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Doak450r
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And ur typing man thats gotta hurt.

i broke the right side and pulled muscles in my neck so im just typing with my left hand not much to doo cant really do much.