PDA

View Full Version : dreads

Scott-300ex
04-30-2005, 03:30 PM
alright, anyone know how to make dreadlocks, on your hair ya know, cuz i've heard different ways

i heard don't wash or comb your hair for a long time

my one friend said wax or somethin, he don't know what he's talkin about, and you can't use shampoo, you have to use conditioner or it will fall out:rolleyes:

the one i think is right is

braid your hair and rub sand in it and stuff

so one of you guys or your friends had them im sure, or you know how to do it

IM THINKIN ABOUT GETTING THEM AND EVERYONE TELLS ME TOO CUZ THEY SAY I'LL LOOK AWSOME IN THEM, AND CHICKS TOLD ME THIS SO, YA KNOW, DREADS TA GET SOME ACTION;) LOL

PLEASE HELP

Honda4trax250x
04-30-2005, 03:33 PM
RASTAFORIAN!

Scott-300ex
04-30-2005, 04:04 PM
what the hell is that?

are you flamin me?

Mxjunkie
04-30-2005, 04:06 PM
Dreads is sorta like a braid but you use a dread wax etc, then you have the pernament dreads, then the ones who use dirty nasty hair lol, I'd rather have liberty spikes :ermm:

that or dirty nasty hair that or dont wash and you wad into dreads..

I've herd of the wax but it kinda looks like terds on your head lmfao..

Mxjunkie
04-30-2005, 04:10 PM
yep..

kamikaze_rzrbak
04-30-2005, 04:15 PM
step one: do lots of acid
step two: become part in a protest march for no known reason
step three:dont bathe
step four:become major hippie
you'll have dreds in no time
:p

Honda4trax250x
04-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
what the hell is that?

are you flamin me?

Nahh im not flaming you, just playing around.

A rastaforian is one of those Jamacian people who all they do is smoke weed and have dreadlocks and colorful hats.

trick450r
04-30-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
Nahh im not flaming you, just playing around.

A rastaforian is one of those Jamacian people who all they do is smoke weed and have dreadlocks and colorful hats.

acually rastafarian is a real religion and part of tha is smoking weed...in fact when a rastafari turns the ripe age of 8 years old they are given a 3x3 foot 2 inch thick "chunk" of WEED!!!...it is in the religion that they must smoke it all before death...which is very easy but im sure tha is the best religion EVER!!!

04-30-2005, 04:56 PM
just dont wash your hair.. OR, use your brain and www.google.com and search..

Btw do you wear patchuli? or whatever its called? because that **** STINKS!

Jesse

Scott-300ex
04-30-2005, 04:58 PM
can we stay on topic here

don't give me this, get high and be born 40 years ago anda you would have dreads right now

i went to www.knottyboy.com and read up on it, make it knotty and wax it and curl it together

you can also make them by braiding

kerby400ex
04-30-2005, 07:05 PM
LOL

TheFontMaster
04-30-2005, 07:39 PM
www.dreadheadhq.com I think thats the site, they seel kits there for derdlocks, comes with dread shampoo, wax, rubberbands, comb. One of my best friends is a hippi, if he's on aim latter I'll ask him for some other links, and any advice.

WKY400EX
04-30-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
acually rastafarian is a real religion and part of tha is smoking weed...in fact when a rastafari turns the ripe age of 8 years old they are given a 3x3 foot 2 inch thick "chunk" of WEED!!!...it is in the religion that they must smoke it all before death...which is very easy but im sure tha is the best religion EVER!!! Sorry to get off-topic, but WOW! That's a lot of pot!:eek2:

JTRtrx250r
04-30-2005, 09:55 PM
acually rastafarian is a real religion and part of tha is smoking weed...in fact when a rastafari turns the ripe age of 8 years old they are given a 3x3 foot 2 inch thick "chunk" of WEED!!!...it is in the religion that they must smoke it all before death...which is very easy but im sure tha is the best religion EVER!!! Hey... how do you know this?:D haha

I think real dreads are from not washing your hair for about a yr, I knew a dude w/ them(man did he stink!) he was advised to bathe for health reasons:rolleyes: after he did he kept getting sick. He ended up cutting off all his hair and his dreads were full of MOLD!:( :( :huh :rolleyes: :ermm: :uhoh:

dont get too carried away man...

xx3003xrdrxx
04-30-2005, 10:14 PM
why would you want dread locks ? they look like **** then youll havta shave your head, and youll smell bad ( and if your trying to get ***** that is a MAJOR TURNOFF ) and you sound young how young are you ?

n00b on a 400ex
04-30-2005, 10:32 PM
acually rastafarian is a real religion and part of tha is smoking weed...in fact when a rastafari turns the ripe age of 8 years old they are given a 3x3 foot 2 inch thick "chunk" of WEED!!!...it is in the religion that they must smoke it all before death...which is very easy but im sure tha is the best religion EVER!!!

lol, thats gotta be a few ounces at least :eek2:

JTRtrx250r
04-30-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by n00b on a 400ex
lol, thats gotta be a few ounces at least :eek2: more like LBS!... man, and at 8 yrs old, thats a damn shame to think about that, kids lungs havent even fully developed:huh

MichaelS693
04-30-2005, 11:31 PM
ok the way i know how to get dreads is like twist your finger in your hair alot.. you know like all the really preppy girls do when they chew their gum:D and wax does help cause it helps it grow together.. you really dont need to wash it cause it wont help it any... GOOD LUCK:)

Guy400
05-01-2005, 05:38 AM
They're called $h!tlocks because that's what you're going to smell like.

Scott, as a friend (in that internet sort of way), if you've got to change who you are to score chicks...you're going to be unhappy. It would be one thing to change your hair style on your own volition but it sounds like one girl made some comment to you and now you want dreads. The funny part is, as soon as you'd get that head full of $h!t she wouldn't give you the time of day. Hippie's only score hippie-chicks and they smell just as bad. If you're going to get dreads you better quit your job and join the traveling Grateful Dead road show.

trick450r
05-01-2005, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
Hey... how do you know this?:D haha

I think real dreads are from not washing your hair for about a yr, I knew a dude w/ them(man did he stink!) he was advised to bathe for health reasons:rolleyes: after he did he kept getting sick. He ended up cutting off all his hair and his dreads were full of MOLD!:( :( :huh :rolleyes: :ermm: :uhoh:

dont get too carried away man...

my friend is a rastafarian and on the weekends i help him achieve his religous duties by finishing its...I MEAN haha i just did a project on rastas and a research paper! i want to convert though lmao:chinese: :D

DeerNuts
05-01-2005, 07:07 AM
You'll be just like Ricky Williams (former Dolphins running back)

Isnt he a Rastafarian? Well, he's something like that I think.

Also, arent you white? I think if anyone should have them, it should be the africans. I dont intend to offend you or anyone for that matter, but how many white guys do you see in dreads??:ermm:

ShiftFMX
05-01-2005, 07:36 AM
Are you goin for this look?

robyone
05-01-2005, 07:52 AM
OK, first off.. you don't have to be a dirty hippie to have dreads. I 've grown 3 seperate sets of dreads through the years, and if done wright you can wash your hair just like everyone else after the first month of using dry shampoo. knotty boy is a good start, if your serious about having dreads I'd find someone who has done it before and knows what they are doing. bees wax and the proper knotting techinque is what you want to use to get them started. you can get the styling bees wax at sally beauty supply along with the wright shampoo. dreads can be a very functional hair style where you never have to use a comb or pay for a hair cut again. you just need to maintain your ends and stray loose hairs. and you might need a stick to fight off all the artsy type chicks that will be diggin on you...trust me ;)

blaster_rider68
05-01-2005, 09:15 AM
ya i have friends that have done it and you need bees wax,alot of it too..........when you use it tho try not to touch your hair cuz it makes your hands all greasy

Bush0102
05-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Personally, i think they're disgusting. You're going to have a hard time finding a good job, customers are going to avoid you, and you're going to be profiled by teachers and police- its just a fact of life. If you're willing to deal with that, go for it.

My senior year i sat next to a kid with dreads in art class. He was actually a really cool guy, he was even politically conservative which was a surprise...just wanted to look different i guess. He did them right, they actually looked healthy for dreads...if that's possible. But he washed them every day and he didnt smell or anything. He wound up shaving them off at the end of the year so he could get a summer job.

do what you want man, just be prepared to deal with the consequences.

robyone
05-01-2005, 12:18 PM
actually, the beeswax only stays greasy for a day 2 at best and I used the same jar for 2 sets. another thing I forgot to mention is the length of your hair needs to be about 3 or 4 inches longer than what you want your deads. the profiling point is true also, probably the main reason why I'm not rolling dreads anymore. it works both ways though, to some you'll be a complete freak and to others a fly dude, but if you like them and they make you feel good, then who cares what everyone else thinks.

Scott-300ex
05-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by xx3003xrdrxx
why would you want dread locks ? they look like **** then youll havta shave your head, and youll smell bad ( and if your trying to get ***** that is a MAJOR TURNOFF ) and you sound young how young are you ?

hey man im 35!!!!!

no, im 17, almost 18 though

dreads would be nice cuz then i wouldn't have to soak my hair every morning, and would be awsome for my metal concerts and head bangin

i like to be different too, all the kids in school like me and if i get dreads, they'll be like, holy crap, thats awsome

and its cool, once you have them, they will keep growing, you don't have to re-dread them

and with knottyboy you can wash your hair in a week

i've heard of mold, bugs, lice, and all that $hit gettin in them, just take care of them

and the girl didn't tell me to get them, i said "I might get dreadlocks later on" she and all the other chicks that know are like "Oh, that would be awsome, you would look HOT in dreadlocks" so im like "Uh, thanks"

what do you think about this guys

lead singer from shadows fall

his circle bangs are like 20 feet big, lol

he could kill somebody

JR3
05-01-2005, 08:02 PM
yea i saw shadows fall live his dreads are nuts

05-01-2005, 08:27 PM
GO FOR IT!! dont let some people that live 100000 miles away from you tell you what to do i live like 1 hour. from you (i dont know who you are or where you live but your around me kinda so thats all that matters) dude do what you want and dont care what people think...and why does it matter how old he is? im 13 and im swimming in p*ssy is this bad? haha nvm that question i dont want no flamers

Chino
05-01-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by 660r_freestyler
GO FOR IT!! dont let some people that live 100000 miles away from you tell you what to do i live like 1 hour. from you (i dont know who you are or where you live but your around me kinda so thats all that matters) dude do what you want and dont care what people think...and why does it matter how old he is? im 13 and im swimming in p*ssy is this bad? haha nvm that question i dont want no flamers

lmfao, i bet your knee deep in shi*

05-02-2005, 05:40 AM
LMFAO!!!

Scott-300ex
05-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by 660r_freestyler
LMFAO!!!

hey man, i live in waterloo, like 20 minutes from st. louis

where exactly do you live

and thanks for stickin up for me

and maybe i'll hook up with you and meet them chicks, lol

05-02-2005, 01:58 PM
im in wildwood..we should hook up at actim motocross some time or st. joe if thats what your into

Scott-300ex
05-02-2005, 07:54 PM
yeah, i don't know where that mx place is but i like goin to st. joe a lot

i got your AIM, that would be sweet to hook up

and i asked my hair stylist today and she said just round em up by twirling and then paste them
but that wouldn't hold, and they would just become loose, she said she never done em but she knows how so, who knows

i am finding out there are more than 2 ways to make dreads

ever see the guitarist from static-x? not the guy with his hair up, the other guy, his dreads are kick *** and he can do so many tricks with his guitar, flippin it around his back and so much more, he's awsome, i wanna meet that guy.......................and have him do my dreads for me:D

Scott-300ex
06-29-2005, 10:13 PM
ok, i plan on gettin dreadlocks this weekend

what kind of wax do i need that i can buy at wal-mart or whatever

so i'll deffinetly have some pictures for you guys, lol

oh and that guitar player, Tripp Eisler, he banged a minor in the back of his truck in like a wal-mart parking lot and got caught, went to jail, got out on $100,000 bail, then got caught again for another time he did that before that and is now in jail

so sucks for him

i mean, think of who he is, he's in static-x, he could get so much ***** every night of legal age, but he decided to do it that way, whatever

SGA
06-29-2005, 11:00 PM
Try it. If you dont like them you can always cut your hair.

Scott-300ex
06-29-2005, 11:27 PM
im definetly tryin it

i could take them out too

especially within the first few weeks

come on, nobody on here has or has had dreads?

not even your friends?

tell me what they did and show pics!!!!!!!!!!!

Rico
06-30-2005, 06:14 AM
Don't be a dirt bag, clean your hair or move to the jungle...:blah:

stevez400
06-30-2005, 07:09 AM
Dude dreads are sweet. To bad im a skin head so I dont have them. Beeze wax is the best for dreads. Theres this chick I kno who is really fine!!!! She has dreads that are about 3 feet long. Whenever her glass pipe breaks she puts them in the hair. She doesnt smell at all either. The only ones that smell there the ones that do it by not showering. Or those hippie tree loving freaks that dont shave their arm pits, legs or vagina!!