PDA

View Full Version : i need a diet...

WOracing
04-30-2005, 12:38 PM
i want to gain about 10 lbs so im about 150 lbs. im 5'9" and 140 right now and i just think im to skinny. everyone is always telling me i should eat more and get some "meat on my bones" so is there anything i can eat to make the weight stick. i already have a good workout routine so thats not a problem. i just need a diet that will help me gain weight. thanks

DeerNuts
04-30-2005, 12:44 PM
I don't know how old you are, but if you wait a decade or so I can almost guarantee you will be fatter than you want.

If that fails then just drink more beer.

250xridamatt
04-30-2005, 01:00 PM
Hit the weight room. I had absolutely no muscles. But im up 10 lbs now. I can only go twice a week though. I weighed 135 at the end of soccer season (late fall, almost winte). Im now 145 and have way more muscle definition than i used to.

04-30-2005, 01:13 PM
I acually gained alot of weight just by eating steak,vegtables, and lots of water. I also do alot of bike riding ever since i got my new mountain bike.

JJWB023
04-30-2005, 01:29 PM
if u want muscle and u never lifted weights before...just lift weights..u will get what we call noob gains

if uve lifted before..ull want to eat more calories that u burn..meaning eat food high in portein/low in carbs in fats

i just reread ur post and i see u have a good workout routine..all i can say is eat..alot

WOracing
04-30-2005, 01:35 PM
i know to eat alot but i dont want to eat the wrong foods:blah: or is there a wrong foo das long as im working out?

JJWB023
04-30-2005, 01:42 PM
stick to white meat/beef jerky/lean foods, lean is the best way to go .. mostly
theres nothing wrong with an occasional "cheat" meal..

just make sure you eat constantly ... remember not to over train you muscles or you wont make much progress...

6-8 small meals even if its the same thing over and over again is your target...make sure to take in a lot of protein

you should also look into creatine..if u need info on it lmk

bansheeguy77
04-30-2005, 02:24 PM
its easy to gain 10 lbs of junk.....chips, soda, candy. but eat alot of good foods to put on "lean fat" such as meats, vegis drink alot of water. have some protein shakes. just up your normal intake of good foods and continue to workout.

gun32boarder
04-30-2005, 02:31 PM
you can also try weight gainer protien all it is is a high calorie but it helps if you can not getting enough calories eating 6-8 meals. they will work but make shure you are working out while using it. creatine i wouldn't recomend when starting off, shure it helps you with streight but it gives you a false sence of weight gain since its is only water weight. that you will lose once you get off it

250-R-250
04-30-2005, 03:09 PM
Also with creatine you will dehydrate alot quicker and yes you may have an overall better strength but it wont last long...

250-R-250
04-30-2005, 03:10 PM
One of the best foods is this...Get you some V8 juice then a big pot fill her up half way then dump all of the meet and vegis you have into it then let it heat up on low for a hour...Then try that $#$^ You will love it i am eating it right now....!!! That stuff will get you some weight the first few times you eat it.