PDA

View Full Version : whats KFX faster than?

atom
04-30-2005, 11:47 AM
i just got back from the suzuki dealer and i can get a new 04 for 4800 or an 05 for 5200, they are the same machine right? any changes from 04 to 05? anyway, what is faster in a straight line? what quads will the zuki take? also is there anything that you guys hate or should change? any input would be great i am looking for a new quad, i just got rid of my 01 warrior and i want to stick with yamaha, but that zuki looks like an *** wooper:eek2:

AlbaKFX
04-30-2005, 07:14 PM
The upgrades from '04 to '05 are on the Kawasaki website. Bigger carb, rezzie shocks, cam change, some lighter weight parts, etc.

The Z/KFX can beat out pretty much any sport quad beside the 450's, and a selected few others. But they are faster than the 400ex, 250ex, blasters, stock for stock I think a short drag the KFX will beat a banshee because they cant grab. If they can, than nevermind that.

It's substantially faster than a warrior.

Quadman250R
05-01-2005, 05:49 AM
get the 05 it has many upgrades over the 04. Look in the stores for magazines of shootouts for the 400 class.I did read somewhere that the KFX at the total max speed topped out 2mph higher than the Z, but they didnt know why, but really that doesnt matter at all its pretty much a preference of color.

DeerNuts
05-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Quadman250R
I did read somewhere that the KFX at the total max speed topped out 2mph higher than the Z, but they didnt know why,

2 mph. is an acceptable margin of error. The machines are the same, at least the 04 models back, right?

Id agree, get the 05 over the 04. I know a guy who has the green version and says its quite a bit better for a little difference in price. Of course you get the rezzy shocks and different cam so thats nice.

z400roosteR
05-03-2005, 04:34 PM
was the frame strengthined in the 04 or the 05, and yea i read the same article in there it mentioned either 1) different shock settings or 2) it had 5 previous hours of break in where the others were fresh off the floor from my understanding

HiZ
05-04-2005, 10:59 AM
get the 05 you will be much happier with the motor, chasis, and suspension.
Hmmmm that is about everything that you will be happier with - then it may be worth $400!

Not sure what I just typed but it's worth the extra $$$