PDA

View Full Version : ? about a pipe

Xx300exX
05-17-2002, 09:53 PM
i got a 95 300ex and i want to pipe it. it is all stock right now. if i get a pipe should i get the whole system or just the slip on? does it give it more power if i get the whole system? im kind of running low on the cash flow right now but i want to know if i should just get the silencer or if it is worth getting the system?

05-17-2002, 10:11 PM
u wont see much if any gain with complete system on a stock motor. get the jet kit while ur at it...my .02

PDunes300ex
05-18-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by EXATAK
u wont see much if any gain with complete system on a stock motor. get the jet kit while ur at it...my .02

I have the powercore IV2 complete system (larger headpipe) on my stock engine and you can feel the difference. The larger headpipe increases mid and top-end while losing a little down low. I don't mind the loss in torque at all because the 300's first gear is almost useless at the dunes. Get a complete system...jets...aftermarket air filter...and put some holes in your airbox...you will notice a good difference from stock. Only problem is $$$.

nakomis0
05-18-2002, 11:40 AM
Dynos are showing about a 1 to maybe 2hp gain with a full exhaust over a slipon. (on stock motors) If the 250$ extra is worth 1hp thats up to you, or if you plan to mod the engine in the future.

PDunes300ex
05-18-2002, 08:00 PM
HP isn't always whats important...especially in a 300ex that will never be a stock rocket. The complete exhaust gives better throttle response...awider powerband...and if you do plan on motor work you will already have an exhaust that will work with it. The stock 300ex already has too much torque so why not get a larger headpipe which reduces back pressure and adds to the mid and top.

If i had to do it over again i would defianately still get the complete system....I think supertrapp makes a decent complete system for a reasonable price.

Just a thought though.

Rastus
05-18-2002, 09:42 PM
If your going to get an exhaust system, get a full system, because the stock headpipe is small. Sometimes its not about HP, but torque has to be there too.