PDA

View Full Version : High Temps

JForestZ34
04-30-2005, 09:46 AM
I've done a search and I don't think it really anwsered my question I have.

When I go for a ride, I could be riding for about an hour with light to medium riding. When I get back home I can barely touch anypart of the engine. I know it gets hot I don't know how hot. I saw a friend of mine wash his quad off after a ride. He started spraying it with water and the water boiled off the engine right away. Is that to hot or is that normal. IF the oil temp is at 230 or above if it were water it would boil, I understand that much, so maybe the engine is running at the right temp. Help would be great to understand this. I think mine is running just as hot, so I was looking for some scoops to maybe help this..

James

DiRTdiGGr660
04-30-2005, 10:55 AM
well your riding a air cooled bike..its going to run a little hotter then other quads for the simple fact it relys on air to cool it...only way a air-cooled motor will over heat is if your runnin 8k RPMs in 1st gear for 10 mins...but hopefully u dont do that...just keep ridin, im sure its fine

jak1389
04-30-2005, 11:00 AM
yea your fine. air scoops are good to have especially on an air-cooled quad. if your enigne gets too hot you can loose horses for that time period of over heating. with air scoops it will keep your quad cool, and you going fast;)

04-30-2005, 11:23 AM
if your quad over heats and you think you can cool it down rly fast with water DONT DO IT let it cool down on its self never wash your bike when its rly rly hot

yellow400ex05
04-30-2005, 11:33 AM
well I learned to never ever put cold water on a hot engine. If you do you could crack the block on your engine and then your screwed! If that happens your quad riding days are over for a long time unless you can afford to get it fixed,IF it is fixable!

2004exrider
05-01-2005, 07:56 PM
they run any where from 250-275 degrees, youll be fine