PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER new mini

dirtmomma
04-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Ok well we picked up a 03' Kasea Skyhawk 50 yesterday for the lil man since we are tired of trying to find mods for his LEM!!!! Anyway I think we got a decent deal pd $900 OTD heck it still has the plastic bags on the shocks LOL
It's way peppier than the LEM by far especially off the line!! Trev rode a few laps in the yard & it spit him off :eek2: guess he'll learn that he can't stab the throttle like his other one LOL, anyway then DJ gets on it & say "I wonder if it can do a wheelie w/ me on it" LMAO well it did dumped him right on his arse it was wayyyyy too funny!!

Ok so now the next ? is does Hetricks make mods for the 50's??? I tried to find a site but coudn't if someone could post it I would appreciate it!!! 1st thing we want to do is pipe it :D

I'll post some pics later think he's gonna go ride it for awhile to get some seat time on it!!

Pappy
04-30-2005, 09:45 AM
hetricks makes any mod you may like for the kasea 50, including a killer engine package.

good luck with your new racer!

fastmini
04-30-2005, 11:13 AM
Hetrick web site is Hetrickracing.com Have fun!

dirtmomma
04-30-2005, 08:17 PM
THANKS guys thats the answer I was looking for :D:D:D I'm sure we'll have fun w/ this!!

Arctic Cat Dad
05-01-2005, 06:41 AM
First of all hope the littleman enjoys his new mini! And your going to the right place for the mods. We have all hetrick mods on our mini and love them all.Michelle, Rich's wife knows everything there is to know about mini's and they are the nicest people you could ever deal with. Plus there service and getting the parts to you very fast is second to none! Great choice for go fast parts.Plus if you ever have any questions just give them a call no problem.

dirtmomma
05-01-2005, 08:44 AM
OK well we went on the site last night & OH MAN they have EVERYTHING we could possibly want LOL think we are goin to go w/ the power up kit w/ the pipe ect to start!! Our next thing is making it wider anyone have any suggestions? Can't afford a arms/axle for awhile so if anyone has any "secrets" pleas help a girl out LOL :)

Trev rode for awhile yesterday & did ALOT better it's a little tippy of course but he was getting it around the turns better & getting the throttle down better also the brake LOL, he got used to his foot brake now he's stompin his foot down then it kicks in & he grabs the hand brake LOL we are going to mod a foot brake on it, I seen where Hetricks sells that kit too :eek: mihgt check into that also. He was trying to pull wheelies on it by the end of riding :eek2: little turkey!!

Sooo if anyone has any suggestions LMK THANKS :D

QuadJunkies
05-01-2005, 09:39 PM
Congrats !!! :cool:

AtvMxRider
05-02-2005, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Arctic Cat Dad
First of all hope the littleman enjoys his new mini! And your going to the right place for the mods. We have all hetrick mods on our mini and love them all.Michelle, Rich's wife knows everything there is to know about mini's and they are the nicest people you could ever deal with. Plus there service and getting the parts to you very fast is second to none! Great choice for go fast parts.Plus if you ever have any questions just give them a call no problem.

Definetly make sure you talk with Michelle. If She doesn't answer ASK for her. Don't let anybody else other that Rich help you. Trust me:ermm: .

fishez3
05-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Hey Dirtmomma,

You need to call Hetrick and talk to them before you order anything. The quad you have is the "mini" 50 and I don't think most of those parts will fit on it. Our neighbor gave up and sold their's after they couldn't find a reliable way to widen the stance.

QuadJunkies
05-03-2005, 11:38 AM
If Hetricks doestn, try WRH, as you know, we have a mini 50 and he has alot of modifications for the lil ones so he may have one for the Kasea 50 also. :)

dirtmomma
05-03-2005, 04:59 PM
fishez3 YEP your right we got the wrong dang quad :o :o BUT thats ok cuz w have a couple people looking for starter quads so i don't see a problem getting rid of it!! God do I feel stupid!!!

So NOW we are on the hunt for a Kasea Skyhawk 50(same chasis as the 90):D We'll get it right yet LOL

fishez3
05-04-2005, 03:30 PM
Just didn't want you to go ordering a bunch of parts off the internet, only to find that they don't/won't fit.

The Kasea "fullsized" 50 is a nice quad and I'm sure you will like it and it's upgradablity.

dirtmomma
05-04-2005, 07:01 PM
WEll we should be getting the NEW one next week :) getting it from Oregon will p/u in seattle so it's all GOOD & he's getting RED like he wanted :blah: LOL we will be assembling it ourselves also! At least we KNOW that all the nuts bolts cotter pins are all good & tight!!

I'll post pics once we get it done!

foleyit
05-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Dirtmomma,

I guess if you will be assembling it yourself you pretty much will be getting an 05 model. Keep in mind that the 05 model has a different frame design, and they made some performance enhancements to the quad. I have '04 model, but it is more like an early '05 model. I guess I got lucky. Especially, because we are running in the stock 50cc class.

If you purchase aftermarket rims for the quad to make sure that the front rims are notched to fit over the front brake drums. Also, try and get the front spindle reinforced as they are weak and will bend.

Congrats on your new Skyhawk 50 purchase.