PDA

View Full Version : HMF jetting

redexrider4290
04-30-2005, 06:40 AM
i just got my HMF full system for 03 250ex and i remember the guy asking me if i wanted the jetitng i told him i did so when i got it i was expecting a jet kit but all there is one jet it sais 125 on the side and i was wandering if anyone knew if this was the right size jet or not and if not wat size do they use.
o yeah i live in PA if that matters

RiderTRX400ex
04-30-2005, 11:23 AM
they jet he gave u is the main jet.. if he provided you with it.. it should be pretty close to the right jet, and it should be bigger than stock which is what you want. do u know where the main jet is?

redexrider4290
05-02-2005, 11:46 AM
i know where the jet he gave me is but i dont know where the main jet is on the carborator nor do i know how to change it is it hard and wat tools would i need
if someone could give me the step by step process that would help alot

bwamos
05-02-2005, 01:15 PM
The main jet is in the bottom of the carb.

If you look on the very bottom of the carb there will be a flat-tipped inset screw. This will be your air bypass screw for idle jetting. With more airflow you'll probably need to go 1/2 turn in(clockwise) from the stock position to make it a little richer since your running aftermarket pipe and K&N filter.

Best way to check.. is to start it and let it warm up. Choke all the way off. Now slowly turn the choke on a little at a time (in idle). If the engine starts to speed up a little then you need to make the adjustment. If it doesn't then you should be fine.

Also in the Very bottom of the Carb will be a Cap with a 12mm hex head on it. Unscrews counter-clockwise. Under it is where the Main Jet goes. If it's a standard Honda type.. it should use a 6mm socket to remove. Just use a 6mm (I think, I have a short memory) socket driver (screwdriver handle type) so you dont overtighten it putting the new one in.

redexrider4290
05-02-2005, 05:16 PM
im not runing a K&N?

and when you say look at the bottom of the carb does that meen while it is still atached and everything. Do i have to take my carb off to do this stuff. and do i have to adjust the twist screw?

Still aint sure about all this:confused:

srry i know this must get old to you guys that know how to do this but im still not sure about all this im only 15 and have never done any major mechanic stuff on my quad and i dont want to mess anything up