PDA

View Full Version : Sparks big core?

Ridin' Jesse
04-29-2005, 10:19 PM
any1 have this? how much louder does it make it?..pics would be nice too ^^

R3Concepts
04-29-2005, 10:38 PM
We have one.. Its louder then the standard core, by quite a bit.. You cant really see anything from the pics. Big difference though.

honduh440
04-30-2005, 12:39 AM
yeah its bad ***

its a lot louder but it doesnt sound like crap like most shorty pipes that are loud as hell

Ridin' Jesse
04-30-2005, 09:29 AM
i know the reg sparks is around 106...how many dB you think the big core is?

04-30-2005, 08:46 PM
i have it, it owns, its around 110-112 id say, but its a really nice sound, they have a quiet core comming out soon

FAST 450R#1
05-02-2005, 08:47 PM
How much is the big core kit im thinkin about geting one

mikes450r
05-02-2005, 10:03 PM
sparks http://www.trx450r.org/forum/uploads/post-696-1105671696.gif

YA RIGHT

mikes450r
05-02-2005, 10:05 PM
only thing sparks is good for is thinning out your pocket ..dont understand why everyone pays double for his products that you can buy for half the price at honda..

R3Concepts
05-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Just the insert to convert your pipe is 85 bucks.

mikes450r- we got our big core for 400 bucks, but if you seem to know where you can get one for 250, we are there, and we'll take 10 of them..and id be supporting a local business if I were you since Sparks is by you..and by the way Sparks is only the best 4 stroke engine builder in the nation, so people will keep thinning out there pockets.

Doak450r
05-03-2005, 01:14 AM
i think he was trying to say if you look around a little bit and do a little research you can find a better pipe and better people to build your engine and do it at an affordable price. im trying to sell my sparks pipe right now with the standard core for $375 only a month old if interested andone can buy it. i just think its too loud.

honduh440
05-03-2005, 10:22 AM
if you can find a pipe equal to the big core for somewhere in the 200 dollar range i will bow down to you

450ex
05-03-2005, 12:10 PM
i dont think mike was talking about the sparks pipe in general
just sparks products

every one knows he uses crf450 cams and ignitions and puts his name on them

Ridin' Jesse
05-03-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by mikes450r
sparks http://www.trx450r.org/forum/uploads/post-696-1105671696.gif

YA RIGHT

dont flame sparks..i dont give a damn what you think...go bash somewhere else kid

05-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Ridin' Jesse
dont flame sparks..i dont give a damn what you think...go bash somewhere else kid

ya i agree, sparks is awsome :macho

kahuna4
05-03-2005, 08:36 PM
mike what produces do you run. y do you dislike sparks so much

05-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by kahuna4
mike what produces do you run. y do you dislike sparks so much

he runs cobra full exhaust, no airfilter or airbox, carb only, and 4 tires that dont hold air mounted on bent stock rims :macho :blah:

chris450R
05-03-2005, 08:56 PM
yeah i am confused at why you want to down sparks. john natalie is running a sparks motor and exhaust(standard at that). so that should tell you something about curtis sparks, he is the man!

also i couldn't be happier with my sparks pipe! i absolutely love the sound! and the fit and finish is great. power increase was also very nice. i haven't had any problem getting the holeshot. i all i have is sparks pipe, jetted, and mod my lid alittle(not like HRC lid), and stock cam, not the HRC cam either.

chris

honduh440
05-03-2005, 09:55 PM
if you look close natalies sparks pipe is a hell of a lot different then the rest of teh worlds sparks pipes

benwa450r
05-05-2005, 05:55 AM
Sparks sells performance parts and services like alot of other people. He doesn't twist anyones arm to buy his stuff. If you don't like Sparks, don't flame him, buy elsewhere.

If you have something good to say, pass it on, if not, shut your pie-hole:eek: :eek: :eek:

TRXDresh
05-05-2005, 10:39 PM
Sparks does not offer new technology to the public. Look at the header pipe on the Pro bikes, then look at yours. They are veery different. If you want good stuff, go to Rossier Engineering. He will give you pro caliber products.

mikes450r
05-06-2005, 02:53 PM
first off i was referring to sparks cam,ingniton,and carb..that he trys to sell for double..also you all talk about getting some great motor work from him...have any of you tried to get something done by him...If you have then you realize he hasnt been taking motors for almost 8 months now...unless your a pro class racer or in his inner circle..

as for his pipe there are way better pipes that make better power and arent near as loud....everyone running around saying how much you like your loud pipe and how cool it is and then wonder why all our riding grounds are getting shut down every day..

and to the person that said i should support my local shop..well thats BS..the only person down there thats doesnt have their head up there *** is jeff...

and for the guy that said somthing about john natalie running a sparks engine...do you really think it would matter what pro builder was building his motors...natalie is a stud and will take what ever motor he can get for free..

05-06-2005, 04:57 PM
first off i was referring to sparks cam,ingniton,and carb..that he trys to sell for double..also you all talk about getting some great motor work from him...have any of you tried to get something done by him...If you have then you realize he hasnt been taking motors for almost 8 months now...unless your a pro class racer or in his inner circle..

as for his pipe there are way better pipes that make better power and arent near as loud....everyone running around saying how much you like your loud pipe and how cool it is and then wonder why all our riding grounds are getting shut down every day..

and to the person that said i should support my local shop..well thats BS..the only person down there thats doesnt have their head up there *** is jeff...

and for the guy that said somthing about john natalie running a sparks engine...do you really think it would matter what pro builder was building his motors...natalie is a stud and will take what ever motor he can get for free..

1: the carb, he sells is a FCR carb that will hook up to the 450R with the conversion kit

2: he clearly mentions what the ignition kit is composed of

3: the cam is what he selected to be ran with his engine components

4: he takes so long because his work is exact, prescise, and great, ive sent things to him that i had back the same week id sent them out, so i dont wanna hear it about that

5: ya there are quieter pipes, better? i wouldnt quite say so, rossier's pipe is making the same hp as the sparks big core, once you mod the bikes out, the sparks makes a small amount more then the rossier, but yes the rossier is a great pipe, and who cares about DB levels, if you dont want your park shut down, then petition a db limit and check it, and stand by it, thats not his problem

6: are you reffering to sparks when you say head up their ***? if so, i have no idea what your talking about, all the people at sparks are very informed and educated, and im sure know a lot more then you or i do

7: as for natalie, your right in a way, he will take what he gets for free, but at that level, he can get almost whatever he wants for free, he chooses the best, say sparks was throwing u a free motor, so was lrd, they both payed you the same amount etc, you would pick the better one, not just pick them at random, people use sparks because hes a great builder, and almost no one around can touch him, thats y he has won engine builder of the year, and the 4 stroke drags so many times

mikes450r
05-06-2005, 10:19 PM
1. yes he sells the fcr for twice as much as honda..

2. his ignition is what 800 bucks...i can get the same thing from trail tech with my lights done for under 600

3. the crf cam he was selling for over 200 bucks...check how much honda had for that..and also he was telling no one it was a stock crf cam...he acted like it was his own grind..

4. you may be able to get stuff from him...but an avg person that does not know him will not have the same turn around time..like i said above only the inner cirlce or pros will get there stuff in a good turn around time..

5. as for the db limits it wont be long before he might have to put some r&d into his products that are his..db limits are coming down every year...

6. im referring to them being to damn good for anyone..(except jeff)

7. as for engine builder of the year...who even voted for this...im not even sure if they still have something like that..

honda350r
05-06-2005, 10:33 PM
What or who's parts do you buy .. ? Why are you pissed at Curt ?

mikes450r
05-06-2005, 10:40 PM
Its not that im pissed at him i just dont recommend him or his products to anyone...i dont run a bussiness by ripping people off by selling oem parts at double the cost and using my name to con people to buy it thinking there getting some special from him..

do you not mind doing this?

R3Concepts
05-06-2005, 10:43 PM
The CRF carb that servicehonda sells and the 41 FCR that Sparks sells are NOT the same. Turn around time being high should speak for itself in the fact that he's backed up, meaning a lot of people want his products. Go to the 4 Stroke Wars and line up against one of the Sparks house bikes..even though they didnt win this year, they owned in the past. And will have a presence this year as well. Jeff and Scott are pretty much the only ones you get to talk to when you call Sparks, and both are nice and dont give you the run around. DB limits have been taken care of, he offers an insert.

mikes450r
05-06-2005, 10:52 PM
yes he has an insert but what kind of power is the pipe making with it in there...bet its no where close as with out it...as for the different carbs can you tell me a big difference between the two carbs...to make up for double the cost.

kahuna4
05-07-2005, 12:19 AM
Mike in the future get your fax right. Sparks cam 215.95
Factory Honda crf cam 199.94
Sparks ignition 799.00
Factory Honda 801.21
Sparks CRF carb 699.95
Factory Honda 553.38
CRF carb and ignition are not a direct bolt. All prices from planet honda online so go pull your head out of your *** and check 4 your self.

R3Concepts
05-07-2005, 12:29 AM
WHAT?!?!?

Um, no.
CRF 02 cam-165 Service Honda
03 CRF carb- 352 S.H., Noss adapter-65
Trail Tech CRF ign.-635 with fan and light capable stator

You need to get your facts straight, mike was a lot closer even though I dont agree with his points.

devil6
05-07-2005, 12:31 AM
Does anyone have a dyno sheet, a real dyno sheet of the same bike same day etc with the rossier and the sparks big core showing close to the same HP? If so i would love to see it. I clearly remember the sparks pipe gettin it's *** handed to itself by everything else in the field. But that wasnt the big core and the comment i kept seeing after the shootout was that the bigcore is suppost to make more hp, therefore theoretically would have won the shootout. Who does vote on the engine builder of the year award i keep seeing quoted whenever sparks is mentioned? I know i didn't vote, nod did anyone i know. All i'm seeing here is a bunch of guys sticking up for the mfg they perfer to buy stuff from. That's fine and dandy but quit crucifying the guys who don't care for sparks products or his business practices.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but i'm not seeing that here.

mikes450r
05-07-2005, 01:12 AM
Mike in the future get your fax right. Sparks cam 215.95
Factory Honda crf cam 199.94
Sparks ignition 799.00
Factory Honda 801.21
Sparks CRF carb 699.95
Factory Honda 553.38
CRF carb and ignition are not a direct bolt. All prices from planet honda online so go pull your head out of your *** and check 4 your self.

ya sorry kahuna but your not very close there...

guys i live in the same town as sparks and have done alot of bussiness with them and over time i have really started to not like the way they do bussiness..I know alot of people here in bakersfield are starting to figure that out...everytime i talk to some here they tell me the same thing..seems like everyone had sparks stuff and now they wont use a sparks filter at the least..

I also know alot of guys that have had the exhaust on here and no longer own the sparks..maybe for you guys out of town its alittle easier doing bussiness with but when it comes to alot of people here in bakersfield we are chosing to spend out money else where..

mike

benwa450r
05-07-2005, 06:41 AM
Everyone should be happy all of these companies are making... or modifying products to sell. I like Sparks... but it is my choice who to buy from. If there weren't companies likes Sparks... and many others, you would have one or two companies to buy products from. More competition means better... and more products to choose from.

All of these guys support the sport... sponser riders in some way. It can only make the sport better to me.:)

mikes450r
05-07-2005, 08:38 AM
hey benwa one more thing about sparks bussiness...im just wondering what you thought about that 13:8:1 piston thats really just a 13:5:1??Im not sure if there really 8's now but i know when he said he first had them they were really the 5's.

Ridin' Jesse
05-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by benwa450r
but it is my choice who to buy from.

EXACTLY

R3Concepts
05-07-2005, 09:06 AM
The other .3 comes from the CRF head and base gasket that your suppose to use with that piston.

mikes450r
05-07-2005, 09:19 AM
yes but when you buy the piston he does not give you the gaskets...he does not even mention them...i have a riding partner that has that piston...walked in there, bought it and they didnt say one thing about it..

kahuna4
05-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Mike my prices are right on check 4 your self planet honda racing.com.
I too live in bakersfield,
at pismo it`s 5to 1 sparks produces on 4 strokes bikes.
I understand you dislike curtis thats fine just dont emply he`s a
thief if you dont like his produces dont buy them.
Back to my first ? what produces do you run and like.

Bad Habit
05-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by R3Concepts426ex
The other .3 comes from the CRF head and base gasket that your suppose to use with that piston.
Are you positive on this? Cometic told me that the TRX and CRF head gaskets are not interchangeable.

Bad Habit
05-07-2005, 11:20 AM

Try ServiceHonda.com

kahuna4
05-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Bad Habit ive never heard of servicehonda butt i will check.
Besides the honda crf carb is 40mm and crutis sales a 41mm
so mike needs to compare apples to apples.

cals400ex
05-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Bad Habit
Are you positive on this? Cometic told me that the TRX and CRF head gaskets are not interchangeable.

from what i read they aren't interchangable. i know they are for the 400ex and the xr400 but don't think that works on the 450's. i believe the head designs are different on these two.

mikes450r
05-07-2005, 04:42 PM
I too live in bakersfield,
at pismo it`s 5to 1 sparks produces on 4 strokes bikes.
I understand you dislike curtis thats fine just dont emply he`s a
thief if you dont like his produces dont buy them.
Back to my first ? what produces do you run and like.

first off your going by a factory ignition...nobody wants the factory...im talking about a crf igntion and trail tech flywheel..inwhich is cheaper with the lights than his..and theres noway in hell the crf carb is 500 bucks....you can get them for 300-340...and you say compare apples to apples...can you tell me one thing that makes a difference in the 40mm and the 41mm...or at least a 300 dollar difference..

and your 5 to 1 at pismo just means theres alot of people out there that think they are making top power with the x6 and arnt..hell i use to be one of them..

mikes450r
05-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Bad Habit

your right i forgot all about that..they dont match up either..good looken out..:p

kahuna4
05-07-2005, 05:32 PM
Hey mike tell me were i can buy a crf carb 4 300 to 340 dollars i well buy 10 of them

kahuna4
05-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Mike first off your words [only thing sparks is good for is thinning out your pocket idont understand why every one pays double for his produce that you can buy for half that price at honda]
Trail tech crf igntion with lights 735.00 get your prices right

see ya the beach later

kahuna4
05-07-2005, 06:31 PM
I was wrong trail tech no lights 535
with lights 714.00
I stand corrected

see ya at the beach later

mikes450r
05-07-2005, 07:40 PM
I was wrong trail tech no lights 535
with lights 714.00
I stand corrected

see ya at the beach later

i did say that with the lights it was cheaper...535 for no lights compared to sparks 799..still alittle much...And as for the carb, if you want 10 of them give me a call..I will still sell you the carbs and others parts..;)

and i will be at pismo in 2 weeks...and at mesa next weekend..maybe we will run alittle:D ...get some of this test out of us..:p

R3Concepts
05-07-2005, 07:47 PM
I stand corrected on the gaskets, for some reason I thought they were interchangeable, and thats where the other .3 comes from, not that it matters that much compression.

mikes450r
05-07-2005, 07:49 PM
I stand corrected on the gaskets, for some reason I thought they were interchangeable, and thats where the other .3 comes from, not that it matters that much compression.

ya its no big deal...i just dont understand why he would say they are a 13:8:1 and not be...You know whay i mean

R3Concepts
05-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Oh well 13.5 JE 2 ringer.

benwa450r
05-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Okay.... 13.5:1 2-ringer is awesome. i also installed Trailtech -4 oz. flywheel at the same time. It revs quick. I find myself winding out 5th gear on MX track where I used to stay in 4th. It is an awesome combination.

I also heard that it's a 13.8:1 with CRF head gasket. Didn't know about it when I put it up so I don't know if they're interchangeable. I'll find out at the end of summer when I pull the head to check things out. I'll get a CRF head gasket and see if it will work. To me, they should be the same.

05-07-2005, 09:25 PM
1. yes he sells the fcr for twice as much as honda..

2. his ignition is what 800 bucks...i can get the same thing from trail tech with my lights done for under 600

3. the crf cam he was selling for over 200 bucks...check how much honda had for that..and also he was telling no one it was a stock crf cam...he acted like it was his own grind..

4. you may be able to get stuff from him...but an avg person that does not know him will not have the same turn around time..like i said above only the inner cirlce or pros will get there stuff in a good turn around time..

5. as for the db limits it wont be long before he might have to put some r&d into his products that are his..db limits are coming down every year...

6. im referring to them being to damn good for anyone..(except jeff)

7. as for engine builder of the year...who even voted for this...im not even sure if they still have something like that..

wow you have no idea what your talking about, honda doesnt sell a FCR lmao, they run 42mm pumper carbs, not FCR's like the yami, and no you cant get the same thing through trail tech, the crf ignition is way different, and the $800 is including installation, it is his own grind, he changed it soooo slightly that it would work the exact same, you cant resell honda parts, they are all copyrighted, he has a big core comming out for his pipe

R3Concepts
05-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Sparks has a big core coming out for his pipe?:rolleyes: Welcome to the thread. LOL

mikes450r
05-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
wow you have no idea what your talking about, honda doesnt sell a FCR lmao, they run 42mm pumper carbs, not FCR's like the yami, and no you cant get the same thing through trail tech, the crf ignition is way different, and the $800 is including installation, it is his own grind, he changed it soooo slightly that it would work the exact same, you cant resell honda parts, they are all copyrighted, he has a big core comming out for his pipe

ok so what carb is on the crf 450..:confused:

2nd trail tech does use the crf ignition..:confused:

and he changed the cam...what did he do carve his name in it..

he already has the big core out for his pipe..

and 800 is not installed...are you kidding me...it says the price for the ignition is 799...you think those prices on there are installed..dont think so bud..

05-07-2005, 10:29 PM
ok so what carb is on the crf 450..:confused:

2nd trail tech does use the crf ignition..:confused:

and he changed the cam...what did he do carve his name in it..

he already has the big core out for his pipe..

and 800 is not installed...are you kidding me...it says the price for the ignition is 799...you think those prices on there are installed..dont think so bud..

crf450=FCR carb, which does not fit the 450r, you need the conversion kit, thats y sparks sells it for that price, maybe you were unaware of that, which not many people know

trail tech does not use the crf ignition the crf ignition setup is not even close to what trail tech offers

maybe he did carve his name in the cam, i dont really know

and no duh he has the big core out :huh

$799 even if it isnt installed, so what, you tell me where you can get THE CRF IGNITION cheaper, cuz trail tech does not offer the crf ignition, a trail tech rep is on exriders, and they will tell you the same thing

R3Concepts
05-07-2005, 10:37 PM
My lord..bad info..dont post anymore.

The CRF carb fits the 450R with an adapter, Noss or Baldwin, both are 65. NO conversion kit is needed so thats 415 for the whole carb and everything needed.

Trail Tech USES the CRF ignition, they use the 14oz,17oz, or 20 oz flywheel and rewind the stock CRF stator for the light out put. trailtech member will tell you that they DO use the CRF ignition, do a search on it.

Please, no more posts.

05-07-2005, 10:40 PM
My lord..bad info..dont post anymore.

The CRF carb fits the 450R with an adapter, Noss or Baldwin, both are 65. NO conversion kit is needed so thats 415 for the whole carb and everything needed.

Trail Tech USES the CRF ignition, they use the 14oz,17oz, or 20 oz flywheel and rewind the stock CRF stator for the light out put. trailtech member will tell you that they DO use the CRF ignition, do a search on it.

Please, no more posts.

you dont have to have noss or baldwin only, a lot of people make them, sparks sells his carb with everything needed for install, and prejetted

i dont recalled trail tech using the CRF ignition, if i remember right they dont have as light of a flywheel or something, all i know is the TT kit and the CRF kit are different some how, a TT rep was on here advertising for the ignition and he said something was different, i just dont recall what

R3Concepts
05-07-2005, 10:47 PM
We are Sparks all the way, but when you can get a 40mm CRF carb for 350 from SH then the Noss adapter for 65, your saving a whole lot of money. Your not going to see any dyno #s with the 40 or the 41 so why not save a little money, all the FCR is, is throttle response.

05-07-2005, 10:49 PM
We are Sparks all the way, but when you can get a 40mm CRF carb for 350 from SH then the Noss adapter for 65, your saving a whole lot of money. Your not going to see any dyno #s with the 40 or the 41 so why not save a little money, all the FCR is, is throttle response.

yep, when chad put it on his bike his HP numbers only went up by like .1 if even that, he said it made no differance at all, but said its definantly worth it for the response

05-07-2005, 10:50 PM
i get all my carb stuff through sudco, they are definantly the best when it comes to mechanical parts, cheap 2 :macho

mikes450r
05-07-2005, 11:34 PM
wow..:eek2:

im sure glad concept know whats going on around here..
and yes concept is right trail tech does use the crf ingition and they have all different flywheels to choose from..

here ya go honda racer...i figure you may be able to read this from trail techs web site.. :eek:

http://www.trailtech.net/trx_conversion.htm

HUNTSALOT
05-08-2005, 12:07 AM
I know a guy that has and still does work at the local Honda center here in Bakersfield. And this guy told me that curtis has forever been buying the cams from them used to be the crf cam this guy told me its now the HRC cam. P.S. our Honda center does not carry any curtis parts.

Ridin' Jesse
05-08-2005, 09:35 AM
omg lol everyone needs to shut up about the other stuff...this thread was made for me to find out info about the SPARKS BIG CORE i dont give a damn about all this other stuff

mikes450r
05-08-2005, 09:37 AM
http://www.trx450r.org/forum/uploads/post-696-1105671221.gif

Ridin' Jesse
05-08-2005, 09:39 AM
lol mike your a real ******* you know that? shut the **** up

mikes450r
05-08-2005, 09:41 AM
bad mike
http://www.trx450r.org/forum/uploads/post-696-1105671157.gif

dont get heartbroken here..im just messing with ya..

05-08-2005, 04:31 PM
wow..:eek2:

im sure glad concept know whats going on around here..
and yes concept is right trail tech does use the crf ingition and they have all different flywheels to choose from..

here ya go honda racer...i figure you may be able to read this from trail techs web site.. :eek:

http://www.trailtech.net/trx_conversion.htm

if you hadnt noticed, he was talking to you when he said no more posts :huh

my info is correct, yours is wrong, you thought the FCR would bolt right up, and my info about the TT ignition was from a rep, maybe the rep was wrong, or maybe they have released a new thing, i dont really kno, being that im not gonna buy an ignition

mikes450r
05-08-2005, 04:36 PM
if you hadnt noticed, he was talking to you when he said no more posts :huh

my info is correct, yours is wrong, you thought the FCR would bolt right up, and my info about the TT ignition was from a rep, maybe the rep was wrong, or maybe they have released a new thing, i dont really kno, being that im not gonna buy an ignition

actually i never said it would bolt right up. I know you need the adapter and its still a couple hundred cheaper than sparks..Maybe you should reread what ever it was but trail tech uses the crf ingition..

you seem to be getting madder and madder are you upset that your getting ripped by sparky..lol

05-08-2005, 04:38 PM
actually i never said it would bolt right up. I know you need the adapter and its still a couple hundred cheaper than sparks..Maybe you should reread what ever it was but trail tech uses the crf ingition..

you seem to be getting madder and madder are you upset that your getting ripped by sparky..lol

im not getting ripped by sparks, i dont pay retail, my sponsors help me out a lot, ya it may be cheaper then the sparks which im sure it is

mikes450r
05-08-2005, 04:41 PM
im not getting ripped by sparks, i dont pay retail, my sponsors help me out a lot, ya it may be cheaper then the sparks which im sure it is

well i guess i would argue for sparks to if i was getting his stuff for free...thats cool

05-08-2005, 04:42 PM
well i guess i would argue for sparks to if i was getting his stuff for free...thats cool

never said i got it free lol

R3Concepts
05-08-2005, 04:44 PM
It was directed at you not mikes450r. We dont usually flame, but youre a little off on most of this info.

05-08-2005, 04:47 PM
It was directed at you not mikes450r. We dont usually flame, but youre a little off on most of this info.

well thats interesting, being that all of my info is correct but the TT info, which i wasnt aware they released a CRF model, because according to their rep it was not available :confused: