PDA

View Full Version : HRC Cam

plkmonster2
04-29-2005, 09:44 PM
Hey guys... I'm getting an HRC cam. Do you have to press on the flange? And do you just press it off the stock cam? Can the dealership do this? thanks!

cummingetit
04-30-2005, 09:36 AM
Nothing needs to be done with the flange.

plkmonster2
04-30-2005, 12:02 PM
Ok, so the one that you are selling me already has a flange on it? thanks!

NacsMXer
04-30-2005, 02:54 PM
Yep, you're right. Just drop it in and reap the benefits!! :devil:

FoxProRacing
04-30-2005, 06:00 PM
where can I have information about 400ex HRC cam (Web)?

NacsMXer
04-30-2005, 06:49 PM
There really is not any information out there on the HRC cam. I have this cam, so what would you like to know?

FoxProRacing
04-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Do you need to remplace valves spring when you put this cam?

Does this cam is able to wake up the engine like web cam or hotcam?

Does this cam make a difference in power?

What the price of the cam?

P.S.Sorry for my english :rolleyes:

NacsMXer
04-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by FoxProRacing
Do you need to remplace valves spring when you put this cam?

Does this cam is able to wake up the engine like web cam or hotcam?

Does this cam make a difference in power?

What the price of the cam?

P.S.Sorry for my english :rolleyes:

You need not replace anything in the valvetrain with this cam, albeit valve springs or hard surfaced rockers. This cam was designed by Honda for this engine, this is why it is a "drop in" cam.

Yes this is one of the best cams you could possibly run. I used to have a Webcam and the HRC yields much more impressive gains. It is comparable to a Hotcam Stage 2 cam but with much better low end power. It seems like with many aftermarket cams you get either low end or top end power. With this cam, there are no comprimises anywhere in the powerband; it has a very smooth power distribution.

And one last thing you should know is this is one of the most expensive cams on the market because of its power potential. Retail price for this cam is over $400, but you can buy them from ServiceHonda.com for between $200-300. Someone said that Honda has stopped producing this cam, so I would call up ServiceHonda and ask them. If they don't offer it anymore, go to GTthunder.com and call them up. Lazarus is the owner, he can hook you up with the HRC for a reasonable price as well.

Zuber187
05-01-2005, 04:29 PM
I installed the HRC copy for $179 and 10.8.1 ross from XR's only and I am killing modified Z's and Hot camed 400. To say the least I am very impressed with it from the bottom right to the limiter. But I did have to install the cam flange off my old my old one but other than that, another happy customer and would recommend the HRC copy and the XR's Only service.

FoxProRacing
05-01-2005, 05:14 PM
what is this Hrc cam copy?

Zuber187
05-02-2005, 06:28 AM
What I was told from XR'S was that they take stock core cameshafts and weld onto it to recreate the HRC profile and specs. No harden rockers required and lot cheaper than the original with same performance. Also very quiet unlike other cams that tend to tick. Check there out their site or give them a call. They will tell you everything you need.