PDA

View Full Version : Tether switch Installation Help

DEAL
04-29-2005, 07:48 PM
Got a universal tether switch from a friend. i cut the 2 wires from the original kill switch and joined them to the tether switch. Its not working correctly, its working backwards. Its an emco universal tether switch.. i need to know were to wire the switch into, or any info that may help. I am racing on sunday and need this done./

Thanx Ahead of time..

QdMxer #39
05-02-2005, 11:17 PM
what killswitch r u talking about? the tether does not connect to the one on the handle bars! you have to splice into the wiring harness that comes out of the ignition from the motor. if you need to know how and which wire still, let me know

'03 660 Raptor-Pwdr coated and gusseted for MX duty
-Wiseco High Comp. 11:1 piston/ TORCO 112 Race Gas
HotCams Stage 1 cam /Pro Design airbox adapter/ Outerwears Airbox cover/ Roll Design Foot Controls / Golden
West Cycle Graphics/Full FMF Ti-4 Exhaust w/ PwrBomb Hdr. - Renthal FATBars Motion Pro Twist throttle/ GYT-R Br. Rezzy Guard
Triple Rate Elka Zero Preload Fr. w/remote rezzy comp. adj.
Laeger,s+2 A-arms&+2 Sw. arm GYT-R Chassis&Sw.arm Skid
Elka rear Re-valve kit for stock shock& dual rate rear spring kit w/ ZPS - DG Fat Series V- Pro Fr. - Fat Series R.
DuraBlue+4 X-33 w/ Billet hubs
BRAKING Wave rotors/MSR Raptor Lever,s
QuadTech xtra padded seat &cover
And ME! LOL

Quinn01
06-04-2005, 05:14 PM
alright there should be 2 wires. One white and black one and another one. The white and black one is a ground wire. Ground that somewhere on the frame.

I forget at the moment where the other one goes. Sorry man....

tator
06-06-2005, 05:30 PM
the two wires comming from your cdi box cunect your kill swich to them do not cut those wires. I have that kill swich it works good:)

QdMxer #39
06-10-2005, 09:21 PM
You dont have to cut any wires or ground them. You Only need a ground hook up from the tether itself. The other wire ( LONGER) one, getshooked to the wires that come out of the stator cover from the motor. Just Gently cut the outer Black sleeve that is around the wires. then Splice into the red and white striped wire. After that check your ground and it will work. Every thing else(switches, key) will still work as B4!

Burt0n366
06-24-2005, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the help. this is just what my friend needed
:D