PDA

View Full Version : diffrent clutch perch but 2 wires???

JR3
04-29-2005, 05:07 PM
I just got a Msr quick adjust perch and lever. So i went to switch em today but there are 2 wires going into the stock perch and im afraid to cut them because i dont know what they do. does any one know what they do and is it safe to just cut em or do i need to do something else. (sorry for the crappy explaination and poor grammar)

04-29-2005, 05:31 PM
this is what you do, you hook one wire to the positive of the battery, and the other to the negative..

really, you just cut them and put them together, tape them, and forget about them..

you really shouldnt be doing work on your stuff if you cant figure that out..

tell us how that msr lever works

Jesse

sickmojave
04-29-2005, 06:34 PM
if you wire them together it WILL start in gear or any time the key is on and you hit the start button. ;)

JR3
04-30-2005, 12:39 PM
Thanx for the help sick mojave. Dirt Merchant i was just asking because i am very cautious and didnt feel like messin something up so im just gonna splice them together and tape em off good

NacsMXer
04-30-2005, 03:03 PM
No offence, but from experience the MSR raptor levers are pretty shotty. Two of my buddies have them on their 400's. They are supposed to be "easy pull", but my friends' clutches are the hardest clutches I have ever pulled before. You put yourself at a huge disadvantage from a leverage perspective with a shorty lever. Just makes for more arm pump and premature exhaustion :o The threads for the adjuster strip out and begin to gall the clutch cable, putting even more drag on the clutch pull. They are also made out of cast aluminum; my buddy rolled his quad and the lever snapped off right at the perch, revealing the weak cast structure of the aluminum underneath. I'm not trying to rip on the lever, I'm just stating facts that I have seen happen. Don't be surprised if you have problems down the road. Just my $0.02..

JR3
04-30-2005, 05:52 PM
I didnt get the shorty lever. and if i see anything going wrong or it sucks ill just put the stock set up back on or go rtc.