PDA

View Full Version : does WB e series have to be repacked?

05-17-2002, 07:30 PM
I know the fmf Q serious has to be repacked every 20 hours with dedening material. Is this also true with the e series and other pipes?

Erik

RED121572
05-17-2002, 07:46 PM
Yes, the white bros needs to be repacked every few years.

400exJOE
05-17-2002, 07:48 PM
I would repack about once or twice every year. Mine was getting real loud and repacking made a huge difference in sound and I think I picked up a little power. Plus it runs better.

tprender
05-18-2002, 05:36 AM
Any exhaust that any type of packing needs to be repacked . It will run better with the packing replaced for some reason. How much packing will make a difference in top and low end speed. One of the mags talked about this last winter.

nakomis0
05-18-2002, 09:30 AM
Is it hard to repack? what do ya need to do and prolly just get a repack kit, at the store where ya bought the pipe?

RED121572
05-18-2002, 01:56 PM
The WB E Series pipe shell is put together by rivets. Youll need to drill out the rivets to access the packing. Sucks. Oh and uh, youll need some rivets and a rivet gun to put it back together.

I would take it to the dealer to have done. Im already on my second E series. I went to add more disk about a month ago. When backing out the disk bolts, three of em snapped. I was so aggravated, I went a bought a new one. Now, I have a race pipe and a legal pipe. Careful if you add more disk. If you want some extra disk, Ive got 16 of em lying around....6 of em are brand new.

:cool:

VarmintHunter
05-20-2002, 07:19 AM
I just repacked my White Bros. silencer and was surprised to see that there was hardly any packing left in it. I put the pipe on last summer and used it for about 15 trips to Silver Lake dunes. I typically would ride for three to four hours per trip. I replaced the packing with Silent Sport packing material. It's a little different than normal packing. It looks like yarn because the glass fibers are wound together - they claim it lasts up to five times longer than normal packing - but it also costs twice as much. You can get the Silent Sport material from any retailer who uses WhiteBrothers as a vendor.