PDA

View Full Version : wrecked 400ex

Stevie-D
04-29-2005, 02:54 PM
i was out on my bro's 400ex a little while ago. we have a track a good way back on our property, with jumps, woops, etc...

we built a cabin in the field that the track is in last summer. we go camping back there. there is a double with a crappy landing that is about 20-25 feet long next to the cabin. i've never had the balls to hit it being that the landing is as bad as it is. it is basically a landing, but the face of it is basically a wall.
well today, i finally nutted up and hit it. i made 2 or 3 runs on it before getting the approach right. i hit it, and the rear end landed right on the face of the landing. i about got thrown over the bars, but held on. i fell down the right side of the quad and tried to get it stopped. after rolling about 15 feet, it hit a dip in the track and rolled on top of me. i was wearing a sleeveless shirt, exposing my shoulder\back to the motor when it fell on me.

the quad is fine, the only thing that happened was the plate on the steering stem got tweaked a bit.

i didn't come out as well as the quad. i've got a nasty burn on my back in the shape of various engine parts. my hip is bruised/scraped, and i've got a huge scrape/bruise running across my chest
i had my helmet on. if i didn't, my head would be quite bad. my helmet rubbed across a tire before banging into the ground. that is why you should always wear your helmet.

well thats my story, maybe someone else will learn from my mistake;)

born-2-race
04-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Ouch, I'm glad nothing serious happened.

300exr
04-29-2005, 05:30 PM
man that stinks, how long til you can ride agin

theTman
04-29-2005, 05:32 PM
did you get the part that says HONDA on the motor for a burn? that would be sweet

250xridamatt
04-29-2005, 05:47 PM
I wanna see pictures of the burns on your back, and various other injuries. Just not the hip....

LeGaCyGiAnT124
04-29-2005, 05:54 PM
wow that would suck. and yea it would be kool if u got the HONDA part on your back

NacsMXer
04-29-2005, 05:58 PM
Man that sucks, but it's good you weren't seriously hurt :) I know what you mean when you say you got bucked over the bars but you were still holding on. Same thing happened to me last summer when I accidently hit some 1 ft tall whoops that were in the shadows of the trees wide open in 4th. I hit the first couple then all my body weight went over the bars but I was still holding on, basically in a superman position on the seat. I fell off the right side, next thing I know im on the ground and my quads laying on its side right behind me. Tweaked the stem pretty bad too.

Just wanted to tell that story because I found it quite similar the way we both wrecked :p Best of luck healing up! :macho

DeerNuts
04-29-2005, 06:07 PM
That was MY 400ex that he wrecked.

But as usual, the Honda came out better than he did. But thats to be expected of course;)

We'll get some pics of his back. It looks pretty bad. No, he didnt get branded by the Honda mark:p but agreed, it wouldve been sweet if it did!

He didnt mention of course that he ripped my brand-new Confederate flag seat cover. That pissed me off more than the the top of the steering stem being bent.

He didnt mention also that he only had maybe 30 ft to approach this 25 or so footer and hit it tapped in 2nd:huh (the approach was designed for a dirtbike, so it goes around a small berm) Of course youre not gonna make it dumbarse. lol

LeGaCyGiAnT124
04-29-2005, 06:12 PM
lol i liked that seat cover to:D

DeerNuts
04-29-2005, 06:20 PM
Well I guess now I should tell you that the rip is only the size of a dime.

And its right along the bottom of the seat so its not very noticeable. We stuck some epoxy in the hole and hopefully it holds.

So its not like its trashed or nothing. The stars and bars are still flying looking good.

04-29-2005, 06:41 PM
pictures??? :confused:

Stevie-D
04-29-2005, 07:01 PM
ive got pics:D

Stevie-D
04-29-2005, 07:03 PM
you can see where some bolts burnt marks in my back. it was funny because at first i didn't realize that it was burning me, then i was like "ohhhh *****":D

chucked
04-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
you can see where some bolts burnt marks in my back. it was funny because at first i didn't realize that it was burning me, then i was like "ohhhh *****":D

LMAO!

blue416ex
04-29-2005, 07:13 PM
hey thats the heat shield on your back !! lol get better and hit it again !!! but dont wreck :D

Night Rider
04-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Not to get of topic or anything but where did u get that belt buckle??? its awesome thanks

Stevie-D
04-29-2005, 07:21 PM
it aint the heat shield. the left side of the motor landed on my shoulder, and the heatshield is on the right:huh

i think that the edge of the case made the mark. im not quite sure though

Stevie-D
04-29-2005, 07:25 PM
i got the belt buckle at the fair in good ol Wayne County, PA last summer. paid about $12 for it if i remember it right. it's a heavy SOB though. lol:D

any redneck county fair oughta have vendors selling stuff like it. they had wallets, license plates, shirts, stickers, and other stuff with the flag on there.

DeerNuts
04-29-2005, 08:36 PM
Yes, if you were to come to our house, hell even our county, you will notice an abundance of Confederate paraphanelia:D

We were born in the wrong century in the wrong decade Im sure.:p

(I take that back, if I was born back then, Id have no quad for my bro to wreck:scary: )

Stevie-D
05-01-2005, 07:47 AM
well i was thinking about the burn mark on my back, and it turns out that it was the heat shield. the quad flipped over, then over another half way, which exposed my back to the heat shield. i didn't realize it at first because when i got up i figured that the left side of the motor hit me

05-01-2005, 10:39 AM
how long did it take you to grow your moustache?

400exredrider
05-01-2005, 11:01 AM
not just a little bit redneck here are we? :D haha just messin :p

DeerNuts
05-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by 400exredrider
not just a little bit redneck here are we? :D haha just messin :p

Nah we aint rednecks.

Dammit, whered I set my dad-gummit can er Skoal at anyways???:confused: