PDA

View Full Version : +2+1 arms, stock shocks?

900rracer
04-29-2005, 02:34 PM
I was wondering if it is possible to use +2+1 a-arms with the stock shocks? I am assuming the shocks would have to be revalved? Has anyone done this setup yet? If so how does it work? Thanks guys for the info!

Moto92
04-29-2005, 09:35 PM
Yes, I know a guy that is running +3 burgards with stock shocks and brake lines. I believe he said its stiffer than it was before... go figure.

froggy97
04-29-2005, 10:22 PM
I just put +2 houser on mine it did soften up quite a bit so i cranked down the preload a little and it feels about as stiff as i had it before, but i have not rode it yet. I am planning on getting the shocks revalved soon, but i think it will still work better than stock

Out_Sider
04-30-2005, 03:46 AM
i dont think it will be a problem

KEVIN132
04-30-2005, 04:47 AM
just make sure you order for stock shocks not lt (long travel)revalving is great for the money but you cant beet my lt houser/elka set up quadrate dual adjustment. if going mx get the link it really helps!

900rracer
04-30-2005, 07:11 AM
Thanks, guys for the info. I am just trying to get a nice MX setup on a tight budget. Ferathisracer: I see you mentioned Burgards--I had them on my 250R and would consider buying them again--I think they are a good value and good product.

trick450r
04-30-2005, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by KEVIN132
just make sure you order for stock shocks not lt (long travel)revalving is great for the money but you cant beet my lt houser/elka set up quadrate dual adjustment. if going mx get the link it really helps!

the last thing we need is bragging in this forum thank you...but if you must i'll take my elka LSR setup over that

900rracer
05-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Well, I broke down and ordered the Houser +2 arms for my R. I will be using the stock shocks. Can not afford the long travel setup, so will go with the +2s and stock shocks. I race MX, but just some local District five stuff--only go about 2 or 3 times a year so I couldn't see investing in lt for the little bit of racing that I do. Being married with a mortgage and bills really sucks--you guys living at home...stay there as long as possbile!!! Cause once you move out its struggling for a while, I still manage to keep my toys though.
Froggy97 have you rode yours yet? PM me if you have any tips for setting up yours. Thanks a lot!
Kevin.

KEVIN132
05-04-2005, 03:04 AM
its not braggin trick everyone wants to know what people are runnin and how they like it. back to the arms locktite and tourqe everything . dont try to get the stock joints out there permanent!
you see my bike . the bikes at the tracks got alot more into them$$$$$.ive seen stock bikes win races . its all rider but how there body feels when there off the track is the difference!!!!!

blake_mx_racer
05-04-2005, 08:14 AM
kevin, how much did that houser/elka set up cost you? i may have to look into buyin that setup.

Blake

KEVIN132
05-05-2005, 06:35 PM
$2,200.00 i think i try to forget about it!!!tom at cycle pros has a front end for our bikes in stock.ask for him or pj or bobby! he has elka tripple rate for around 250lb rider i think. tall him kevin from the 30 + class sent you!!