PDA

View Full Version : 2005 GNCC "Loretta Lynn's" Round #6 Live Coverage

Admin
04-28-2005, 09:39 PM
For the 6th round of the GNCC Series, Loretta Lynn’s Dude Ranch is the destination, which one of the most popular events of the series and is located just an hour west of the country music capital, Nashville, TN.

Admin
04-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Nashville, TN is a wonderful tourist spot with a great mix of the old and new architecture gracing the skyline and the streets. The Ryman Auditorium attracts many visitors everyday to take a glimpse into the past of Country Music history as it was once home to the Grand Ole Opry before the newer and larger facility was built across the river, but it is still utilized for small event in the winter months.

The Ryman use to dominate the skyline, but today skyscrapers like the BellSouth Tower overshadow it along with other Skyscrapers under construction around it as Nashville, TN slowly becomes modernized.

Admin
04-28-2005, 10:08 PM
The morning was rain gave way to a beautiful afternoon, but as day turned to night, the clouds once again began to roll in with more rain and severe thunderstorms on the horizon for the overnight and into Friday.

Check back on Friday, for the latest information on track layout and conditions.

Admin
04-29-2005, 08:41 PM
The Loretta Lynn’s Dude Ranch experienced heavy downpours through out the night with some spectacular thunder and lightning, which forced the Racer Productions crew to make some last minutes changes to the track and Pro Pits location before the riders began pouring in early Friday morning.

Admin
04-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Chris Borich and his close to 60 feet long rig were one of the first Pros to arrive Friday morning and patiently waited while the Racer Production crew continued to scramble to find a new Pro Pit location because the original location used last year had turned into a swamp overnight.

After careful consideration, they decided to pit the Pros along the river in amongst the trees because the ground remained fairly solid besides some standing water in sections, but it required some maneuvering to fit the rigs between the scattered trees.

Admin
04-29-2005, 08:48 PM
By late morning, the majority of the Pros had arrived and began setting up their pit area as even more rain showers moved in dumping atleast another inch of rain on the track throughout the day with more severe storms forecasted to move in during the evening and overnight hours.

Admin
04-29-2005, 08:49 PM
The Racer Production crew gathered once again to determine what other changes they would have to make to the track in preparation for more rain.

Admin
04-29-2005, 08:55 PM
Newly formed teammates Johnny Gallagher and Greg Trew made it extremely obvious that they were Pro Racers and not Utility Class racers as they worked together on figuring out how to get Yamaha going forward and out of reverse, and with all the rain, a utility quad may be the quad of choice tomorrow.

Admin
04-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Buren Hamrick was busy all day rerouting several sections of the original track which contained several hill climbs and the motocross track, but because of all the rain, the motocross track was completely removed from the layout.

Admin
04-29-2005, 08:58 PM
The start of the race will remain in the same location as last year which is around a ½ mile hike from the finish line and the Pro Pits. The starting area was almost completely covered in water by mid day, and it was identical to the layout from last year with a hard left hand turn followed by an immediate hard right hand turn before heading down a long straight away.

Admin
04-29-2005, 08:59 PM
The straight away after the start was also a huge water puddle and most of the riders will be completely soaked before even getting a mile into the race, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see many rider’s machines quit on the start from all the water.

Admin
04-29-2005, 09:01 PM
After around ½ mile of fields, the riders will cross the road and head up into the hills and won’t return back down into the bottom and across the road again till the 10 mile marker.

Admin
04-29-2005, 09:03 PM
There will be plenty of standing water on the other side of the road, but the rock base will keep it from getting too bad, and the riders will need to worry more about not sliding over the side of one of the steep banks that the track runs along.

Admin
04-29-2005, 09:09 PM
There still will be some steep hill climbs included in the track, but the majority of the hills have the riders going down them instead of up, which hopefully will prevent bottlenecks from forming during the race.

Admin
04-29-2005, 09:12 PM
Once the riders cross the road at the end of the lap, it will become extremely interesting because the low lying areas are covered in standing water and instead of a rocky soil found in the hills the ground contains more sand and clay which will quickly give way and form some nasty mud holes

Admin
04-29-2005, 09:15 PM
The Racer Production crew originally were going to build an obstacle section with rocks and a mud pit, but it wasn’t necessary after all the rain, so they just moved some of the bleachers into the woods for the spectators to sit and watch the riders go through some of the nasty mud sections that will begin to form during the morning race and will be almost impassable by afternoon race.

Admin
04-29-2005, 09:17 PM
After checking out the track, I headed back to the Pro Pits to see what some of the riders thought about all of this rain, and I found Ballance brothers checking out the latest GNCC program which featured a full page action shot of Brandon Ballance from Steele Creek.

Admin
04-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Bill Ballance was in his normal humorous mood when I snapped a photo of him before a quick interview about the track conditions and his game plan for Saturday's race.

“Its going to be nasty for sure, and I have been training and riding hard since the last race in hopes of it being fast paced, dusty, and hot, but its not going to be that way and its going to be pretty wet out there. It is looking like its going to be a survival race and picking the best lines will be important which isn’t that bad because I would like to take my decision making over anyone else’s out there in the top 10 pits.”

“I came down here with a dry track setup, so I had to change a few things including adding some iRazr on the back to push the Yamaha up the hills and through the ruts which is going to help us a lot. Also, Jimmy is water proofing the Yamaha, so it will be ready for the wet conditions, so instead of heading out there and hanging it wide open and busting it out, we are going to have to use our heads and pick the right lines and get to the finish line first.”

I wish you the best Bill, and thanks for your time.

Admin
04-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Brandon Ballance was busy installing some new stickers on his Yamaha before the race, and he now has some awesome looking autograph posters thanks to his sponsor HMF Engineering.

I also asked Brandon what he thought about all of this rain and what effect will it have on the race.

“Its not going to be as bad as many of the riders are expecting her at Loretta Lynn’s because its got a lot of rocky and sandy soil and the rain will be absorbed up really quickly and it will just get whooped out especially along the creek, but there will still be some mud holes, so many of the riders will probably switch to some new tires. The tire selection won’t be that important because of how hard packed the course is at Loretta’s, so tomorrow should turn out to be a great race.”

Thanks for your time, Brandon Ballance.

Admin
04-29-2005, 09:30 PM
Chris Borich heads into Loretta's with the points lead after taking the narrow victory over Bill Ballance at Big Buck, and he remains confident as ever when I asked him about Saturday's race in the rain.

"I was expecting that it was going to rain because I have been watching the forecast. I came ready for it, and I feel my Honda will keep me out front tomorrow”

I wish you the best Chris Borich, and thanks for your time.

Admin
04-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Mike Benson has been on fire the last two races with back to back wins and was leading Georgia until he broke down before the end of the race.

“It looks like its going to be pretty muddy, and I don’t really like running in the rain, but I always seem to do real well in the rain, so I am looking to keep my winning streak going in the Open A class aboard my Four Stroke Tech Honda 500R."

Admin
04-29-2005, 09:43 PM
Cory Vickerd wasn’t taken any chances with the all the rain and was mounting himself up some new tires.

Admin
04-29-2005, 09:43 PM
ITP Tires, Rick Thompson, was kept busy all day mounting up some new HD Tires for cutting through the mud on Saturday.

Admin
04-29-2005, 09:45 PM
While everyone else waited in two long lines for registration, those that pre registered online only had to wait in one short line, which had many wishing they pre registered as well.

Stephanie Parton was hamming it up with fellow women’s class competitor Sefanie Verkade as she pretends to knock her out with her umbrella:eek:.

Admin
04-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Stephanie was on cloud nine all day as she and I joked around with each other throughout the day, but lucikly for me, I was the one with the camea and not her:p

Admin
04-29-2005, 09:48 PM
A long line quickly formed at Tech Inspection as many riders tried to get through tech before the next line of thunderstorms would arrive.

Admin
04-29-2005, 09:52 PM
In between the scattered storms several people including Jesse Wey dug out their fishing poles for a chance to get in some trout fishing and with some great success, I must add, as he caught several trout before calling it a day.

Admin
04-29-2005, 09:54 PM
Others just spent time watching there dog's have a blast splashing through the water.

Admin
04-29-2005, 10:00 PM
As day turned to night, the rain was once again knocking on the door as severe thunderstorms rolled in this evening dumping atleast another inch of rain and it continues to add up as his hasn't even begun to let up this evening.

Hopefully, the rain will stop by morning, but the damage has already been done, and I am sure that racer productions will most likely have to make even more changes to the track in the morning and even possibily shorten the morning race to only 3 laps, but we won't know for sure till tomorrow, so check back for more live updates throughout the day from the track.

Admin
04-30-2005, 08:05 AM
Well the heavy rain continued overnight, and several inches of rain fell on the area which created a disaster in the low level areas of the track with extensive flash flooding that caught hundreds of people off quard.

Admin
04-30-2005, 08:07 AM
The river overflowed its bank during the overnight and submerged the lower level pit area and track under several feet of water in sections.

Admin
04-30-2005, 08:09 AM
Utility Quads are the transportation of choice since 4x4 was and ground clearance was needed for moving through the water.

Admin
04-30-2005, 08:12 AM
Many vehicles and people are stranded on islands that formed overnight as people tried to move their vehicles to higher ground to avoid being swept away down the river, but it may be sometime before any of the people will be able to leave because the water is around 2 feet deep.

Admin
04-30-2005, 08:14 AM
We informed this utility rider that this was a "No Wake Zone" area of the course.

Admin
04-30-2005, 08:17 AM
This Dodge pickup got hung up in the mud looking for a place to park overnight, and he wasn't able to get it out before the creek overflowed its banks.

The Racer Productions crew looks on as they have a tractor pull the truck to higher ground, and they were busy trying to figure out how they will deal with the severe flooding.

Admin
04-30-2005, 08:21 AM
The majority of the track is several feet underwater, so several miles of the course are being removed and the race will primarily take place on the other side of the road in the hills.

Admin
04-30-2005, 08:23 AM
Jeff Russell decided to move the starting area to a new area and the finish line because they are now underwater. The start of the morning race will be delayed a minimum of one hour as the course changes are made before the race.

Admin
04-30-2005, 08:26 AM
The Pro Pits weren't immune to the water either as even Bill Ballance's pit area was flooded with water.

Check back for more updates throughout the day as I need to start to prepare for the morning race.

Admin
04-30-2005, 10:38 AM
We are now 37 minutes into the race!

This is going to be a 3 lap race.

Admin
04-30-2005, 12:21 PM
The finish of lap #1-
Billy Good has third place overall, leading 4 stroke stock class

Stephanie Parton has 4th place overall, 1st in class

Johnny Gallagher has 7th place overall

Angel Atwell 8th overall, 2nd in class

Traci Cecco 9th overall, 3rd in class

Harlen Foley has 11th place overall

Super Senior-John Gallagher holds 1st place
Ken Vickard 2nd
Tom Waybright 3rd

After the finish of the 2nd lap
Billy Good has a 30’ 31” lap time and holds first

Pro Interviews

Final third lap-
Billy Good takes the win!
2nd Jarrod Mcclure
TJ Lenig
Stephanie Parton
David Dalon
6th Nick Sessions
Nathan Derrik

Admin
04-30-2005, 02:25 PM
Overall:
1st William Yokley
2nd Bill Ballance
3rd Chris Borich
Matt Smiley
Johnny Gallagher
Jeremy Rice
Greg Trew
10th Josh Ripley

Class by class
4 Stroke A
Josh Alan
Todd Rothermel
Taylor Kiser
Corey Vickard
Zack Phillips
Tom Brown
Paul McCoy
703 Jodie Estes
Wesley Kinsley
54 Justin Trevis

Junior Class
Jeffrey Vensel
Rob Zimmerman
Jon Garrison
Peter Stadmuler #70
Jim Pinkston

Open A
Kyle Martin
Johnahn Shaff
Ryan Lane
Bryan Shaw
Cliff King
Craig Reed
Brandon Helms
Mark Thompson
Michael Johnson
Michael Benson

Pro AM
Scott Barron
29 Josh Ribley
Adam McGill 66
68 Derek Litterini
7th Jeffrey Pickens
9th Bryan Hulsey
Gregg Stewart

Vet
John Rolling
Greg Wapler
Blaine Shick 33

2 Stroke A
2nd Wes Stone
3rd Michael Summers
4th Joey Margueria

4 Stroke b
Brandon Sommers
Michael Novak
Tyler Lenig
Adam Reed
Blake Metz
Garret Wheat
Brett Marksbury
Christopher Stephen
Tommy Jenks
Josh Kirkland

Open B
2nd Sloan Jackson
3rd Darrell Bozarth
Nathan Wallpe

Admin
04-30-2005, 02:33 PM
Bill Ballance has first after completing lap 2
Yokley 2nd
and Borich 3rd
Jeremy Rice 4th
Tod Knippenberg
Johnny Gallagher

Matt Smiley is now in 9th

Admin
04-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Ballance has 1st
Yokley holds 2nd
Borich is 10 seconds behind him

The race will be over in about 20 minutes

Admin
04-30-2005, 02:51 PM
We are 13 minutes away from a Checkered Flag!

Admin
04-30-2005, 02:52 PM
Yokley and Ballance are wheel to wheel at the 7 mile marker

Admin
04-30-2005, 02:56 PM
Ballance and Yokley are wheel to wheel at the 9 mile marker
Yokley just passed Ballance

Admin
04-30-2005, 02:59 PM
Jeremy Rice has moved into the third

Admin
04-30-2005, 03:06 PM
William Yokley has won the race!
Jeremy Rice takes 2nd
Bill Ballance takes 3rd
Chris Borich takes 4th

Admin
04-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Morning Race Results

Super Senior 50+
1st John Gallagher
2nd Thomas Waybright
3rd John Hines
4th Ken Vickerd
5th Thomas Jenks

4 Stroke Stock
1st Billy Good
2nd Jarrod Mcclure
3rd Timothy Lenig
4th Nathan Derrick
5th John Wright

Women
1st Stephanie Parton
2nd Angel Atwell
3rd Traci Cecco
4th Stefanie Verkade
5th Shanna Bradshaw

Utility Stock
1st Kevin Trantham
2nd Michael Swift
3rd Mike Penland
4th Derek Fesmire
5th Daniel Garrett

Utility Modified
1st Scott Kilby
2nd Cliffton Beasley
3rd Jason White
4th Ryon Hicks
5th Timothy Olsen

2 & 4 Stroke C (16-21)
1st Brent Foltz
2nd Michael Coker
3rd Travis Rogers
4th Derek S. Beaman
5th Zach Kirkland

2 & 4 Stroke C (22-28)
1st Brent Stacy
2nd David Nicely
3rd James S. Jones
4th Dustin Page
5th Trevor Howard

2 & 4 Stroke C (29-34)
1st Jason Ramsey
2nd Shannon Brown
3rd Brandon Heath
4th Brad Warner
5th Jason Bougher

2 & 4 Stroke C (35+)
1st Thomas Wright
2nd Travis Keeton
3rd Darren Clements
4th Andy Johnson
5th Mike Butler

First Year Racer (16-24)
1st Chaz Green
2nd Damien Camplin
3rd Brandon Stacy
4th Richard Edwards
5th Adam Cooper

First Year Racer (25+)
1st John Griffin
2nd Jacen Gardner
3rd Chris Gadd
4th Joseph Simpson
5th Benjamin Hamilton

Admin
04-30-2005, 05:31 PM
Afternoon Race Results

Pro
1st William Yokley
2nd Jeremy Rice
3rd Bill V. Ballance
4th Chris M. Borich
5th Chris Jenks
6th Johnny Gallagher
7th Andris Lagzdins
8th Matt J. Smiley
9th Bryan Baker
10th Rhett M. Butler
11th Bradley Page
12th Brandon Ballance
13th Gregory Trew
14th Michael S. Houston
15th Bryan Cook
16th Todd Knippenberg
17th Chad Duvall
DNF Thomas Barrett
DNF Santo Derisi
DNF Kim Kuhnle

Pro AM
1st Scott Barron
2nd Adam Mcgill
3rd Duane Johnson
4th Brian W. Schmid
5th Scott Fleischhauer

Open A
1st Dustin Walker
2nd Brian K. Shaw
3rd Kyle Martin
4th Jonathan E. Shaff
5th Cliff King

2 Stroke A/B
1st Brian Edwards
2nd Wes Stone
3rd Joey Margueria
4th Dirk Desare
5th Bruce Marshall

4 Stroke A
1st Taylor Kiser
2nd Thomas Brown
3rd Wesley Kinsley
4th Jody Estes
5th Cory Vickerd

4 Stroke B
1st Tyler Lenig
2nd Brandon Sommers
3rd Christopher Stephens
4th Adam Mallett
5th Blake Hetz

Open B
1st Sloan Jackson
2nd Darrell E. Bozarth
3rd Dustin Pigott
4th Aaron Hunt
5th Nathan Wallpe

Sport
1st Steven Mitchell
2nd Benji Edwards
3rd Tom Bobrowicz
4th Caleb Jones
5th Jacob Jones

Junior
1st Shane Hughes
2nd Jeffrey Vensel
3rd Jim Pinkston
4th Greg Lott
5th Justin Brown

Vet
1st John R. Rowling
2nd Greg Wampler
3rd Steve E. Zapfe
4th Wayne Siegers
5th Kenneth Tincher

Senior
1st Dave A. Simmons
2nd John Kenney
3rd Robert Conkle
4th Marshall Sugg
5th John Cunningham Jr.

Admin
04-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Top Three Overall

1. William Yokley
2. Jeremy Rice
3. Scott Barron or Bill Ballance (You Pick because Bill was 3rd then Scott, and I guess it is Bill Again)

Admin
04-30-2005, 05:33 PM
I hope you enjoyed the Live Race Coverage and if you would like to add some photos or comments feel free.

The complete race reports will be posting within a few days :D

Jeff2269
04-30-2005, 07:49 PM
Does anyone know what happen with Borich? WHy 4th?

Jeff2269
04-30-2005, 07:50 PM
or why 5th?

TheJaspMan
04-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by awesome450
They interviewed Barron on the podium for 3rd place but there was some confusion at the end because yokely started celebrating after the checkered flag but before he got scanned . these pros should know that it is a timed race ,celebrate after you get scanned.Barron beat ballance by time but ballance argued and said they waited to long to scan him(boo hoo).Good job Scott!!!!

So if I am understanding correctly, you feel Ballance should be punished for something out of his control? Even if Yokleys quad broke down, or a tornado blew the check point people away, a racer may not pass in that area. The checkered flag is all that mattered at that point. And all four racers fullfilled that requirment. It came down to scan timing, not race timing.

In no way did Barron beat Ballance. He ran a great race for sure. But he did not beat beat him according to the flag or the rules.

ILGNCC400EX
05-01-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by markk
Good coverage Harlen, I heard about that dodge, But i thought it was just all the streched truth.

I liked the course, Iv actully never drivin my quad threw that much water before. I had it well waterproffed before i drove down from Illinois.
But that was the absolute worste race for me ever. I had a good holeshot, seeing there where only 3 other bike in my class under 450CCs. A little better than mid-pack, Started gaining positions pretty quick by picking good lines and fallowing far enuf behind somone that I would have time to react to make the pass or find another line when they became stuck.
Somewhere out in the Desert (thorns&brush) part of the track i cam up on a bottleneck after bottleneck. I then tried to take the highside of somone who had bent a tierod in a rut, and i didnt make it. I slid down and then bacame used as traction for everyone else to make the offcamber rut.
(BIG THANKS TO SANTO D. AND THOMMAS B) for helping my get my quad out.

Well i got going and was beat, so i took my time getting back to the pits, where i changed my googles and gloves, and took off. But it wasnt the 3 mile marker and my quad started sounding like it was hitting the rev limiter at about 4-5000 RPMs and after a while it wouldnt hardley turn anything of 3000RPMs. So i made it to somwhere around the 7-9 mile marker and there I found out i couldnt go any farther, I attemped the hill a few good tried, and it just wasnt gona pull me up running the way it was.
SO i turned back around and found a fire road and just poped, and sputterd back to the pits.

Everyone who finished good job!

Well yah..At least you can walk today Mark! That was the worst crash i've ever had!!! That downhill after the second check point kiked my arse!

05-01-2005, 08:49 PM
here are a few of my decent pic.'s..i have movies too but they are really small

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid166/p5459450fa5e57adebf96a038e0a8ccd6/f4466e6c.jpg

harlem at work
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid166/p6fb03682fadc9b1950bc7a8a4fcb0f52/f4466e78.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid166/pb1985a78d4d0f391e10de012c2aac355/f4466e84.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid166/pdf0a73ed9984c041a01deba12be562f9/f4466e65.jpg

tedscrappy300
05-02-2005, 05:59 AM
Great coverage Harlen can't wait for the rest of it!
-Ted

WOOLIN
05-02-2005, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Jeff2269
Does anyone know what happen with Borich? WHy 4th?

He crashed and went over the bars on the last lap. He was pretty bruised up after the race. His legs caught the bars as he went over.

ky300ex
05-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Here's a few more pics. of Loretta Lynn's.Most are pics in the pro pit area before the race.I couldn't get many racing shots because of a low battery on my camera:grr: .Hopefully this link will work.

http://community.webshots.com/user/canes_swagger

Admin
05-02-2005, 04:43 PM
I removed many of the replies to this thread because they were only creating speculation about riders and results that weren't going anywhere.

There was major confusion at the finish line and riders weren't scanned quickly enough and out of order which created some scoring concerns that took several hours to fix only after reviewing the video footage from the event.

05-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Is there any of this video footage we can see? I was at the finish but at the other end of the tent so I saw nothing

tedscrappy300
05-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by ky300ex
Here's a few more pics. of Loretta Lynn's.Most are pics in the pro pit area before the race.I couldn't get many racing shots because of a low battery on my camera:grr: .Hopefully this link will work.

http://community.webshots.com/user/canes_swagger

Hey, Ky300ex, do you have any sponsers? I am trying to get a sponser and i am asking fellow 300ex riders if they know were i can get a sponser. Do you know anywere i may get sponsered?

wright647
05-02-2005, 07:48 PM
i was at the finish line at the end of the pro race and barron did beat ballance here is a very easy way to tell. If anyone has pics at the finish line barron came in right on jenks butt and dont forget barron is a minute behind and also the score keepers ran over and scanned yokley this is all a bunch of bull- - - - because if ballance got whooped by a pro am rider. good job scott you'll get another chance,and this time you will not get the shaft. anybody and everybody at the finish line knows the truth.

Bush0102
05-02-2005, 08:47 PM
i was at the finish line, too, and i have video of it...and i'm still not sure who was over that line first. After yokely flipped about 4 people came in at once (rice, ballance, borich, barron) and it was chaos. Not to mention when william's quad rolled it put out so much steam you could barely see anything.

SoonerYFZ
05-02-2005, 10:05 PM
I'm just curious why this year there are no pictures from the admin. I really enjoyed the race threads last year because of the pictures telling the story (even if it wasn't live) instead of a play by play from someone typing as they watched it.

I still come and check out every GNCC race thread but I always feel a bit let down without the great race pics.

coryatver
05-02-2005, 10:18 PM
There is usually live coverage right away but the report takes a lot of work and time to put together don't worry it's coming.

Klotz Director
05-03-2005, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by wright647
i was at the finish line at the end of the pro race and barron did beat ballance here is a very easy way to tell. If anyone has pics at the finish line barron came in right on jenks butt and dont forget barron is a minute behind and also the score keepers ran over and scanned yokley this is all a bunch of bull- - - - because if ballance got whooped by a pro am rider. good job scott you'll get another chance,and this time you will not get the shaft. anybody and everybody at the finish line knows the truth.

Can we all just accept Racer Productions judgement? They've been running these races a lot longer than any of us!

WOOLIN
05-03-2005, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by tedscrappy300
Hey, Ky300ex, do you have any sponsers? I am trying to get a sponser and i am asking fellow 300ex riders if they know were i can get a sponser. Do you know anywere i may get sponsered?

Try Sponsorhouse.com they will help you find sponsors for a fee. It is a great way to find sponsors. Some companies will only sponsor riders through their site. Here is a link.

http://www.sponsorhouse.com/index1.php?page=HOME

Klotz Director
05-03-2005, 07:44 AM
I just spoke to someone at RP (identity withheld...how Washington Post of me!) and they confirm that the results on the GNCC website are official. RP officials at the race reviewed their tape of the finish (think NFL replay) and were able to determine the amount of lost time. Just like in any replay, there will always be nay-sayers. Fact is, Bill and Chris are tied and there is a lot of racing left. Keep the excitement going, guys!

jlhughes750
05-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Klotz Director
Can we all just accept Racer Productions judgement? They've been running these races a lot longer than any of us!

Why don't u except the fact that Scott Barron had an awsome ride! lets not take that away from him!!!

Klotz Director
05-03-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
Why don't u except the fact that Scott Barron had an awsome ride! lets not take that away from him!!!

Absolutely. Barron rode better than all but three people in some of the worst conditions imaginable. This takes guts, skill, and a little luck. NO ONE should make the assertion that he did not have one of the best races that afternoon. He even beat the current points leader!

Johnny_G
05-03-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by wright647

John:
You know I like you, heck you are my local boy that I pull for in the stock class, and I told Laz what a good guy and rider you are so to take it easy on you when you bring that bike down but sorry you are wrong about this one.....I watched the tape, and they got the times right. I understand that you feel scott did not get a fair shake, but I assure you that in this case RP made the right decision.

Johnny_G
05-03-2005, 01:50 PM

JL:
I don't see anyone trying to take anything away from Scott at all.
What I do see is a whole buch of people taking cheap shots at Bill for no reason, and it is really starting to PISS ME OFF!!!!!!!!

I ride with Scott every weekend at home, and he has progressed so much over the last year its great...I like having him around, because it gives me someone to battle with. In fact he has been riding really well, and really consistenly at the GNCC's and he is smoking me.....I am happy to see it. Not that I am not going to charge my arse off for the rest of the season to make sure I come out ahead of him in the points, but none the less I am happy to see him doing well.

Klotz Director
05-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Johnny_G
JL:
What I do see is a whole buch of people taking cheap shots at Bill for no reason, and it is really starting to PISS ME OFF!!!!!!!!

Word.

raptorrider
05-03-2005, 02:04 PM
I dont wanna fight----I wanna see pics!!!!!

KILLAQuad
05-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Where are the Pics.... ???? Not pics of the finish and not a Report .. (i know how long those take) but just some pics from down there... I was there and raced the darn thing and i still wanna see some pics....:D

GREAT JOB JOHNNY.....:macho ... I think ive said that already, somewhere ne way...:D

Pappy
05-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by SoonerYFZ
I'm just curious why this year there are no pictures from the admin. I really enjoyed the race threads last year because of the pictures telling the story (even if it wasn't live) instead of a play by play from someone typing as they watched it.

I still come and check out every GNCC race thread but I always feel a bit let down without the great race pics.

no worries SoonerYFZ, full report is being worked on!

Harlen dumped $600 in fuel, 2 days of vacation time and some soggy feet so you can bet there will be coverage:D we just like to put together a decent report and that takes a few days.

and to everyone else, please keep the rumor mill turned off. if you have something to say to ballance, send him a pm. and if you aint got nothing nice to say, dont say it!

Klotz Director
05-03-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
no worries SoonerYFZ, full report is being worked on!

Harlen dumped $600 in fuel, 2 days of vacation time and some soggy feet so you can bet there will be coverage:D we just like to put together a decent report and that takes a few days.

and to everyone else, please keep the rumor mill turned off. if you have something to say to ballance, send him a pm. and if you aint got nothing nice to say, dont say it!

*APPLAUSE*

$600 on fuel! It took the Klotz rig and van $300 for a 12 hour (both ways) trip to Big Buck!

jcsact
05-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Maybe he likes your fuel so much he is running it in the RV too.:blah:

Can't wait for you to put some more great racing coverage together Harlan and Staff.

Hey it beats waiting for a 3-5 pages in the rags with ads filling up 3/4 of the coverage.;)

Pappy
05-03-2005, 03:30 PM
harlen knows one speed and its hammer down foot thru the floor.

why do you think i drive myself to the races:eek:

Klotz Director
05-03-2005, 03:35 PM
harlen knows one speed and its hammer down foot thru the floor.

You should try driving 600 gallons of Racing Gasoline through the Smokey Mountains! the transmission nearly tore itself apart!

Pappy
05-03-2005, 03:41 PM
most of harlens old tranny is still visable just north of roanoke:eek:

schootar
05-03-2005, 04:53 PM

Now that's WORD.

popo
05-03-2005, 05:12 PM
h

Becuase you have a smelly butt.... :D

Pappy
05-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by popo
Becuase you have a smelly butt.... :D

you been sniffin there copper:mad: :blah:

wright647
05-03-2005, 08:27 PM
I guess since you took it easy on me in your reply, I'll take it easy on you the next local race. or I may even give you some free riding lessons. (YEAH RIGHT HUH)
THANKS JOHNNY G

ralph13
05-03-2005, 11:46 PM
most of harlens old tranny is still visable just north of roanoke:eek:

pappy come on lets not talk about, the only thing good about that trip was the meal i got at track thanks to you and bridget

bubba power
05-04-2005, 06:16 AM
could someone explain to us when the minute difference pro and pro -am are justified . I was under the impression that if you finished within that minute of the leader as a pro-am rider you were given the overall ?:confused:

Klotz Director
05-04-2005, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by bubba power
could someone explain to us when the minute difference pro and pro -am are justified . I was under the impression that if you finished within that minute of the leader as a pro-am rider you were given the overall ?:confused:

Official Times (pulled from GNCC website)

Yokley, 1:37:04
Rice, 1:37:13
Ballance, 1:37:16
Barron, 1:37:27
Borich, 1:37:52

All of these racers pulled out incredible times in terrible conditions. The scrum at the finish line made it look like Barron had the time advantage on Ballance, but after reviewing the tapes Racer Productions made some time adjustments to account for the problems with scoring. This is a timed race after all! Remember: the timer starts when the racer starts. Barron started one minute later, but so did his timing.
Can we quite this? WE HAVE A TIE FOR THE OVERALL LEAD FOR GOD'S SAKE! WE SHOULD BE LOOKING AHEAD TO CHRIS AND BILL BATTLING AT THE JOHN PENTON. Not arguing about whether Racer Productions was able to manage their finish line properly. If this was the Klotz Ironman, then we might have reason to argue. (maybe)

465Stroker
05-04-2005, 07:02 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Klotz Director
[ WE HAVE A TIE FOR THE OVERALL LEAD FOR GOD'S SAKE! WE SHOULD BE LOOKING AHEAD TO CHRIS AND BILL BATTLING AT THE JOHN PENTON.

I am still trying to figure out how you all figure that Bill & Chris are tied??? Chris has a 2 point lead! :macho

Klotz Director
05-04-2005, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by 465Stroker
[ WE HAVE A TIE FOR THE OVERALL LEAD FOR GOD'S SAKE! WE SHOULD BE LOOKING AHEAD TO CHRIS AND BILL BATTLING AT THE JOHN PENTON.

I am still trying to figure out how you all figure that Bill & Chris are tied??? Chris has a 2 point lead! :macho

Overall! Overall! Sheesh!

TheJaspMan
05-04-2005, 07:05 AM

I had been scratching my head on that for two days. I kept forgetting to look it up.

465Stroker
05-04-2005, 07:13 AM
Overall! Overall! Sheesh!

You run for that overall...We'll run for the Class Championship! In all my years I have never seen the Pro Class Champion without a #1 plate so it will follow also...;)

Bush0102
05-04-2005, 07:20 AM
Ok guys if all goes as planned vide should be up sometime soon. I just finished my last exam so i'm packin up and should be home by 4:00...

then i'll get the video on my comp and send it to harlen. This is just going to be raw footage of the start, some of the pros in the woods, and of course the finish line mayhem (what i could get of it- the suzuki guys around me went nuts and its hard to see.

Look for a high quality huevos-style segment coming from my brother and I in about a week or so...it will have pros and amateurs so be on the lookout for it- you might be in it!

Klotz Director
05-04-2005, 07:21 AM
You run for that overall...We'll run for the Class Championship! In all my years I have never seen the Pro Class Champion without a #1 plate so it will follow also...;)

By that reasoning: you've never seen an overall winner that didn't win the pro class! Everything will Ballance itself in the end. (hehe)

SixthFloorFreak
05-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Admin
Morning Race Results

First Year Racer (16-24)
1st Chaz Green
2nd Damien Camplin
3rd Brandon Stacy
4th Richard Edwards
5th Adam Cooper

just wanted to publicly say congrats to my fellow Butler Countian and close friend Damien. this was his first GNCC race ever

:D

jlhughes750
05-04-2005, 08:42 AM
JL:

Don't drag me into this....... I never even metioned Bills name!!!
I just wanted to make sure knowone was trying to discredit Barron in any way......

cdalejef
05-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Man, I miss a few races and all hell breaks loose. :p

Johnny_G
05-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Don't drag me into this....... I never even metioned Bills name!!!
I just wanted to make sure knowone was trying to discredit Barron in any way......

Easy killer, I wasn't talking about you......damn JL rough day????

See you at the Penton, and don't forget the yuenling:D

Klotz Director
05-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Easy killer, I wasn't talking about you......damn JL rough day????

See you at the Penton, and don't forget the yuenling:D

Maybe you two could duel on top of the Klotz trailer with those big Q-tip sticks from American Gladiators! Hmm...I think I just dated myself.

Johnny_G
05-04-2005, 12:17 PM
I'll go american gladiators with JL!!!!!!

JL you in....lol

jlhughes750
05-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Sounds good to me!!!:devil:

There called pugle sticks,;) I know a lil something about those....(oldest bro was a DI in the Marines for years, we have a pair at the house!)..........................you sure you want in Johnny!!:devil:

quad_45
05-04-2005, 01:18 PM
I'll go american gladiators with JL!!!!!!

JL you in....lol

LMAO.. Wahoo entertainment that gets me off the hook!!

Johnny_G
05-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Sounds good to me!!!:devil:

There called pugle sticks,;) I know a lil something about those....(oldest bro was a DI in the Marines for years, we have a pair at the house!)..........................you sure you want in Johnny!!:devil:

DON'T SING IT.....BRING IT!!!!!!!!!:macho :cool:

Pappy
05-04-2005, 01:35 PM
the house opens 3 -1 favoring JL:eek:

JG is a lover not a fighter;)

Klotz Director
05-04-2005, 01:50 PM
TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVES!

jlhughes750
05-04-2005, 02:26 PM
this is getting entertaining:D

Johnny's to nice of a guy to be gettin roughed up.;)

How bout fifteen paces with Popo and some pee shooters, now thats a game!!!:eek:

Johnny_G
05-04-2005, 02:33 PM
is quad_45 gonna be our cheerleader JL???????

Pappy
05-04-2005, 02:50 PM
anything as long as they dont sword fight again:p

Johnny_G
05-04-2005, 02:53 PM

:mad:u said u liked that last time....

BTW Pappy i gonna see you saturday at the KOONTZ race :cool:

jlhughes750
05-04-2005, 02:53 PM

alright thats enough....I'm outta here!

Oh and Johnny yes, she will and she'll be cheering for me!!;)

Pappy
05-04-2005, 02:55 PM
[B
BTW Pappy i gonna see you saturday at the KOONTZ race :cool: [/B]

man, the last 2 pro gncc riders that showed up let them local boys whoop'em:D this oughta be good:devil: :blah:

cletusEX
05-04-2005, 04:00 PM
man, the last 2 pro gncc riders that showed up let them local boys whoop'em:D this oughta be good:devil: :blah:

Where is the Koontz race on Sat? Do they have a website? If I can talk a buddy into driving with me, I might go. I've heard those races are pretty sweet.

Johnny_G
05-04-2005, 04:04 PM

I heard Jenks runs em, I think I can hold my own!!!!!!

Pappy
05-04-2005, 05:30 PM
yep and jenks didnt have a great day. it wasnt his riding, mechanical gremlins got him.

cletus, www.koontzadventures.com if you can make it. fink farm isnt a huge facility but the competition is pretty fierce

jb500ex
05-04-2005, 05:49 PM
By that reasoning: you've never seen an overall winner that didn't win the pro class! Everything will Ballance itself in the end. (hehe)

not this year klotz

Klotz Director
05-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
not this year klotz

I want the championship to be decided in the final race. Why? Because a championship fight is good for the sport. However, I will always cheer first for the sport, second for my racers, and finally, for the other contenders. I wish Chris good luck. I hope he brings another factory sponsorship to the sport. The more attention and money that comes in, the better it is for everyone reading this forum.

TCracin440ex
05-04-2005, 07:36 PM
[BThe more attention and money that comes in, the better it is for everyone reading this forum. [/B]

not just for people reading these forums, but atvers in general

spraw602
05-04-2005, 08:35 PM
johnny if your there jenks dont stand a chance go get -em

BSTURDIVANT
05-04-2005, 08:43 PM
It should be a good race as always! Hope to see you there johnny! And pappy come take some awsome pics as usual!

Chino
05-04-2005, 09:43 PM
oh i can't wait to check out da competition, them sturdivant boys know i will be deep back en da woods hollerin for em, :macho

gump
05-04-2005, 10:19 PM
how far is this koontz race from steele creek ? i can't run anymore gncc races till after the summer break due to running low on vaction days.. :(

Chino
05-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by gump
how far is this koontz race from steele creek ? i can't run anymore gncc races till after the summer break due to running low on vaction days.. :(

i live approximatly and hour from elkins the koontz track, it took us around 8 hours to get to the gncc in steele creek, hope that helps some, if not check out the website www.koontzadventures.com
:macho

gump
05-04-2005, 11:32 PM
hope yall have fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!

crayfz
05-05-2005, 04:27 AM
McGill runs that series also doesn't he?

BSTURDIVANT
05-05-2005, 06:02 AM
You know it chino! Mcgill usually races them, hes always someone to watch out for:macho

bcallen
05-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Admin
This Dodge pickup got hung up in the mud looking for a place to park overnight, and he wasn't able to get it out before the creek overflowed its banks.

The Racer Productions crew looks on as they have a tractor pull the truck to higher ground, and they were busy trying to figure out how they will deal with the severe flooding.

raptorrider
05-05-2005, 10:14 AM
We were camped pretty close to where the Dodge got stuck. He was trying to turn around in the feild (pulling an enclosed trailer) and slid into the ditch. After about an hour of trying to pull the truck out, all they got was the trailer out and they abandoned the truck.

We woke up the next morning to the surprize that the creek had risen into out tent, and halfway up the Dodge truck!

We were camped right beside the trash can in the pic after the Dodge truck.

T2RACING
05-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Anyone know what the track is like at Elkins?? By the way I love the Koontz series enjoy the people and the way the races are run..

Chino
05-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by T2RACING
Anyone know what the track is like at Elkins?? By the way I love the Koontz series enjoy the people and the way the races are run..

a few nice hillclimbs, rocky,rutted, some roots some fast technical tight areas and a few fields,
typical koontz track, if it rains it will definatly be a mudfest:devil:

JackA450r
05-05-2005, 05:54 PM
I think this race is getting heated up before it has even started. :devil: I still got to go with them local boys. Go get em Brent and Brandon. You dominate this series. I think there is going to be some awesome competition and cant wait to see it.
Brent you need to race that Z400 again. You love that thing and you do pretty good on it lol :D
Well good luck to all that race. See you guys there.

P.S. Pappy I hope to see a lot of pics at this race. You do awesome work.

#335 Koontz series rider
Black 450r

Pappy
05-05-2005, 06:34 PM
thanks guys...just remeber i dont run as fast as i used to so please....NO TIRE TRACKS OVER THE CAMERA DUDE:p

Chino
05-05-2005, 09:49 PM
looks like it's gonna be in the 70's and sunny :macho
ill be down at the hillclimb that has 5 different ways up it on the first lap to see who comes barreling thru:devil:

05-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Nice shot Harlen!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid167/p845aadbb96ef4bb93e3a8deafea851d1/f4369c38.jpg

markk
05-06-2005, 07:52 PM
Did you fart:huh There is noone around u at all j/p

Directly infront of you in the brown carhart coat is ILGNCC400EX

05-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by markk
Did you fart:huh actually............:p

Bush0102
05-08-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
actually............:p

haha you should have come over with us...the side where harlen didnt take any pictures:(

Admin
05-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
haha you should have come over with us...the side where harlen didnt take any pictures:(

Which side was this?

Bush0102
05-08-2005, 12:42 PM
haha the right side of the podium...i was just joking. I'm jealous cause i didnt get in any pictures!

Harlen, I'm doing my best to get that video to you- finding a way to send a 380MB video file is taking a while...

05-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
haha the right side of the podium...i was just joking. I'm jealous cause i didnt get in any pictures!

Harlen, I'm doing my best to get that video to you- finding a way to send a 380MB video file is taking a while... get GMAIL accounts ;)

SixthFloorFreak
05-08-2005, 11:31 PM
i've got Gmail invites if you need one Bush 0102

j_cyrus3
05-09-2005, 05:44 PM
i got 50 gmail invites if anyone wants them,pm me