PDA

View Full Version : front end loose

culookn
04-28-2005, 08:56 PM
i just finished setting up my 450's front end today and took it out for its first ride since being rebuilt. i added the c&d shocks rebuild with a set of burgard +2 a arms. the first thing i noticed was how loose it was in the front end. like how it wandered all over the place over any little bump. any reason why? is this die to it being wider or is my tow in or tow out wrong? do i need a stabilzer? any help would be appreciated. just seems kind of odd to be crazy loose in the front end.

kssandduner
04-28-2005, 09:20 PM
A steering stabilizer will make a big difference. I picked one up from JH Racing, and slapped it on before our last trip to the dunes. I let my mom take my 450R for a spin, and I rode her 400ex, I nearly wrecked it a couple times before I got used to the loose feeling of not having a stabilizer!

Joe

44oEX
04-28-2005, 09:36 PM
well a stabilizer will help but you don't NEED one, I don't have one. set you tow in again, when your sitting on the quad it should have about 1/8 toe in.

Jersey450R
04-29-2005, 04:08 AM
get a stabilalizer on there george. makes a world of difference. If you can afford a good one, get it. if not, the PEP or denton will work just fine. I havent had a problem with the Denton yet. The loose feeling is just because your not used to the wider stance yet. Theres going to be more bumpsteer because its wider too. What rims are you running on the front?

Oh yea, and post some pics of your quad dude! :)

Pappy
04-29-2005, 05:51 AM
you have a bad setting somewhere , probably one wheel with more "toe" then the other. when the front end gets light does it feel like the quad is darting around?

culookn
04-29-2005, 10:36 AM
thats exactly how it feels. feels like its shooting all over the place.

KEVIN132
04-30-2005, 04:58 AM
i took along time seting my front end up everything matters. i got a noss steering stabilizer and the thing is the best. what a difference it makes on your strength through a race!!!!!!!!!!!!