PDA

View Full Version : mods on a 465...

SLSD400exGUY
04-28-2005, 08:37 PM
hello,

i was just wondering if anyone can telll me what mods are in a 465? like carb, piston, and all that.

thanks.

44oEX
04-28-2005, 09:18 PM
well it depends, it has to be bored and stroked, a carb would help be is not necesary as would a cam and pipe and stuff. it all depends on the quad really.:huh

EPDP99
04-28-2005, 11:31 PM
heavy duty rod and hi comp piston. carb make a big difference if its got a cam and port work

SHADETREE101
05-01-2005, 07:20 AM
my friend has the 465 which is all cylinder andd piston, stock stroke. it runs like you wouldn't believe. but it does have to run on alcohol to keep it cool. he ahs the 41mm fcr carb converted to alcohol and a 12:1 piston. it has a real tall cam in it since it is mainly used for drag racing. the cases had to be ported to accept the sleeve, and the valves were opened up for larger ones. it also had the d shaped porting which helped it alot. the counter balance had to be reweighted to compensate ofr the bigger piston bob weight. but man it runs.

TC426EX
05-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Yeah, as ^^ said, the engine needs to be completely disassembled so the center cases can be bored to accept the 465 sleeve. Havent heard about the counter balancer being reweighted, but I guess it would make sense. Youll definitely need an HD rod such as the Carrillo or Sparks rod, that is not an option. Also, HD head studs and a CRF450 cam chain should be added. As far as what you do to the rest of the engine, thats up to you... If youre going to do that bore, youll want to get it ported/polished with some oversize vavles, cam, and an aftermarket carb to feed that thing.

Call some companies such as Curtis Sparks, GT Thunder, and so forth, and inquire about the details of a 465 kit to save some money. I know sparks offers one, but Im sure there are others.

cummingetit
05-01-2005, 09:28 AM
Running meth is not needed on all big motors to keep them cool. I run 112 in my 13.5:1 FDO 493 and it just runs hot, not really hot.