PDA

View Full Version : i have no electricla!!

hardkoratvmxr
04-28-2005, 07:08 PM
On my 2003 300ex it has a problem. we have been building a big track and i hit this big jump and flat landed so i parked the quad and now it doesnt start at all.

i have no lights, no neutral, reverse! I do get lights however when we have to roll start it because my starter somehow goes out to and after bout an hour of roll starting it the neutral and reverse lights will come back.

but the lights are dim and then a half hour after that they are bright like normal. I cant seem to figure out what is wrong.

If you have any ionsight on where i should start my look i would appreciate it.

i thought it was my battery but before i go tearing it apart i thought i would ask.

30ex-man
04-28-2005, 07:12 PM
this happen to me to it is something where the light switch and kill switch control conects to. when you ride for a while and then time will go by and it will work again.

30ex-man
04-28-2005, 07:19 PM
we us cut the wires and individual put them together

ZSK
04-28-2005, 07:42 PM
Check all of your fuses and connections. If everything is in shape swap batteries with a buddy. The batteries in quads now are cheaply made. If you need to replace it check out Deka glass mat batteries. They are a gel base instead of water and are much better for the conditions quads are used in.

hardkoratvmxr
04-28-2005, 07:55 PM
i dont think it is those wires because i have no lights or anything and if it was one of those wires i would at lerast have the neutral light and i am hoping it is my battery and it isnt my fuse i checked that.but i think it is my battery cuz i dotn think it will hold a charge anymore but i still dont see why my starter wont try to kcik over or i have no reverse or neutral light. i just need help!~

duke416ex
04-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Sounds like the battery. Kinda like it is to weak to turn the starter or run the lights. Then after you run it a while it gets a little charge and will start as long as you don't let it sit a while. Try putting jumper cables on it when you first try to start it. If it starts then pretty sure it is batt. You might need to inspect it and be sure you didn't bust the battery when you landed, how do you like those wheels?

hardkoratvmxr
04-28-2005, 09:22 PM
i will try that

Aceman
04-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Clean all your connections on your battery cables. I had a similar problem with mine. I crashed, after I dusted myself off my quad wouldn't start. As a last ditch effort, I cleaned my negative ground cable where it attaches to the frame, sure enough it worked. Freak problem if you ask me.:huh Saved me from getting towed back home. I would check your battery over also, look for cracks or leaking battery acid, anything that might cause a problem. Good luck.

30ex-man
04-29-2005, 02:00 PM
i just told you what happen to me