PDA

View Full Version : Herrmann A-arms

Quiksilver01
04-28-2005, 04:48 PM
does any one have em.... what do you think of em..... any info.... thanks

SwainRacing
04-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Yep we are running them. We have the standard +2. We were to get the long travel ones but I dont know what happend there. I have only ran it at the SC GNCC race and they worked Great! Hit a few trees and no problems. Again, we have only had them on for one race so far. Quality is as good as any other brands I have seen out there.

Quiksilver01
04-28-2005, 05:27 PM
thanks ill probably be gettin some

atvfrk10
04-28-2005, 08:15 PM
You getting them for your 250ex, if so once you get them on post some pics. wanna see what they look like on it

SwainRacing
04-29-2005, 02:29 AM
Here is the best shot of what I have of ours.

SwainRacing
04-29-2005, 02:31 AM
here are what the 250ex ones look like. This is off of their web page.

http://www.herrmannracing.com/old/Pictures/aarms01_small.gif

Quiksilver01
04-29-2005, 07:49 AM
im gettin some as soon as i have the money then some elkas or i might get the elkas first...... as far as i know the a-arms use standerd shocks right?

250R Baja Rider
04-29-2005, 10:35 AM
I am using them on my 250r. The geometry is made to handle great.

I have 2 comments though,

1. The ball joints take forever to brake-in. I had to remove my steering stabilizer cause I couldn't turn. I had to take the ball joints off and place them on a vise, turn them until they broke in.
This took hours of work.

2. The rods ended up being too short. I could only get about 3 turns into the rod ends.

I am in California, they are in PA. It thought it was easier to deal with the problem myself and fix it rather than sending them back.

flyingbyfast400
05-01-2005, 04:42 PM
I have a set on my 400, and havnt had any probs what so ever.. Great a-arms and they hold up great...

dudeonit
05-02-2005, 06:34 AM
Lets see. 250r +1,+1 arms ordered. This is what i found.

1) The left upper cross-brace was 1/4 " too far inboard as compared to the right-side, causing contact with the shock spring at full suspension extension.

2) Sent left-side back for replacement as promised by Brad. Unit that was returned to me was NOT a replacement, but a repair job to the returned unit. The cross bar was now 1/4 " outboard as compared to the right-side. Also, due to the fact that it was a repair, they had blown through the main-rear bar and there was welding slag balls rolling around inside. Needless to say I was disappointed in the QC involved . I ended up drilling an escape hole and rewelding the arm myself. e-mailed Brad and recieved no return e-mail.

3) Yes, their ball joints leave a LOT to be desired. Plus they have no zircs. I ended up reusing my Denton Ball joints and selling the Denton a-arms with the Herrmann joints.

4) They do address on major concern that I had with the Dentons. Because of their "S-Bend" design, there is no tie-rod to lower a-arm contact at full steering input.

I ended up drilling and tapping the arms out for my own grease zircs as that can become a maintenance issue.

All-In All I like the concept (s-bend) but the Quality Control leaves a LOT to be desired along with inferior parts (ball joints).