PDA

View Full Version : yoshi and k&n

sim
04-28-2005, 12:09 PM
well thier on there way full yoshi tri-oval and K&N air filter but i was just wunderring if someone else has this on there yfz and if so what are you jetted at (keep in mind my air box cover's on)just so i know now what im going to have to do before it gets here. i live in Timmins, Ontario, Canada and i just ride track so im not in any high elevations at all! other then what i am now above sea level witch i have no clue what that is!

thanks for your help!

CARLSON
05-02-2005, 10:57 AM
I HAVE THE FULL YOSH(PIECE OF **** PIPE),K&N FILTER,CAM MOD,AIRBOX LID OFF.FOR JETTING AT 0-900 FEET IM RUNNING
A 45 PILOT,170 MAIN,GYTR NEEDLE 3RD CLIP,2 TURNS OUT ON FUEL MIXTURE SCREW

sim
05-02-2005, 04:14 PM
thanks man but im looking for some jetting specks with the air box cover on. but thanks anyway. oh and may i ask why you think your exhaust is not very good?

jr1975atv
05-02-2005, 04:36 PM
I've got the full yoshi stainless steel i like my pipe. Try the 168 main or 165 go with 48 pilot just mess with the fuel screw till it runs best. Oh ncvq needle on the 4th clip

sim
05-02-2005, 05:31 PM
168 seems a little bit big because the exhaust came with jetting specks for ppl who run with the air box cover off and they say to go to a 160 main and to give the mixture screw 2 3/4 of a turn out and to put the needle clip on the 3 position so i dont know about going that high for the main sence when the covers off there more air and they say to run a 160, and sence im running my cover on that means less air so i would have to have a smaller jet then what the recomend using with the air box cover off. :confused: :confused: :confused:

jr1975atv
05-02-2005, 06:27 PM
You can try what they say but i've got a 160 main in a stock yfz all stock lid on baffle in. Mine runs rich with the lid on with the 168 thats why i said try the 165. You will have to try things out to get what works for you

sim
05-02-2005, 07:23 PM
thanks man i will do that

i just started the bike up with the yoshi and k&n and its seams to be running a little lean the plug was starting to get a little on the pail side so im going to try moving my main to a 160 and all go from there it didnt spotor or anything but its like i said the plug was looking a little pail. but thanks anyway man if you here of anyone with the same stuff i have and know what his running for jetting let me know k thanks again