PDA

View Full Version : Ok need some help

dirtmomma
04-28-2005, 08:18 AM
So here's the deal we are putting hydro brakes all around on our blaster FINALLY :D I got rotors,hubs,spindles,calipers all off of a 02 Raptor for a good deal, I figured they would be the same as the Banshee????? I know people have said that Banshee stuff works so i figured why not Raptor!! Anyway we got one side on BUT where the top ball joint goes into the spindle it's not threaded on the stock arms :( soooooo my ? is anyone have any suggestions on a "fix"(would drilling a hole in it & a strong cotter pin w/ a washer hold it??) How much stress is on the top arms???? I'm hoping we won't have to get new arms cuz I just spendt enough on the damn brakes to get it too stop!!!!! I can go take pics here in a minute & post so you all know what I'm talking about :D:D
Thanks for the help in advance

dirtmomma
04-28-2005, 08:32 AM
Ok here's some pics of the stock set up & new set up :)

dirtmomma
04-28-2005, 08:34 AM
so as you can see we can drill the hole out a little for the ball joint to fit but how can we secure it??????

300exOH
04-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Could you thread the pin where it goes through the spindle? I don't know if I would trust a cotter pin and washer:ermm: If you hit something that cotter pin would shear off and parts would fly.:eek2:

Forgot to add...you could have someone weld a mount for an aftermarket upper ball joint

dirtmomma
04-28-2005, 08:51 AM
Well I was thinking the same thing about threading it, WHY couldn't we thread it?????? YES I feel the same way about the cotter pin LOL, just throwing that out there :o I was thinking about having our fabricator cut the crappy ball joints off & buying replacement ones that screw in, I saw them on RMATV they are American Racing brand I think!!
I'll have to see what we can get done :):)

300exOH
04-28-2005, 08:58 AM
Yeah. I would think the aftermarket ball joints would be the safest way to go. Good luck

dirtmomma
04-28-2005, 09:11 AM
BUMP :)