PDA

View Full Version : 05 Grizzly impressions

chevy71
04-28-2005, 06:07 AM
Well, I have this quad I bought about 2 weeks ago and have about 10 hours on it. My initial impressions of it are as follows:

These observations are my opinions based on owning a 400ex.

1. Starts good - Although I still rev it at a slightlty higher rpm than idle to get it to warm up before taking off. No big deal.

2. Does use more gas than I am used to. Big bore. Again no big deal here for me.

3. Transmission shifts nicely out of Park.

4. One fault - the motor has a lot of vibration that is felt and seen through the shaking of the handle bars. Still getting used to that.

5. No mud around here so I cant comment on mudding. Although I did notice that when you unlock the front diff. the display still reads locked until you either drive a little way and let off the gas or go in reverse a few feet. This seems normal as it needs a way to physically unlocked inside the differential. No big deal.

6. Not the fastsest in top speed but it gets there rather quickly. Again didn't buy it for top speed. Bought it for work. It had no problem pulling an old 35-40 ft long cotton trailer.

7. Kinda wished the trunk was accessible from the back. But I have yet to put anything in there. Again no big deal.

8. Good solid plastics.

9. Haven't noticed any tippiness when corning. Never have felt in danger..

10. Nice engine braking in 4wd when going down ditches.

11. Kinda wish the engine bay was not covered up by the plastics as to let heat out. I guess I'll find out in summer if it overheats.

Thats about all I can think of right now.

James