PDA

View Full Version : Just filled oil in with 2 quarts and it was full!!HELP!

wheelinforlife
04-27-2005, 10:18 PM
Well i drained my old oil today and oil filter and I put in the new and by 1 and 3/4 quarts it was over full. I did not start it up and let it sink in yet cause my air filter is drying but what should i do thanks.

nosliw
04-27-2005, 10:20 PM
just checking the obvious.... did you drain the crankcase too?

04-27-2005, 11:03 PM
Try pulling the bolt off the bottom of the oil tank and draining the oil in that spot also. You have to under stand that the oil tank holds oil too. Hint Hint. I bet you didn't drain it now did you. Its okay we all have to learn somehow. Give it a try and let me know what happens.

wheelinforlife
04-27-2005, 11:35 PM
ok I'm not dumb I drained oil from the crank case, oil filter, and the oil tank. It filled up fast last time i changed oil too.

400exrider707
04-27-2005, 11:38 PM
Mine does that too sometimes, just wait and start it up for a few minutes, then put the rest of it in.

wheelinforlife
04-27-2005, 11:52 PM
I have another question... on tighten my chain. the four bolts on the back of swimng arm are loose but I do not get how to make the adjustment? please be specific;)

nosliw
04-28-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by wheelinforlife
I have another question... on tighten my chain. the four bolts on the back of swimng arm are loose but I do not get how to make the adjustment? please be specific;)

take a flathead screw driver or something similar and stick it in the slots that are just to the right of the rear sprocket. turn it either forwards (the direction the wheels turn when your going forward) or pull it backwards to tighten/loosen the chain. that should work, but if for some reason its too gunked-up try using big channel locks that have a towel in them so nothing gets scarred up.

wheelinforlife
04-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Now that I have ran my wheeler to the car wash when i got back the dipstick has nothing on it? Do i add more? And can i add my winter oil with my summer oil?

F-16Guy
04-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Now that I have ran my wheeler to the car wash when i got back the dipstick has nothing on it? Do i add more? And can i add my winter oil with my summer oil?
You HAVE to start your bike before you put the rest of the second quart in so it can be distributed to the crank case and filter housing. After you start it and warm it up, add the rest of the second quart. You can mix different viscosities of oil, it doesn't matter.

F-16Guy
04-28-2005, 10:19 PM
ok I'm not dumb I drained oil from the crank case, oil filter, and the oil tank. It filled up fast last time i changed oil too.

I have another question... on tighten my chain. the four bolts on the back of swimng arm are loose but I do not get how to make the adjustment? please be specific
Find an owners manual and read it.:tired:

F-16Guy
04-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
take a flathead screw driver or something similar and stick it in the slots that are just to the right of the rear sprocket. turn it either forwards (the direction the wheels turn when your going forward) or pull it backwards to tighten/loosen the chain. that should work, but if for some reason its too gunked-up try using big channel locks that have a towel in them so nothing gets scarred up.
I think there's also a spanner wrench available that fits the slots better. It is possble to crack the carrier by prying on the slots with something that doesn't fit right. I would try pry on at least two of the slots together with a couple of long allen wrenches, or something that fits fairly snug.

wheelinforlife
04-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Thanks. I got it done this afternoon. My manual is at my buddies house:(