PDA

View Full Version : where does it plug into ??

SRH
04-27-2005, 08:39 PM
i was putting on my resistor kit today and learned 2 things the plate for the resistor doesnt work good with denton stabilizer so i turned it around so its towards the cdi box bent the tab back a lil for the cdi and made 2 aluminum spacer to raise it up highera nd got longer bolts then bolted it down with the rectifier, plus its tucked up under my hood nicely,

2nd i plugged my wiring harness in then looked at all of the wires that were not plugged in, and i figured the key switch must be were the resistor plugs into then the other plug in comming off the resistor is the new one for the key to plug into is this correct? i wanna make sure before i got any further, also for the thermo switch i see stock they had marks on it that had to be lined up with the ones on the radiator but not on the one they give you... does it matter where the thermostat is position i think it only can be in one position tightened down anyway right?, if it doesnt plug into the key switch im lost on where it does, i read the directions off the offroad.com website but it doesn thelp as far as where the wires go

SRH
04-28-2005, 02:34 PM
thanks for the help

VIGILANTE MAN
04-29-2005, 10:44 AM
I just got mine last night. It looks to me like the wiring harness for the resistor plugs into the wires going to the rectifier. All the plugs are correct and the harness length is about right.

SRH
04-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by VIGILANTE MAN
I just got mine last night. It looks to me like the wiring harness for the resistor plugs into the wires going to the rectifier. All the plugs are correct and the harness length is about right.

yeah you follow the wires up from the rectifier and plug the resistor in those 2 plugs, the key switch has identical plugs so i got mixed up lol:p , i had to g et some longer bolts and make spacers and turn the plate around to run the resistor with my denton stabilizer