PDA

View Full Version : Full Flight A-Arms

MAD450r
04-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Has anyone ever used them before?
I want them for my 450r they seem to be fairly cheap, but I dont want something that will snap off the first big air I try with them. I wish I could afford lonestar again as I have on my 416ex.

I recently installed a geforce axle and its been ok.

rob-u/21
04-27-2005, 08:32 PM
I have never seen these a arms but just remember that you get what you pay for.

MAD450r
04-27-2005, 08:55 PM
seen them on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4544422229&category=43972&sspagename=WDVW

have a look

oh as for +1 forward, never rode with those does that add bump steer ?

TBD
04-28-2005, 08:55 AM
I personally would not use arms that use hiems on the lowers. There is no need for adjustability at the frame. The hiems are not used in the direction that they are rated. I know there are a lot of people using the hiems on the lowers but that does not make it correct. I noticed that the hiems shown in the picture appear to be a inexpensive mild steel hiem which I have found that the housings tend to stretch and then the ball is loose. Just my opinion.

MAD450r
04-29-2005, 01:36 PM
Well I gave in and ordered burgard +2+1 nickel plated arms. I should see them next week sometime. Now I only have to save up to send out my shocks.

Mikenar
04-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Could have got Burgards for the same price shipped...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4545219199&category=43972

*edit: oops just read what you actually typed instead of skimming thru it.. solly*

NacsMXer
04-29-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by TBD
I personally would not use arms that use hiems on the lowers. There is no need for adjustability at the frame. The hiems are not used in the direction that they are rated. I know there are a lot of people using the hiems on the lowers but that does not make it correct. I noticed that the hiems shown in the picture appear to be a inexpensive mild steel hiem which I have found that the housings tend to stretch and then the ball is loose. Just my opinion.

I fully agree. Heims are ok for uppers but not lowers because the lowers are what take the initial impact. I would much rather have some beefy 4130 chromoly tubing attaching the lower arm to the frame, than a threaded heim joint. What's going to break easier, a threaded bolt, or a chromoly steel tube? It's an easy choice, heim lowers are just plain sketchy.

MAD450r
05-03-2005, 07:45 PM
I just installed my new arms and I mesure about 48inches wide with my stock shocks set to the same ride height I had them set on with my stock arms.

They dont seem to be at or over 50 inches as I was afraid of.

Oh and the breakline seem as though they would have fit +3's :(

I put that g-force +3 axle on and its right at 50inches, thats another reason I guess my shocks need to be done for it to sit at the widtch I wanted