PDA

View Full Version : AC Pro Peg Problems

pork917
04-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Just bought AC Pro Peg Nerfs from C&D, got everything fast and cheap but had a problem during installation. Just cant get them to attach together. The two tubes that go through the frame and connect wont slide all the way together. Theres about 2 or 3 inches between them connecting. It looks like the male end is bent, because when off the bike they slide together but on the bike they dont. Anyone have this problem?

BSTURDIVANT
04-27-2005, 07:15 PM
I've seen several sets that were welded wrong- should be sent back and let them know that someone screwed up! most people just throw them on anyway!

kyleschonert
05-01-2005, 03:29 PM
it seems like ac always has problems with their parts messing up. They messed up nerfs for when i had a 250ex, and now i have a 300EX, and they messed those up also. So i just bought d.g. instead.

400exrider0004
05-01-2005, 08:09 PM
I have 400ex and i have the same problem. The bars that connect aren't slipping all the way on. The weld is hitting the oil tank. The left side nerf bar is lower than the right. I think i am going to return mine and get new ones. Good luck.

QuadJunkies
05-01-2005, 09:43 PM
We too had issues with Nerfs and had to send ours back for an exchange. Second set cracked after one use............... On a mini :ermm:

450 Racer R
05-02-2005, 06:06 PM
myself, my brother, and cousin have the ac pro pegs for the 450r. They went on with no problems at all and have had em off and on many times without any problems. That gap in the middle isn't supposed to close up, that's fine there. As far as trying to get them to line up, don't tighten down the bolts on the peg mounts yet. If you noticed, they're slotted for adjustment. If you just pick a spot and torque em down then try to put the nerfs on you're gonna run into problems. You still want some play back there until you get the nerfs all lined up, then just try to tighten the peg bolts down with an open end wrench. Pull the nerfs off and finish torquing the bolts for the peg mounts.

Mine went on fine and I love em. good luck:macho

orvs4me
05-03-2005, 01:44 AM
I just replaced my AC propegs with the regular AC nerfs so I could use the IMS Roll pegs. Both sets fit and look great to me.
I'll sell you the propegs. They fit just fine.

Jersey450R
05-08-2005, 06:32 AM
try grinding the male end a little. should slide right in. If that dosent work, try astroglide or KY. :D :p

chapmanmd
05-09-2005, 09:22 AM
On our 300ex, I want to use standard AC nerfs with roll pegs and heel guards. Think that will work?

Rico
05-09-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by pork917
Just bought AC Pro Peg Nerfs from C&D, got everything fast and cheap but had a problem during installation. Just cant get them to attach together. The two tubes that go through the frame and connect wont slide all the way together. Theres about 2 or 3 inches between them connecting. It looks like the male end is bent, because when off the bike they slide together but on the bike they dont. Anyone have this problem?

Mine where that way so I just put them on anyway and have used them for 4 years with no problems. Put em on and ride...:blah:

400exrider0004
05-14-2005, 11:19 AM
I sent mine back to AC and talked to a guy named Mike. He was really helpful. The pair i got back went on fine! Send yours back and get new ones!!

kyleschonert
05-14-2005, 11:22 AM
That didnt happen to me. They put them on the jig and said they were fine, sent them back, didnt work. Sent them back and they said they would put them on an acutal quad, they said they were fine, got them back, still didnt fit. Returned them back to moto-man and bought dg's and they have worked great.