ok i was wondering if it is worth while to make my 250x into a mx quad

kevo081
04-27-2005, 07:14 PM
i would have to say no

VT250X
04-28-2005, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by kevo081
i would have to say no

Why do you say that? I've seen many hopped up 250X's racing. They can be made pretty quick without spending a ton of money.

LM

bradley300
04-28-2005, 07:22 AM
it depnds. if you would like to race the youth production class, then yes,build it up. if you would like to race say, the c class, you can still build it up if you like, but you would be better off on a bigger machine. either way, like all quads, you will never sell it for nearly wat you have in it

VT250X
04-28-2005, 01:36 PM
I agree. As far as racing goes, they are probably better suited to "youth" or similar classes. He never said anything about cost being a factor although I'm sure it would be. If he was looking to get into racing then he should sell it if he needed the cash and maybe buy a used 400EX or something if he wanted to stick with Honda.

Racing aside if you have ever rode one for any length of time you have to admit that the fun factor is way up there on the scale. They can be had for fairly cheap and there are tons of aftermarket parts available as well as used stock parts. The motors are nearly rock solid and most start on the 1st or second kick. If you can pick one up for a good price they are well worth the investment. Getting your money back on upgrading any quad would be a real challenge.

For once a non hostile discussion.

Cheers,

LM