PDA

View Full Version : illegal

400exrida
04-27-2005, 06:53 PM
my friend and i have been riding in central illinois for a while and nobody will ever let us ride on their land...even when the cops say it is legal to ride on the state property and we have been threatened to be arrested several times...does anybody else have this problem?evidently 4-wheelers are ILLEGAL:D

Joe400ex
04-27-2005, 07:33 PM
what town are u in were in chicago we go threw this everday

roostin_dale
04-27-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by 400exrida
my friend and i have been riding in central illinois for a while and nobody will ever let us ride on their land...even when the cops say it is legal to ride on the state property and we have been threatened to be arrested several times...does anybody else have this problem?evidently 4-wheelers are ILLEGAL:D

Im aussuming im your firend your tlaking about? Is this Jacob or Derek? Well, yes we have been threatend alot, and they have tried to arrest us before. We ride on legal land but there is just one jackass guy that tries to get us in trouble.

rusty_2001
04-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Of you are on state property when that guy says im gonna call the cops, let him call them and when they come out they will tell you leave and dont come back if it is illegal., or he will tell the jackass to go home and leave you guys alone.
Pretty simple i think.

roostin_dale
04-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by rusty_2001
Of you are on state property when that guy says im gonna call the cops, let him call them and when they come out they will tell you leave and dont come back if it is illegal., or he will tell the jackass to go home and leave you guys alone.
Pretty simple i think.

we dont even bother, he is just an old drunk guy trying to get us in trouble. We ride on the old railroad tracks( no trains just the old beds) and in a corn field that we have permission to ride in....the guy is just weird, haha

crablaster
05-02-2005, 04:11 PM
i live in ohio adn we get introuble and chasssed all the time my friends have been shot at by farmers adn we have had our bikes inpounded it sucks o yeah in my city we cant even ride around our own yards its elligal

99nilloc
05-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Well Im from Lower Michigan and here theres alot of state land to ride on but if the trails arn't marked state trails there off-limits unfortunatley. You just take the risk of getting popped by the DNR.
As for private land, it would definity try to avoid, or you might like you said crab, get shot at by some farmer.

Noloss
05-02-2005, 07:25 PM
You know I really have had my eyes opened by listening to you guys, I always felt like I had it bad. I actually got it pretty good up here in Northern Ontario... We ride rodes to the differant pits and if we behave ourselves the cops leave us alone! It must suck for you guys to have to constantly fight the law! Live to ride, Ride to live!

preddy107
05-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Yeah sounds like you guys got it real bad..... Its pretty nice down here in Indiana... Hell its even legal to ride on the rode if your registerd and have a drivers licence. And you can ride about ne were with out worrys of cops or DNR

maxxemracing
05-05-2005, 05:37 PM
I guess i am really lucky i live in the middle of nowhere i live about a half a mile from a state owned mountain ,and the sheriff lives right beside me, and he lets me ride on the road and on the 400 acres of trails on Pilot Mountain.
My family owns 40 acres of land and i have a pretty good sized flat oval (1/4 mile to be exact.GPS)and a feild with about 8 jumps. it takes me 20 minutes to get to my friends house haulin assprin with about 10 miles of trail and two miles of asphalt i have been chased once but the entrance was a few hundred yds away and i got away i couldnt imagine having to load up and go somewhere to ride i feel bad for you guys

jonc623
05-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by preddy107
Yeah sounds like you guys got it real bad..... Its pretty nice down here in Indiana... Hell its even legal to ride on the rode if your registerd and have a drivers licence. And you can ride about ne were with out worrys of cops or DNR

i dont know what county you are in but it is not legal to ride atv's on the roads here registered or not and i live 15 min from badlands

tro_400
05-09-2005, 12:13 PM
it sucks pretty bad because live where 400exrida lives recently we just built a little track and ol farmer brown came out and put a bunch of stuff in the way

derekhonda
05-10-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by preddy107

??? dont think so

rodenberg35
05-11-2005, 03:09 PM
It is legal to ride in Chillicothe Missouri with a registerd quad and a drivers lisence so maybe it is legal for the other dude to ride in his town. doesnt mean it is legal everywhere. dumbarses

<DRS>GPF
05-15-2005, 03:57 AM
in many cases, local jurisdiction has the final say so..

around here, in a small farm community, as long as your not being the *****, John Law wont say much about riding rural backroads.. especially during farming season..

they occasionally say something though..

it appears the meth-heads are ruining any non-work related riding on the backroads though..

BLAZZIN
05-23-2005, 10:38 AM
IN SOUTH DAKOTA AS LONG AS YOUR QUAD IS REGISTERED WITH A MOTORCYCLE PLATE YOU CAN RIDE ON ANY PUBLIC STREET BESIDES THE FREEWAY. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT IS IN THE CITY OR THE COUNTRY