PDA

View Full Version : Pro Design Kill Switch

Honda Guy
05-17-2002, 01:35 PM
The 400EX kill switch came in today where do I put it in at(wire wise)

Razorback
05-17-2002, 01:36 PM
i have just the information for you. here is a link that describes installing this thing in detail. took me only a few minutes to get it installed.

http://www.off-road.com/atv/reviews/products/ProDesign/

Colin400EX
05-17-2002, 02:05 PM
I put mine on last night.. Just wired it to the black/white and green wires coming into the handlebar kill switch.. Works like a charm..

R-Crazy
05-17-2002, 05:45 PM
what i did was first found the coil, which is what the instructions said, it is the cylidrical box that the spark plug wite connects to, i then found the yellow and black wire on the coil. i just tapped in to that wire and grounded the other wire. just put it behind any bolt that bolts to the frame (i.e. the rod that holds the front fenders, behind that bolt). really easy. do a search on the topic, you will find your answer if mine is too hard to understand.
good luck

dave

Honda Guy
05-17-2002, 08:35 PM
I dont see how 1 wire going into the old wire will shut it off there only no wire going out right the short one goes to ground right?

nakomis0
05-17-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Honda Guy
I dont see how 1 wire going into the old wire will shut it off there only no wire going out right the short one goes to ground right?

Sounds right to me.

Its shuts off because when you use the kill switch, It grounds the spark (that would be going to the coil) to the frame. No spark to coil, no spark to plug, dead bike.