PDA

View Full Version : need help fast

ericstam07
04-27-2005, 04:10 PM
is this my main jet??? i took apart my carb to get to my mail jet like you guys told me to do in this thread...http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=157974

is this my main jet?? if so how can i clean it?

ericstam07
04-27-2005, 04:48 PM
ok so yea that is my main jet...its all clean and that is not the problem....i shoot my carb and heard somthing rattling.... i opend it up to find out what rattling...and here is what i found..a needle looking thing..a small screw and washer...i think they rattled loose while i was riding or somthing...the niddle thing has a c clip in it

here is the pic of what i opened up to find these

ericstam07
04-27-2005, 04:49 PM
here is what ifound... sorry for the horrible pics but my cam sucks

ericstam07
04-27-2005, 04:50 PM
when i press on the throttle there is a arm in there that moves up and down..(the place that i opened up)

plkmonster2
04-27-2005, 05:00 PM
That is not your main jet, that is your pilot jet. BTW, that plate should be screwed down on your slide, with the needle and washer under it, in the hole in the slide.

plkmonster2
04-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Ok, I think that is your main, but it is hard to see. I think you took the whole assembly out. It also looks like you have a dynojet kit. You might want to ask a friend for help, or get a service manual.

ericstam07
04-27-2005, 05:42 PM
so this stuff loose in my carb is my problem right?? the problem of boggin down at 1/2 throttle and no power at and after half throttle

400exrider707
04-27-2005, 05:50 PM
Ok the needle with the c-clip on it should go back into the carb under that arm in the second picture, and should be pointing down. Then that screw with washer should secure that arm down to the slide. There should actually be two of those screws. My buddy just had this happen on his 450R. Yes this is why your machine wont run good past 1/2 throttle. Im surprised it even runs good up until then.

z400riderz400
04-27-2005, 08:20 PM
When i had my 400ex i had the same problem but thats cuase i didnt tighten the 2 screws enough...

CBF2
04-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by ericstam07
so this stuff loose in my carb is my problem right?? the problem of boggin down at 1/2 throttle and no power at and after half throttle

Then that screw with washer should secure that arm down to the slide.

Yes it is a problem, the needle meters your fuel for everything but off idle and wide open.

The washer is for the needle, not the screw. If your jetting needs it, it goes inbetween the needle E clip and throttle slide, it is like adding a halfway position between grooves. If you do not need it keep it in the toolbox. There should be two srcews to secure the linkage to the throttle slide.

400exrider707
04-27-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by CBF2
Yes it is a problem, the needle meters your fuel for everything but off idle and wide open.

The washer is for the needle, not the screw. If your jetting needs it, it goes inbetween the needle E clip and throttle slide, it is like adding a halfway position between grooves. If you do not need it keep it in the toolbox. There should be two srcews to secure the linkage to the throttle slide.

Oh yeah I forgot the washer could be for the needle itself. There should be two screws there though. Also my buddies 450R had them fall out, but we had to leave the screws a little loose. When we tightened them all the way, the slide would actually stick and not allow the carb to close. :ermm: