PDA

View Full Version : RAD bearing carrier - questions

Razorback
05-17-2002, 12:55 PM
i just got my twin-row RAD carrier with external zerk. i'm not going to install it until my lsr axle gets in, but i have some questions for those who have this carrier.

i assume that the zerk side goes to the sprocket side. i know this is probably a stupid question, just want to make sure i put it in correctly. also, what position do you install the carrier. so, if you were looking from the side at the zerk and chain adjustment holes, where would you set the zerk when first installing? if it was like a clock, would you install it at 12:00, 3:00, etc?

also, do you find adjusting the chain difficult at all. seems like it might be troublesome to get something in those holes to get much leverage.

for those who will undoubtedly make the comment, the only instructions with it are to grease it.

thanks.

ChadEXer
05-17-2002, 01:01 PM
You got you one too?? Where did you get it? I got mine but of course mine isnt ready to go back together yet!!!:(

400exRacerX
05-17-2002, 01:02 PM
The rad carrier has one of the best cahin adjustment features out of all aftermarket carriers. If you have a lsr axle, the sprocket hub has holes in it. What you do is take a punch put it through one of the holes on the sprocket hub and into the hole on the carrier. Then all you do is turn the rear wheels and it adjusts the chain. Tighten everything back up and you set!

Razorback
05-17-2002, 01:08 PM
chad - got it through C&D racing. i was getting a whole bunch of stuff through them and they treated me well, so i wanted to give them my business for the carrier as well.

400exRacerX - that is fantastic news! thanks for the response. that's exactly what i wanted to know. can't wait to get that axle.

Ex'r Marlin
05-17-2002, 03:05 PM
RazorbackExRider, and others:

If you plan on using a skid plate, and you plan to place the grease zerk of the "Rad Axle Carrier" at about 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock for easy grease application, you may need to add spacers to the top of the skid plate and get longer bolts. (I had to). Otherwise, the skip plate may bottom out on your sprocket/brake rotor. If you place the grease zerk in a "down" position, you will be able to use your existing hardware and skid plate, but may not have easy access to the grease zerk, meaning skid plate removal to allow grease gun into zerk.

Good luck!

Razorback
05-17-2002, 03:20 PM