PDA

View Full Version : 313 Kit

300excrazy98
04-27-2005, 01:19 PM
ok I want to make my 300ex a-

313 or a 330

On the Powroll website for the 330 it says you have to get the cases machined. is this true? iknow you dont with the 313

HERE IS MY QUESTION

****If i get the powroll 313 kit which includes- Sleeve, piston, pin, rings, circlips, headgasket. WHAT ELSE DO I NEED?

Also if i get a whole 330 done by FST how much do you think it would be.

I can install the 313 by myself

****So to do my engine what do I need?****

xx3003xrdrxx
04-27-2005, 01:38 PM
cam, hardened rocker arms , oil cooler and sum other stuff i forgettin
around 800 for the 330 and you could do it yourself

300excrazy98
04-27-2005, 02:15 PM
do you know where i can get my cylinder sleeved? or can i do that by myself? and is it true that i have to get the cases machined 2?

ethanp87
04-27-2005, 08:28 PM
the 313 is what im running with the stage 2 cam rockers and springs it cost me about 600 bucks to do it. yes for the powroll they have to be machinedfor the 330 the 313 sleeve barely fits.it has tons of power.youcan have some machine shops do it to press the sleeve.clyinder gasket, timming adjuster gasket it would cost about 650 to do it.

ethanp87
04-27-2005, 08:31 PM
oh and if you jet it right you would not have to have the oil cooler.
the air box lid would need drilled or taked off.

dirtmomma
04-28-2005, 08:48 AM
so I'm curious what size is the 313 piston???? Anyone have any suggestions for my issue LOL ;)
My 300 which has the following mods, high comp piston,hardened rockers,WEB cam stage 3,400ex carb,porting, well I put the 400 carb on & didn't have ANY issues w/ it till I took it to the dunes a few months ago(it had been raced all winter w/ NO isses) anyway it had a 150 main jet & 38 pilot, NOW it's running terrible, sputtering, backfiring, ect so we tookt he carb off cleaned it up good(it was filthy) now we got it too run better no popping but yesterday as my son was riding it to see how it was gonna do all of a sudden it just fell flat on it's face???????? He would give it the throttle & it would bog & die??????????? Haven't checked the plug YET, it was leaning out some before though, if it's still leaning out would this cause it to do what it did & bog & die????? Sorry if this sounds confusing LOL I just don't understand how it can run that good for 6 months then go to hell in a handbasket overnight!!!!!!

300excrazy98
04-28-2005, 08:57 AM
78mm bore

dirtmomma
04-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by 300excrazy98
78mm bore

:cool: i'm getting there LOL, i have 75.5 FOR NOW :devil: :macho

ethanp87
04-28-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
so I'm curious what size is the 313 piston???? Anyone have any suggestions for my issue LOL ;)
My 300 which has the following mods, high comp piston,hardened rockers,WEB cam stage 3,400ex carb,porting, well I put the 400 carb on & didn't have ANY issues w/ it till I took it to the dunes a few months ago(it had been raced all winter w/ NO isses) anyway it had a 150 main jet & 38 pilot, NOW it's running terrible, sputtering, backfiring, ect so we tookt he carb off cleaned it up good(it was filthy) now we got it too run better no popping but yesterday as my son was riding it to see how it was gonna do all of a sudden it just fell flat on it's face???????? He would give it the throttle & it would bog & die??????????? Haven't checked the plug YET, it was leaning out some before though, if it's still leaning out would this cause it to do what it did & bog & die????? Sorry if this sounds confusing LOL I just don't understand how it can run that good for 6 months then go to hell in a handbasket overnight!!!!!!

i would say back off on the main jet to 140 or so and move your neetle all the way up and take your lid off the air box

dirtmomma
04-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Well come to find out that the 400 carb had a crack in it :eek: :grr: by the top sooooo we put the stocker back on along w/ adjusting the valves & took it for a spin & WOW :eek2: what a difference for the BETTER it had awesome throttle response & was pullling wheelies w/ the front lowered which it rarely does w/ ME on it!!! But then we let it cool down some & checked the plug & it's white :( Soooo that shouldn't be a problem though we will work on the jetting tomarrow, I have a TON of jets for the stocker!!! It was running tough sucks it was so lean!!

& ethan I dont run w/ a airbox lid ever really except in the REAL wet conditions :) if I ever get my 400 carb fixed or a new one I may try jetting it wayyyy down cuz it's always ran a little lean!!

hondardr4life
04-29-2005, 03:24 PM
You do not have to machine the cases for the FST 330 kit. I did mine myself, I just had a machine shop resleeve/bore it for me.

300excrazy98
04-29-2005, 03:47 PM
where did you get it resleeved/ bored? How much did it cost?

hondardr4life
04-29-2005, 09:29 PM
I took it to Hetricks racing, they charged me $190, but they do professional motors, so they are kinda expensive. You can take it to any local machine shop.

Out_Sider
04-30-2005, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Well come to find out that the 400 carb had a crack in it :eek: :grr: by the top sooooo we put the stocker back on along w/ adjusting the valves & took it for a spin & WOW :eek2: what a difference for the BETTER it had awesome throttle response & was pullling wheelies w/ the front lowered which it rarely does w/ ME on it!!! But then we let it cool down some & checked the plug & it's white :( Soooo that shouldn't be a problem though we will work on the jetting tomarrow, I have a TON of jets for the stocker!!! It was running tough sucks it was so lean!!

& ethan I dont run w/ a airbox lid ever really except in the REAL wet conditions :) if I ever get my 400 carb fixed or a new one I may try jetting it wayyyy down cuz it's always ran a little lean!!

i noticed the same thing with my 330, i had to 400ex carb on and i couldnt get the jetting right at all, so i put the stock 300ex carb on and it was like a slap in the face :eek2: but i have found that neither the stok or 400ex come close to the Edelbrock.. i love it :devil:

hondardr4life
04-30-2005, 10:33 AM
SO your saying that if i put 400ex carb on mine, im screwed? Because it doesn't sound like its going to work to well from what you 2 just said.

dirtmomma
05-01-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
SO your saying that if i put 400ex carb on mine, im screwed? Because it doesn't sound like its going to work to well from what you 2 just said.

WEll they are a ****** to dial in, when I first put mine on it seemed fine. But I guess it's true bigger isn't always better :eek2: :devil: I'd stick w/ your stocker or sounds like the Edlebrock is good, if I had the $$ I'd try one BUT I dont' so I will leave the stock one on!! The throttle response is back like it used to be, plus w/ the porting it helps alot!!
Good luck w/ yours :)
I will just wait till we upgrade the carb on our 426 then maybe take that one & jet it wayyyy down to start who knows probably just leave it though it's a "retired" racer now...........................I think:ermm: