PDA

View Full Version : pappy, can you ceramic coat my 300ex header

YZ400EX
04-27-2005, 10:24 AM
I have a 300ex header from an FMF Mega Max exhaust and when I got it was all covered in rust..I have cleaned it off really good with a wire wheel, but there are still small pits on it from the rust sitting for so long. Can this be ceramic coated and can you do it?? Also I have a piece of mid pipe from my YZ quad conversion that is aluminized pipe from a muffler shop..Can it be ceramic coated?? Here is a pic of the 300 pipe and of the midpipe I would need done..Thanks

YZ400EX
04-27-2005, 10:25 AM
The YZ quad mid pipe..

Pappy
04-27-2005, 04:45 PM
the best i could offer would be to take them to a company near me that specializes in ceramic coatings. right now we are working on trying to finish our shop and i kind of have things in a bit of a mess to take on much work:D

WKY400EX
04-27-2005, 10:41 PM
Off-topic here, but YZ400EX, that midpipe looks awesome. Got anymore pics of your setup? PM me.

YZ400EX
04-27-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
the best i could offer would be to take them to a company near me that specializes in ceramic coatings. right now we are working on trying to finish our shop and i kind of have things in a bit of a mess to take on much work:D

How much would I be looking at total with shipping on both items back to me?? Let me know..Thanks

YZ400EX
04-27-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by WKY400EX
Off-topic here, but YZ400EX, that midpipe looks awesome. Got anymore pics of your setup? PM me.

Do you want pics of the entire conversion or of just the exhaust?? let me know..I can get you whatever you need..:D

Pappy
04-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by YZ400EX
How much would I be looking at total with shipping on both items back to me?? Let me know..Thanks

before the gas prices caused everything in the world to go up:p they werecharging me like $60 for a headpipe so i can only geuss that your looking at around $75 for the 2 pipes and around $10 for return shipping. they usually take around 2 weeks to complete a pipe.

they do nice work, but someone else maybe able to do better on the price.

YZ400EX
05-01-2005, 09:49 PM
That doesnt sound too bad for me?? who would I pay?? You or them?? Would I just send them to you?? Also with the pipe being kinda pitted from the rust do you think that will matter?? let me know..Thanks again

Pappy
05-02-2005, 10:11 AM
you would send the parts and $$ to me and i settle up with them once the parts are finished etc. i charge whatever they charge. i usually dont like being the middle man but if your in a jam ill do all i can for you.