PDA

View Full Version : gncc questions

duke416ex
04-27-2005, 08:39 AM
Just a couple questions.

First what clas should I run, I have a 416ex, with port work, k&n t4, works triple rate w/ rezzies, and razrs and bandits. It would be my first gncc if I go.

What kind of equip should I bring, gear wise, and how many tanks of gas does one race usually take on a stock size tank?

Thank

smr
04-27-2005, 11:51 AM
This will be my first GNCC and I am running the 35+ C. I am planning on stoping after the third lap for gas.

When are you planning on going down?

duke416ex
04-27-2005, 12:54 PM
I am unsure if I am going yet or not, it kinda depends on the weather and if I will be able to work or not. If I can go I will probably just go down early saturday.

seamonster
04-27-2005, 01:11 PM
the class depends more on your ability than what you have on the bike......probably start in First Year Racer or a C class...

what to bring......liquids, and anything to race in the mud with...its gonna be sloppy

smr
04-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by duke416ex
I am unsure if I am going yet or not, it kinda depends on the weather and if I will be able to work or not. If I can go I will probably just go down early saturday.

What part of Ky do you live in? We will be leaving Hopkinsville around 4pm Friday evening.

duke416ex
04-27-2005, 01:36 PM
I live bout 20 minutes north of Bowling Green. Me and my bro are thinkind of runnin. I know I am not the best, I do feel like I could beat a couple riders atleast(hopefully) in the beginner class. the main prob with doing any good is that I am out of shape, I have rode for a few hours at a time here lately, but it was ride a little stop a minute, I haven't raced anything for bout 4 years. I don't know, I may be so out of shape I would drop out after the first lap. Funds are low too, anyone want to sponsor a couple country boys with many years experience for one race,:rolleyes: , yea right, I wish it was that easy.

seamonster
04-27-2005, 01:43 PM
Loretta's has so many people come out that normally wouldnt race the whole series that I am sure you would beat some people. It's just fun anyway....I am out of shape also but it's fun and the people are great so I keep going...hope to see you there...Chris

smr
04-27-2005, 01:56 PM
WOW you defenately live in the Mecca of the ATV racing. My Son raced at John Ballance's track up there last weekend.

You should give it a try. Don't worry about how well you do...it's all about having fun.

duke416ex
04-27-2005, 02:06 PM
I was in the field the other day, but wanted to go. I raced motox for a few seasons, but had an accident and between that and college, I decided to sit out a while. I was always better in the woods and am just getting the itch again. What class did he race in?

smr
04-28-2005, 07:15 AM
90cc production

duke416ex
04-28-2005, 07:38 AM
The guy who won 4 stroke D or C, which ever is beginner, I haven't looked at the classes is from where I am from. I love watching the kids run, some of them are really serious and some of them just ride, but it's great to watch. I will definately have my kids out there the minute they want to try it, when I have kids.

smr
04-28-2005, 08:26 AM
That's cool. He will be racing my nephew on the 7th.

SwainRacing
04-29-2005, 03:05 AM
duke416ex, How old are you? There are different age groups in the begginer and C Classes. If you think you are not in that good of shape, I think I would go for the begginer class. They start in the last few rows. This way if you do get tired you dont have a bunch of classes behind you pushing you and you can ride at a pace you feel good at. I know this from last year! I am now running the 35+C Class. I got in the wrong class last year. I thought the 4 Stroke Stock class was what I wanted to be in! WOW these guys are almost as fast as the PROs. So the next race I went to the beginner class and did much better. I moved up to the C Class this year and am challanged a little more. Will finish this year in the C class and may be move up next year. Go out and have fun! Take your first GNCC race as a learning Race. Pace your self, get in better shape, ware protective gear, and a camel back is a must have! Have tear offs, extre gloves and goggles. Also take some duct tape to tape off the front of the Quad if it is real muddy! Hope this helps you out and good luck! Have FUN!

duke416ex
04-29-2005, 07:03 AM
I am 24. Is there any classes that you can run that you don't have to pay ama dues?I know it may sound penny pincher of me, but I don't know if I would get to run any other races this year, and $90 just for the race is a little steep to me. I would like to run this one to get an idea of things and then try to run one of the points classes next year.

markk
04-29-2005, 07:51 AM
Like seamonster said, u should probley run the c-class that fits your age group. If you just race at your own pace your almost guaranted too bet a few people.

About being outa shape LOL, Im in shape (IM ROUND).

Anyways It will be worth buy your ATVA/AMA card, Like you said u have the itch, And with this card it will alow you to run some local races possibly.

See ya at the track. markk 4stB

duke416ex
04-29-2005, 08:03 AM
Quick ?, can I run under someone else's ama card, or is that unlawful, not illegal(that's a sick bird)

smr
04-29-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by duke416ex
Quick ?, can I run under someone else's ama card, or is that unlawful, not illegal(that's a sick bird)

Dude..not only is it unlawful..it's wrong. The AMA supports our rite to ride and anyone that owns a quad or bike should be a memeber.

duke416ex
04-29-2005, 09:40 AM
good point, just checking.

duke416ex
04-29-2005, 01:02 PM
Let me be sure I would have everything togethor for a race, first time just want to check. Full tank, extra gas, helmet, boots, kill switch, gloves, goggles, do I have to have #'s?Probably need a spare tire don't I?

SwainRacing
04-29-2005, 06:13 PM
Let me be sure I would have everything togethor for a race, first time just want to check. Full tank, extra gas, helmet, boots, kill switch, gloves, goggles, do I have to have #'s?Probably need a spare tire don't I?

Yes you need all that stuff. But you do not need numbers. you will get a bar code for your helmet and a number for the back of your helmet. Yes it would be nice to have a spare front and rear tire. I have done 4 GNCC races and have not had a flat yet, but we do take spares along. Dont forget some kind of HYDRATION device. Tools Tear offs for your goggles. Should get you started!
$12 entry fee
$40 ATVA yearly membership if not already a member.
$40 Race fee