PDA

View Full Version : Pro design kill switch question

mxdad
04-27-2005, 05:18 AM
This may be a dumb question but I am electrically challenged so I thought I better ask.

My son has an 03 DRR50 that has the tether kill switch up under the rear fender. Last week I found out why it is better to have them on the bars when he was in 1st place and was hit from behind and the tether came off leaving him dead in the water. I bought a pro design tether and the only instructions are the long wire goes to the black/white wire from the cdi and the short wire goes to the chasis ground. My question is can I just hook it up to the two wires that are running to the tether now? They are both black/red but one has a male end and the other has a female end. If I can do this can anyone tell me which wire runs to the cdi and which goes to the chasis ground so I don't have to dismantle and unwrap all of the wires? Would it hurt anything if I just tried connecting the wires to see which way is correct? Thanks for any help!!!

Ericthered rdr
04-27-2005, 09:30 AM
Adam,
call me when you get off work and I can come over and give you a hand. I have some nice heat shink connections too.;) :D

Eric

BTW I forgot to send you the directions to FOTM. I will have them for you tonight.

mxdad
04-28-2005, 09:43 AM
Worked great!!! Thanks for the help!!!