PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee, Kentucky, and other people close to these fine southern states

Bush0102
04-26-2005, 06:11 PM
I know I pmed most of you, but for anyone else:

I want to try to get a bunch of people together for a group ride or two.

I was thinking we could do a trip to 143/Camden Sand Pits on May 7th and 8th.

I also would like to plan a trip to Windrock for the 14th and 15th.

Other places we could have a group ride include west point (what is the riding like there?), LBL, Northern Alabama, and maybe a trip to Hatfield for the EXRiders meet. Also, if you have some personal land or a good LEGAL riding spot let us know so we can meet up!

I ride with some guys who ride dirtbikes, utilities, and sport quads, so everyone is welcome. Bring your friends!

PM me for more info or if you need a ride out of the Nashville area.

I'm sure I'll see some of you at Loretta's this weekend. I'm just gonna wear my bright orange UT shirt so just come say hey if you see me!

smr
04-28-2005, 07:19 AM
where is Camden Sand pits? I have heard about this place but never been there.

Is it legal?

How much does it cost to ride?

duke416ex
04-28-2005, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by smr
where is Camden Sand pits? I have heard about this place but never been there.

Is it legal?

How much does it cost to ride?

ditto

Bush0102
04-28-2005, 08:10 AM
Its completely legal, it's completely free, and its about 200acres of sand pits, dunes, and trails. Its a lot of fun. Its about 20 minutes off of Exit 126 near Holladay and Camden.

megadeath
04-29-2005, 09:53 AM
could give a little more direction to the sand pits
i live in memphis and that is not far from me.
should you use paddle tires or just trial tires?
thanks

:) :cool: :cool: :cool:

Bush0102
05-01-2005, 10:39 AM
Nah, its not worth buying paddles because there are a lot of hard packed trails there too. Stock tires and holeshots work well, but i havent been very impressed with my klaws in the loose sand so i may buy a set of rear stockers on ebay to take to camden...i want some irazrs but i just bought the klaws....

i know this is really vague, i'll look it up on mapquest later for you and get the actual highway numbers.

but you get off of 40 east at exit 126, head north for about 10 minutes, then at the 4 way stop you make a left and drive for about 10 minutes, then you'll cross a creek, make a left, pass some farms, and about 3 miles down the road the entrance to the pits will be on your right. Be sure to bring a truck with 4 wheel drive if you plan on parking anywhere in the pits.

Remember we are going to 143 this weekend! PM me for info!

good seeing everyone at loretta's, what an awesome race

harescrambler45
05-01-2005, 12:37 PM
do you know if its worth the time and money to go to 143.i used to go but quit.and their was alot of unhappy riders posting here and several other sites.

Bush0102
05-01-2005, 02:02 PM
some people like it, some dont. I figure we can try it out and make our own decision. Its not even an hour drive to get there so we might as well.

harescrambler45
05-01-2005, 02:47 PM
o i liked it dont get me wrong.i raced it and went back several times to ride.but it just started going down hill.and i just decided not to go back until they stopped logging and put some effort into the trails.

megadeath
05-01-2005, 06:32 PM
i went to exit 143
the trials are bad and like someone already said they need to spent some time and make trials and repair the ones there.

megadeath
05-01-2005, 06:34 PM
at this sand pits are there any good jumps and any places to races?

Bush0102
05-02-2005, 08:48 AM
Ok guys, i want to make a decision on where to go by tomorrow. The sand pits are out...there just isnt enough riding to make a good trip out of it.

Some friends of mine from school here knoxville are riding at Windrock this weekend because they'll be heading home next week. Since its finally summer and the weather will be nice, we can plan an overnight trip...between Oak Ridge and Knoxville theres plenty of cheap lodging or we can camp. There is so much riding there its unbelievable.

So do yall want to go to 143 or Windrock? People are complaining about 143 and i wouldnt mind driving out here for 72,000 acres.

Let me know and we'll plan it out. Looks like we'll head out of Nashville Friday morning (you can meet us up there that night if you have work or school). We can all meet at a gas station near the Airport or in Lebanon and just caravan down 40 east.

Edit:

just got off the phone, i'm goin to windrock this weekend. I'm going to have to mow all day friday (you saw how muddy lorettas was, think of trying to mow in that) so we will head out that night probably between 5 and 6. We'll check in drop everything off and we can come party here in knoxville...should be the last few of the year so they will be good. If you're older and want to do something else thats fine.

for all the middle TN guys: We'll probably want to meet somewhere on I40 just outside of nashville to avoid traffic...i'd probably reccomend meeting at Cracker Barrel in Mt. Juliet (exit 221 i think) on friday night. We should be able to ride all day saturday.

PM me if you have any questions. Let me know if you are going to be coming so we dont leave you behind. If anyone is coming from somewhere other than the direction of nashville let me know so we can arrange to meet in oak ridge for dinner or something.

Lets ride!

harescrambler45
05-17-2005, 03:40 PM
well ok i have the latest about 143.6 of my racing friends went this weekend.they said the track was worn slam out and rough.tree tops and skidder tracks all over the last few miles.all the markers from the XC track was gone.just for your info hate to see you waste money and a weekend.

Bush0102
05-17-2005, 10:01 PM
yeah i made a post about it somewhere else...i wont be going back.

woodside83
05-18-2005, 06:52 AM
what about camden this weekend